Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The final word on Ouija Boards

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How should you approach the use of Ouiji Boards?

1. Never use them. (13 votes [27.08%])

Percentage of vote: 27.08%

2. Use them with extreme caution. (25 votes [52.08%])

Percentage of vote: 52.08%

3. Make sure you read the manual first, but they are fine. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

4. Just mess about with them. (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Ouiji Boards are fake garbage. (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Wah? Leave me alone. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:35 PM

I think Ruthie's hit the nail on the head here.

If you accept that a ouija board works then beyond that, you have to accept that you don't actually know what's going to happen when it does work. It's the nature of the beast.

Or to put it another way, as long as you believe that something can happen, then you must accept that anything can happen.

I don't believe there's any such thing as an 'expert' on the ouija board - but I do know this: a lot of people have enough quite stressful experiences with it, for whatever reasons, be they paranormal or mental or whatever, to make me think that a degree of caution should be exercised.

It may have been a parlour game once, but the sheer weight it now carries precludes any possibility of anybody entering into it in a spirit of genuine adventure.

Basically, nobody here has the 'correct' answer, but a curse only works if the cursed believe it is so.

Edited by Aslan, 05 December 2003 - 11:36 PM.

#47    Ruthie

Ruthie

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Life after death? -Yes, please!

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

I think we will be friends Aslan! grin2.gif
You made it very clear, what I tried to say!

"as long as you believe that something can happen, then you must accept that anything can happen."

My point exactly!!  grin2.gif

You are good Aslan!

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.

Quote George W. Bush.

#48    Crossed_Angel

Crossed_Angel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:03 AM

I think that they are dangerous. You can let something in that you don't want in this world. Such as a polerguist. (sorry, my spelling is terrible) Or some bad feelings. but that's just me.  

#49    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:09 PM

in my opinion they work sometimes and not others for many reasons.

i think the principle reason for them working is mental energy which makes the glass/planchette/pointer move.

(if only mass hysteria produced more worthwhile effects, or was used more productively maybe the world would be a better place)

anyway, getting back to the point, i think that spirits do attatch themselves to places, people, objects etc, and yes maybe they do attatch themselves to occurences around the ouija board but i think its because of the mental energy present in the room at the time.
as everything is made up of energy i think if there is a lot of mental energy present then obviously the spirit can tap into this and become more powerful, however mostly i believe that the pointer is just mind force, which is y so often it does not work, because if people do not truly believe enough then there subconcious does not take over and allow the minds energy to take over.

thats my theory anyway

and my spirit guide says they r bad anyway

thanx ph34r.gif

amby

#50    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:15 PM

I am not as knowledgeable about the subject of "ouiji boards" as the rest of you seem to be.  Perhaps someone could give me an overview?  My son and my daughter for some reason are terrified of the board or game.  I have never understood why.  Personally I believe that spirits have a lot to tell us.  I believe that we could learn a lot about the after life or maybe answers to questions we have had throughout our lives.  Personally if my Father and Grandparents were still alive I would like to ask them all the winning lottery numbers.  With one child in college and the other on the way, I could use the money.  Anyone else?
Peacelover

#51    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:51 PM

My experience with ouija boards was the same as my experience with dungeons and dragons. Its %100 imagination. Its just a piece of wood with a bunch of letters on it.  Thats not spirtuality. You are only buying what they are selling. Anyone marketing these is sitting behind a pile of your money and yelling " SUCKER!!"

forgive us, we are feeling cynical today.    dontgetit.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#52    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:26 AM

My older sister and her friend seven years ago or so used the latters Ouiji Board for two others they didn't get nothing. dontgetit.gif Maybe no one wanted to talk with them that day. But  I do believe that the Ouiji Board is nothing but trouble, you may want to talk with your grandmother but you may have something else come up instead or also.

My other story is (and I'm not sure if this story that he told us is true so don't ask me) is that he knew (or heard) about this boy, and his friends were using a Ouiji Board and then sometime a fire broke out. I'm not sure when, but before the fire the boy put his Ouiji Board in his closet. When the firefighters went through the remains of the house they saw the Ouiji Board in the closet. Even though the closet was charred and was burnt- the Ouiji Board was in perfect condition. Now I say this again, I''m not sure if this is a true story, that he told us but it's something to think about.

I personaly think that the Ouiji Board is a very interesting and neat tool to contact ghosts and spirits alike, but it's still kinda freaky to use. I mean anything can or could come out of it. Oh and if you have one of those Ouiji Boards boards from Milton Bradly to me that one has to be fake. My friend in Alberta has one. And to me the one from Miltion Bradly just seems fake. But those two storys about the Ouiji Board is kinda interesting to me.  You just have to treat it with respect just like you (we) do with everything else.

Happy Holidays.  original.gif  

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users