Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

sleep talking....in a different language

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1    monkeygobyebye

monkeygobyebye

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

Ok i looked for a forum that might correspond with this subject and found nothing, so here i go.
I've been married for almost a year now and my wife told me something a couple of months ago that really struck me as interesting. She said that sometimes i talk in my sleep (in what sounds like) another language.
Now the reason that i was so perplexed by this is because i have had three other women.....(x-girlfriends) tell me the same thing.
When talking about it their descriptions have all been the same. Not slurring....not gibberish....I'm speaking as clearly as i would through out the day; only difference is it sounds like what has been described as "alien talk"......they have all said that i will say something very rapidly, and then repeat exactly what i just said. So you see, it's systematic....my wife has said that it sounds like several patterns of words i say over and over.
Let me first squash any speculation and say that i do NOT  actually believe that I am speaking in tongues or being channeled by some alien "mother ship".....For that matter i don't believe I'm actually speaking in another language, nor does my wife. But i have gone to several web-sites pertaining to sleep disorders and have found nothing that offers information or gives a description of this for people who talk in their sleep.
So i was wondering, has anyone else out there ever done this, 'that you are aware of'
Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

#2    airika

airika

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:06 AM

Just a thought, but maybe you're talking backwards.  You can buy a cheap little recorder for $15 at the store, and then the next time that you talk like that, have your wife record it.

#3    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:06 AM

I do this while awake.

I made up my own language to say because sometimes I think out loud ( talk what I think ) So I made up my own 50 word language to babble on about while thinking.
People who hear it cant tell its only 50 words, and ask me "Is that japanese/french/whateverish" ? No one ever notices that its only 50 words, only that some of them repeat so obviously it MUST be a "real" language.

Perhaps without realizing it, you've made up your own similar language for dreams.

PS - Also, I second what Airika suggests. If it turns out you really are speaking a differant language thats actually real, you may be on to something.

Edited by Xenojjin, 05 March 2007 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

#4    monkeygobyebye

monkeygobyebye

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

Just a thought, but maybe you're talking backwards.  You can buy a cheap little recorder for $15 at the store, and then the next time that you talk like that, have your wife record it.

I do this while awake.

I made up my own language to say because sometimes I think out loud ( talk what I think ) So I made up my own 50 word language to babble on about while thinking.
People who hear it cant tell its only 50 words, and ask me "Is that japanese/french/whateverish" ? No one ever notices that its only 50 words, only that some of them repeat so obviously it MUST be a "real" language.

Perhaps without realizing it, you've made up your own similar language for dreams.

PS - Also, I second what Airika suggests. If it turns out you really are speaking a differant language thats actually real, you may be on to something.

This is exactly the kind of input i was hoping for. These are very probable explanations. Perhaps i am just talking backwards....or even some kind of 'dream' language. Thank you so much! You guys have got my brain really humming now. I will definitely be investing in a cheap little tape recorder soon.

#5    postalz

postalz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:52 AM

would be interested to hear it, i heard before about a woman who spoke fluent french while under hypnosis. she had never taken any classes and can't speak french when she is out of hypnosis.

#6    msadventures

msadventures

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

This is exactly the kind of input i was hoping for. These are very probable explanations. Perhaps i am just talking backwards....or even some kind of 'dream' language. Thank you so much! You guys have got my brain really humming now. I will definitely be investing in a cheap little tape recorder soon.

Don't invest too cheaply. Unless it's a motorless digital recorder, you're likely to only record the sound of the motor running.

#7    LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

Guess what? I'm gonna do the same thing tonight.  thumbsup.gif

I got my PDA set on record (voice memo) and got it hooked up to an adapter to keep the power on.

A couple stories:

One time I was half-awake, half-asleep and I spoke clearly out loud! I spoke so loud I woke myself up and noticed I had actually said something, lol. What it was? I don't know. My mom was like - "who are you talking to!?" - it pretty much freaked both of us out.

While at a friend's house, we played games (Diablo II online) all night until I told him I was too tired to play any longer. I went to bed on his couch, but it was uncomfortable, lol. Anyway, I had weird dreams that I was still playing the games with my friend! I actually remembered saying "Hey, you wanna trade my item for your item?". My friend turned around from his computer chair and saw me waking up on the couch, then he said - "Dude, what were you saying?" - it was so hilarious because my mind was still in the game.

Edited by LiQuiD_FuSioN, 06 March 2007 - 05:08 AM.

#8    BUMHAWK

BUMHAWK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:41 PM

Don't invest too cheaply. Unless it's a motorless digital recorder, you're likely to only record the sound of the motor running.

Also, maybe it's your snoring...You'll be surprised how sometimes loud snoring can be mistaken for talking voices...When their snores talk back though, you might wonder if it is the "aliens" channeling in on you...

#9    LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:54 AM

(No offense to the OP, don't mean to hijack this thread!)

Well, I just recorded myself. Here's what I found out:

I heard some really low humming noises, but I figured out it was just cars passing by at night.

Also, I found out that I snored for the shortest amount of time! Only like 5 snores and I stopped, that's it.

I muttered one word = Ugh! Well, that's not a word.

Oh well, I guess I'll try another time.  wink2.gif

#10    Devin Dyspepsia

Devin Dyspepsia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

I used to talk in my sleep, but I was told it was nothing that sounded like a known language. Maybe you're just saying random sounds and noises very clearly? That or abduction...?

Posted Image

#11    monkeygobyebye

monkeygobyebye

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

Guess what? I'm gonna do the same thing tonight.  thumbsup.gif

I got my PDA set on record (voice memo) and got it hooked up to an adapter to keep the power on.

A couple stories:

One time I was half-awake, half-asleep and I spoke clearly out loud! I spoke so loud I woke myself up and noticed I had actually said something, lol. What it was? I don't know. My mom was like - "who are you talking to!?" - it pretty much freaked both of us out.

While at a friend's house, we played games (Diablo II online) all night until I told him I was too tired to play any longer. I went to bed on his couch, but it was uncomfortable, lol. Anyway, I had weird dreams that I was still playing the games with my friend! I actually remembered saying "Hey, you wanna trade my item for your item?". My friend turned around from his computer chair and saw me waking up on the couch, then he said - "Dude, what were you saying?" - it was so hilarious because my mind was still in the game.

I should have mentioned this, but my wife has told me that it's actually  been a while since i've talked in that weird sleep language. As for talking in my sleep in general, i could give you countless stories. I started walking and talking in my sleep when i was about 12 or 13. I'm 31 now. THe first time it happened i literally got up one evening, sat down next to my mother on the sofa, and struck up a conversation with her in my sleep. She said that i went on and on about my sister "having the skulls." To this day i have no idea what that could mean. I can tell you this, my sister is now a drug addict and is currently M.I.A. We haven't seen her in about 2 years.
As for video games, i tend to have very vivid dreams about any game that i might be playing at the time; case in point....."SIREN"....i actually stopped playing this game for that reason. It was giving me nightmares. If you really want to get spooked i highly recommend it. Be warned, it's not for the faint of heart.

#12    monkeygobyebye

monkeygobyebye

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

I do this while awake.

I'm curious about this 50 word language of yours; would you mind translating maybe 2 or 3 words for me?

#13    Darkflame

Darkflame

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 173 posts

• If we're gonna fail, at least let's make this epic!!!

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

my brother say that when i'm sleeping sometimes i open my eyes, sit on the bed, talk in a language that he don't understand(a very quickly one...), then i   close my eyes and go to sleep again. The thing is that i don't remember anything at all.

Never tried the recorder,maybe i will?
I'm curious about my super language...lol happy.gif

Posted Image

One Soul can change the shape of the world, many Souls can create a new World.

#14    Ori

Ori

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

Hey, Thats quite a coincidence because a few days ago, i was sleeping at a friends place with three girls in the room, i woke up when one of the girls got up to probably use the toilet about 8 in the morning then fell back to sleep.s6trange dream which i cant talk about however i was commanding somthing to leave repeating an enlish word in my dream however.Not knowing i had woken the two girls in the room who where scared and trying to figure out what i was saying.When i woke up they told me i was speaking some strange language and where convinced that it was a language.They said it sounded Devilish or demonic, and that my voice changed !!!!!!Thats deep,Thats how i stubled on your message trying to research anything like that.i wonder what that could be however i feel that you must remember what you were saying, the emosion you where saying it, and who you where talking to.There you would fing the clue.

Ok i looked for a forum that might correspond with this subject and found nothing, so here i go.
I've been married for almost a year now and my wife told me something a couple of months ago that really struck me as interesting. She said that sometimes i talk in my sleep (in what sounds like) another language.
Now the reason that i was so perplexed by this is because i have had three other women.....(x-girlfriends) tell me the same thing.
When talking about it their descriptions have all been the same. Not slurring....not gibberish....I'm speaking as clearly as i would through out the day; only difference is it sounds like what has been described as "alien talk"......they have all said that i will say something very rapidly, and then repeat exactly what i just said. So you see, it's systematic....my wife has said that it sounds like several patterns of words i say over and over.
Let me first squash any speculation and say that i do NOT  actually believe that I am speaking in tongues or being channeled by some alien "mother ship".....For that matter i don't believe I'm actually speaking in another language, nor does my wife. But i have gone to several web-sites pertaining to sleep disorders and have found nothing that offers information or gives a description of this for people who talk in their sleep.
So i was wondering, has anyone else out there ever done this, 'that you are aware of'
Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

#15    Lord Storm

Lord Storm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

• Why are you here?

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

I occassionaly spoke in Spanish in my sleep.  Very handy as I had a Columbian girlfriend at the time who confimed this.  I couldn't speak Spanish to save my life in the awake world and I only studied German at school.  Isn't the human mind amazing grin2.gif

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users