Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

sleep talking....in a different language

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    Jopaan

Jopaan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• “We are not the great Viardans that we used to be. We are nothing now. Nothing.” -Zeon

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:54 AM

My friend said that I Speak Viardan in my sleep. And I can make this clicking noise with my throat that sounds like the Predator. He says I do that as well.

#17    shaunalynn

shaunalynn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:03 AM

my roommate told me i growled in my sleep once....

i talk in my sleep... my whole family does.... i don't know what i say... my roommate though asks
me what i was dreaming about and unfortunately i can never remember

#18    Please Explain

Please Explain

• Closed
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

Ohhh...you're only scared to say something in your dreams.
Your dream can't determine who among the 4 girls you're with.

#19    VellySleeps

VellySleeps

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• ^.^

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

I just experienced the same thing. Sorry, I don't have much input on it but I am so glad to see that I am not the only one that goes through this. My mother came in my room and said she called my name and I said one phrase in french and I repeated twice more. Then I remember waking up to her looking at me all scared and frightened which scared me of course. Now I know I'm not a weirdo!

#20    mystery dude

mystery dude

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• I Fell Down The Mountain, Cause I Jumped Off The Cliff..........

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:50 AM

One time me and one of my freinds were camping and he started talking in his sleep. At first I thought he woke up but I couldnt hear what he was saying then I called his name.....and he said "cheese"....And I said "Oi Sky why'd you throw my cheese in the woods".....And he replied " No I want my cheese".........Then I got up and poked him and he was asleep so we were "Talking" for a few hours t'ill I fell asleep............

#21    stealth_alert

stealth_alert

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:55 AM

When I was younger and lived with my parents, my mother said I'd talk in my sleep in a foreign language.  My boyfriend (now my husband) loaned me a voice recorder so I could record myself whilst sleeping.  I don't think I've got that tape any longer but I do remember what I heard on the recorder.  I'll spell it phonetically because I've no idea what I was saying.

I began moving around (turning over?) in my sleep and began making vocal noises.  I said, "Dwa.  Dwaah tadultra."

I've no idea what that's supposed to mean.  If anyone understands that language, please let me know!  LOL.

Edited by stealth_alert, 02 April 2007 - 08:09 AM.

#22    MusicIsLife

MusicIsLife

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

My friend said that I Speak Viardan in my sleep. And I can make this clicking noise with my throat that sounds like the Predator. He says I do that as well.

what is viardan?  I have never heard of it b4.

#23    branflakes

branflakes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• "Keep your mind wide open."

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

i don't know if you'r speaking in a different language or not, but i have a friend who sleep talks and walks. usually he's just babbling in an inaudible way, just making noise and moving his mouth. other times he's actually saying words like "Make it blue" or "i'm looking for my lugnuts" or "i don't like tennessee, but i like singing it" lol  laugh.gif  . he says really random things in his sleep.

Edited by branflakes, 13 April 2007 - 09:10 PM.

#24    StoneAgeQueen

StoneAgeQueen

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

My ex boyfriend used to tell me I talked in something like Latin when I was asleep..

#25    JeSii

JeSii

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

Woaah.
xD
this is weird speaking in another language.

I talk when i sleep because my mum tould me
but i dont speak in another language
i just say random stuff then quickly fall asleep.
but i have no memory of saying these things.

I
Heart
Thy
Nature

#26    kbb

kbb

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

Ok i looked for a forum that might correspond with this subject and found nothing, so here i go.
I've been married for almost a year now and my wife told me something a couple of months ago that really struck me as interesting. She said that sometimes i talk in my sleep (in what sounds like) another language.
Now the reason that i was so perplexed by this is because i have had three other women.....(x-girlfriends) tell me the same thing.
When talking about it their descriptions have all been the same. Not slurring....not gibberish....I'm speaking as clearly as i would through out the day; only difference is it sounds like what has been described as "alien talk"......they have all said that i will say something very rapidly, and then repeat exactly what i just said. So you see, it's systematic....my wife has said that it sounds like several patterns of words i say over and over.
Let me first squash any speculation and say that i do NOT  actually believe that I am speaking in tongues or being channeled by some alien "mother ship".....For that matter i don't believe I'm actually speaking in another language, nor does my wife. But i have gone to several web-sites pertaining to sleep disorders and have found nothing that offers information or gives a description of this for people who talk in their sleep.
So i was wondering, has anyone else out there ever done this, 'that you are aware of'
Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated.

#27    whitjax

whitjax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hello!
I did a search on sleep talking in tongues because my husband does it all the time.  First I thought it was Hebrew, as he lived in Israel for awhile.  But now I think it's some kind of "alien" language.
Last night (and the kids saw and heard it too) he was talking like that again and he talks really fast sounding like one syllable words, but this time he had a hand signal-he had his arm out (like commanding or blessing someone like a priest does) and his hand did this rolling thing where he had his hand outstretched, was talking these words and first his 5th finger (baby) then the 4th then the 3rd curled dowm to his palm-very simultaneously I might add until his pointer finger was out like he was pointing at someone or something.  He did the about 4-5 times-exactly the same each time.
The kids and I just looked at each other (I have told hubby about the language thing and he has never believed me) and nobody siad anything.
When he woke up I told him and showed him what he was doing, and he said NO WAY!. The kids said yes Dad you did do that!
I'm kind of freaked out now and wondering what it could be.
Any ideas anyone?  Is he commanding people on a different planet while he is asleep? That the first thing that came to my mind.
I think I may get a tape recorder so he can hear it himself.

#28    Rosenrot

Rosenrot

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• "The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
    — Aldo Leopold

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:39 AM

Here's my interesting sleep-talking story.  I currently know two languages: Spanish and English.  I am working on learning German and Japanese (very hard).  But most of the music I listen to is foreign, either Spanish, German, Russian, or Japanese.  Here's the weird part.  My best friend woke me up ne night and told me I was singing "andori ga taki bokura" --a Japanese song--almost exactly as the artist says the words.  I thought it was really cool, until she told me that my pitch was horrible.   disgust.gif   Then I hit her head and went back to sleep.

But for the OP, could it be a language that you listen to/have heard in a song/artist that you are repeating at night? I'm fairly certain that's what happened to me.

Posted Image

"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious." --Oscar Wilde

And because I can't help but still have a fanciful side, my dragons

#29    purple blood

purple blood

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

i often talk in a strange unknown language in my sleep, sometimes i shout really random things in the night. Like i had a sleepover a couple of years ago and woke up to find my freind staring at me,looking a bit frightened. I asked him what was up and he told me i was shouting "snowflake" at him for about 10 minutes. Each time this happens i never remember anything about it.

#30    HowdyDoo

HowdyDoo

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

• "Mom, what is a human bean?"

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

i often talk in a strange unknown language in my sleep, sometimes i shout really random things in the night. Like i had a sleepover a couple of years ago and woke up to find my freind staring at me,looking a bit frightened. I asked him what was up and he told me i was shouting "snowflake" at him for about 10 minutes. Each time this happens i never remember anything about it.

SNOWFLAKE!  Tag, you're it.

"Don't take life too seriously...it isn't permanent."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users