Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Um, What is going on?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    PlasmaFighter

PlasmaFighter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:52 PM

Okay, frogs dieing out , thousands of bees and fish mysteriously dieing, tasmainian devils getting tumors, icecaps melting and polar bears and penguins dieing.....
What the FRICK is going on?
Global warming is a load of %$&$, so it can't be that.....
Any ideas?

#2    EmpressStarXVII

EmpressStarXVII

Government Agent

• 3,705 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:55 PM

The wrath.

Posted Image

#3    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

Global warming is a load of %$&$,

The world is heating up, it's an absolute fact.

The only aspect being disputed, is whether humans are the cause or not.

Edited by Raptor X7, 06 March 2007 - 12:03 AM.

#4    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 29,780 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:59 PM

Okay, frogs dieing out , thousands of bees and fish mysteriously dieing, tasmainian devils getting tumors, icecaps melting and polar bears and penguins dieing.....
What the FRICK is going on?
Global warming is a load of %$&$, so it can't be that.....
Any ideas?

Yes, the icecaps melting might be a bit of a clue... GLOBAL WARMING.

Global warming is a fact. Whether it is man made or not is another matter, that is what is in debate.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#5    Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower

Alien Abducter

• 4,480 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

Some people don't even believe it is really happening let alone whether we are causing it or not.

Personally, I do believe the world is heating up, until the vast majority believes it though, it will never get better sad.gif

One crowded hour of glorious life, is worth an age without a name
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt

The only time you fail is when you haven't tried in the first place!

#6    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

Personally, I do believe the world is heating up, until the vast majority believes it though, it will never get better sad.gif

Even if the majority did believe it, with the general attitude among people today the only thing on most peoples minds would be convenience, and how they can make profit.

#7    Vice

Vice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

Even if the majority did believe it, with the general attitude among people today the only thing on most peoples minds would be convenience, and how they can make profit.

I am doing it..............Hahahahaha
With my powers.
*jumps out window*

#8    Wolf MacCanine

Wolf MacCanine

The Lunatic Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• My "Inner Puppy" made me do it.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:01 AM

Or how much of an inconvenience it would be to change their ways.

Too many would not want to give up their "creature comforts" for the sake of helping a greater cause,figuring that everyone else should do so and not themselves.

"Reality bites and so do I...so deal with it!"

"Geez...one dyslexic human spells your name wrong and you have to deal with it for eons.It's supposed to be DOG,ya doofus!!"

#9    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

You forgot about the missing honey bees. And the instability in the world a la wars. And emerging virus....chemical warfare....nukes......oh it's a pretty world we have...huh?

You do realize most of us will be dead in 5 or so years...right?

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 06 March 2007 - 01:05 AM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#10    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

Or how much of an inconvenience it would be to change their ways.

Too many would not want to give up their "creature comforts" for the sake of helping a greater cause,figuring that everyone else should do so and not themselves.

Ya know.. I just read an article about how to build and make your home "eco friendly"  and you really would not be giving up all those creature comforts... just useing different materials along with building your house in such a way that would work with nature.  Inclueding ways to build your home without clear cutting the lot and useing the trees to help warm your house in the winter and shade it in the summer.. And if you build your house along the coast, it gives tips on building it in such a way that it'll collect the summer coastal breezes to help cool the place down so you won't need an AC... And then if you live in a cold winter area, how to build it to collect the sunlight so that it warms the house up so you don't have to depend on the heater all to much.

Let's see... Here we go!

Now it's just a matter of continueing to be lazy... or actually do the little things that can help your house and it's use of energy.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#11    Wolf MacCanine

Wolf MacCanine

The Lunatic Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• My "Inner Puppy" made me do it.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

Ya know.. I just read an article about how to build and make your home "eco friendly"  and you really would not be giving up all those creature comforts... just useing different materials along with building your house in such a way that would work with nature.  Inclueding ways to build your home without clear cutting the lot and useing the trees to help warm your house in the winter and shade it in the summer.. And if you build your house along the coast, it gives tips on building it in such a way that it'll collect the summer coastal breezes to help cool the place down so you won't need an AC... And then if you live in a cold winter area, how to build it to collect the sunlight so that it warms the house up so you don't have to depend on the heater all to much.

Let's see... Here we go!

Now it's just a matter of continueing to be lazy... or actually do the little things that can help your house and it's use of energy.

Oh...there's plenty of ways to help cut down on the pollution and over-consumption of resources and still manage to have comfort.The problem lies within the people who think "Oh...that's too much for me to try to do",and those who think "Oooh...that'll probably cost me a bundle to do that".Then there are those who say "I really don't have time to do anything".

But,making the home eco-friendly is only one step that people could do.Another is to plan things so that you can do more in one trip in the car,instead of wasting fuel and adding to the air pollution.This will also save some wear & tear on the vehicle,as well as save time.Also,if the weather is decent and you don't have to go pick up a lot of stuff from a place within a couple of blocks from home...try walking there & back instead of driving.

There really are a lot of things that people can do...but they all need to quit claiming a *need* to continue what they've been doing,and start changing their ways.

"Reality bites and so do I...so deal with it!"

"Geez...one dyslexic human spells your name wrong and you have to deal with it for eons.It's supposed to be DOG,ya doofus!!"

#12    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

You do realize most of us will be dead in 5 or so years...right?

get a sneaking suspicion that might not be so far off at all.  maybe sooner, maybe later, but statistics says it's a matter of when, not if... (guessing just a lil later, depending... all it takes to change the world is 1/2 second)

wrong forum I realize, so just ignore me but... imo much of it has to do with "unseen" forces interacting with physicality.  Call it waves/particles/fields, spirits/powers/principalities... radiation from the sun(s)... whatever.  These types of "unseen" forces, in a linear progression through time to an apex of a conclusion, at least for life "As We Know It".

#13    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

get a sneaking suspicion that might not be so far off at all.  maybe sooner, maybe later, but statistics says it's a matter of when, not if... (guessing just a lil later, depending... all it takes to change the world is 1/2 second)

wrong forum I realize, so just ignore me but... imo much of it has to do with "unseen" forces interacting with physicality.  Call it waves/particles/fields, spirits/powers/principalities... radiation from the sun(s)... whatever.  These types of "unseen" forces, in a linear progression through time to an apex of a conclusion, at least for life "As We Know It".

Oh why don't you play some REM while you're at it ;P

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#14    Kalien

Kalien

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

• Meh.

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:31 AM

Some people don't even believe it is really happening let alone whether we are causing it or not.

Some people also believe we never landed on the moon wink2.gif

Sadly a lot of reports say it is too late. The world as we know it will change, many species will die, but new ones will replace them... Still very very sad.

#15    REBEL

REBEL

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:56 AM

Well stated RX7.
For years all i've heard and read is that humans are to blame then later it's just global weather changes/pattern that occur every so many years, no wait it's the El Nino effect...then back to humans and so on.

Maybe it's Sitchin's planet X  huh.gif unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users