Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can we bend reality with our minds

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    SerenCat

SerenCat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

P.s I even wear glasses too...x

PS I even read glasses too...x

#17    SerenCat

SerenCat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

I think once the human being has discovered an impossible trait of theirs then the impossible will bloom.x

#18    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

this is just 0.000000003 percent of it. Before you activate the rest, make sure you prepare to accept certain things of the locked abilities. There is always the pros and cons of having it activated. unless you are well prepared for it within mind and souls. if you couldn't control your mind, it will lead to self destruction which i called insanity. Human is always curious at things they eager to know about things and when they get their answer they will extend it to what is beyond it which can cause massive brain waves and energy to do it. we are in limited and minimum power for some reasons. *yawn* History is there for some reasons. some are written and documentation for good reasons of lessons to be learn. some are just from the bits of brain cells that been stored in our brain for some other good reasons. nothing is coincidence. everything happen for reasons. i like reading stuff like this. it gives me more connections in my head. For fun usually.

#19    GodIsWearingBlack

GodIsWearingBlack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• "If my future were black, it was better surely to face it like a man than to attempt to brighten it with will-o'-the-wisps of the imagination."

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

It seems a bit odd to me, and quite selfish, for those blessed with these immense powers to waste them on messing with television schedules, rather than, say, something like ending world hunger, or creating peace.

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,552 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostThe Exodia, on 07 February 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

this is just 0.000000003 percent of it. Before you activate the rest, make sure you prepare to accept certain things of the locked abilities. There is always the pros and cons of having it activated. unless you are well prepared for it within mind and souls. if you couldn't control your mind, it will lead to self destruction which i called insanity. Human is always curious at things they eager to know about things and when they get their answer they will extend it to what is beyond it which can cause massive brain waves and energy to do it. we are in limited and minimum power for some reasons. *yawn* History is there for some reasons. some are written and documentation for good reasons of lessons to be learn. some are just from the bits of brain cells that been stored in our brain for some other good reasons. nothing is coincidence. everything happen for reasons. i like reading stuff like this. it gives me more connections in my head. For fun usually.
And this is what I call quackery.

#21    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

• It's only impossible if you never make the attempt to achieve it.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

If reality is a matter of perception then we all do it. How you "see" the world often dictates how you act in it. Now in if your thinking along the lines of PK then I'd say very, very, very rarely. I've spent years trying to do PK consistently with varying levels of success. From small objects moving to anger induced door slamming, but it's so fickle to be of little use. It's easier to change your point of view that to levitate a cup.

The greatest limitations in your life are the one's you impose upon yourself.

#22    toast

toast

President of the Galaxy

• 4,021 posts

• WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

"There is no picture- or theory-independent concept of reality. Your reality depends on the model you employ."
-Stephen Hawking-

So the answer to the OP question should be : No.

Edited by toast, 10 February 2014 - 11:52 AM.

“For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.”  - Hunter S. Thompson -
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my trousers!" - James T. Kirk -
"I think enormous harm is done by religion – not just in the name of religion, but actually by religion." - Steven Weinberg -  
"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -

#23    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

We can certainly bend our own reality or, perhaps more accurately, our perceptions of the world. Serendipity does factor into our perceptions, but we largely conceive an "idea" and then look for affirmation for reinforcement of the idea. This may be an evolutionary trait that allows us some degree of survival ... "Hey did you see that? Ah, yeah, I think so." So, we have confirmation that becomes yet an even more reinforced behavior when another agrees. This is the basis of modern research. Develop a hypothesis. But, prove it statistically. It is the latter element, statistics, that allows us to say with some degree of mathematical confidence that the hypothesis bears some consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users