Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chaos

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 03 December 2003 - 03:14 AM

No worries, I meant no offence.  dontgetit.gif I only noticed it, because I use dictionary.com all the time for my work- writing, to check spelling, correct usage, etcetera… A handy site. Its saved my neck many times, when I was about to use a wrong word in a particular location!

#32    thecatoninetails

thecatoninetails

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 02:20 PM

The nameless one, I understood every word you typed and the corralations you are making, for the rest of you out there Chaos theory is a proven fact therfore it exists. Now my dear "nameless one" let them bang their heads against the monitor

#33    mowo

mowo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:54 PM

The nameless one, I understood every word you typed and the corralations you are making, for the rest of you out there Chaos theory is a proven fact therfore it exists. Now my dear "nameless one" let them bang their heads against the monitor

dontgetit.gif Personally, I've never doubted that chaos theory exists. I just dont see what the point of it is tongue.gif

#34    kwaherutan

kwaherutan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: TheLight
So the scientists believe that entropy is increasing in the universe, thus leading to more disorder/chaos. But I always find puzzling that the birth of life seems to contradict that: it is believed that it was self-organized molecules which formed the first primitive cellular organism

Perhaps, life is a mechanism for entropy.  Organization occurs in-order to facilitate greater disorganization.  Life expends heat.  Evolved life, like ourselves, has the capacity to expend massive amounts of heat, more than making up for our degree of order.  Nukes could dissipate the world, but we may not stop at that:  20,000 years of technological growth expected this century may very well liquidate the matter of solar systems, or even galaxies.  Thus matter turns to heat just like the function of stars.  Afterall, we came from the stars in a sense.  We are indeed part of the entropy equation and the order we build around us is a mirage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users