Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Texas snake roundup rattles ecologists

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:02 PM

I know several people that have participated in the rattlesanake roundup, and it's mainly to milk them for antivenom serum.

For those of you that think rattlesnakes only attack when provoked, you are sadly mistaken. They kill numerous amounts of livestock and pets every year. They are one of the most dangerous creatures in the area. They are one of the main reasons I carry a gun when I go hiking, besides rednecks and perverts. laugh.gif

Rattlesnakes only bite if provoked. That is basically the only reason why they have venom. So if your dog is romping around the desert or prairies eating everything that moves, if they are biten by a rattlesnake then it is their own fault and not the snakes.

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#32    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:47 PM

Until you can grow up and learn to communicate without calling names we will have no future conversations and this one will end.

Because I used the word "redneck"?  Look at your own post, you used it first, and also referred to perverts in the same sentence.  What "names" did I use that you didn't use first?   You have used harsher words than me.

#33    Kalien

Kalien

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

• Meh.

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:11 PM

There is a rumor here that because of all the rattlesnake killing and abuse - they stop rattling when near, and will strike you silently. I wouldn't be suprised if that were true, I have never been bitten one. Still, killing that many snakes (and possibley skinning them alive?!?!) is uncivilised.

#34    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:00 AM

Such nastiness and blind racist name-calling in this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users