Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Return of the King

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    magic charm

magic charm

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

• never judge a book by its cover

Posted 04 December 2003 - 06:33 PM

so very happy today, booked my tickets for ROTK 17dec. if anyone from usa sees it before let me know if it is the best out of the 3 im so excited bounce.gif  bounce.gif  bounce.gif  

if today is the day what is tomorrow!!!!
Posted Image

#17    Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:23 AM

Well what I heard that because the movie is so long because of the battle scenes in the pelenor field (the movie actually goes over it's 3 hour time limit) that Peter Jackson couldn't add in the scouring of the Shire (with Saruman taking over the shire) because it would be too long. But he didn't cut Saruman out of the whole movie, only certain battle parts. Arwen isn't going to be Dernhelm, Eowyn is because interviews of Eowyn and her fighting role has already been released.
OMG, only a few more days.... this waiting is killing me  wacko.gif  

#18    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:46 PM

Couldn't Jackson cut down on the battle scenes? In the Two Towers, the battle scenes when you first saw it  were amazing, but with later viewings, I skipped them totally.

#19    Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 01:39 PM

No, I love the battle scenes! They're wicked! Especially when Legolas
is fighting. IT's soo funky  w00t.gif . I wonder how the battle scene on
the Pelenor fields is gonna be. I saw some clips and it looks like it's
going to be huge! and those mumakil rock.  w00t.gif  

#20    magic charm

magic charm

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

• never judge a book by its cover

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:26 PM

Heres something i read on skynews tonight just thought some of you would like to know.

JRR Tolkiensgreat grandson is to appear in the next instalment of the LOTR trilogy.

Royd Tolkien, 34 plays the part of a Gondorian Ranger in the new film adaptation of his famous relatives stories.

Director Peter Jackson invited him to join the cast of ROTK.

Mr Tolkien said, "I was just blown away when Peter Jackson came up with the idear of putting a Tolkien into the film and to be a Gondorian Ranger is a huge privilage".

He said he was, "incredibly proud" his great gradfathers stories had been recreated for the big screen.

if today is the day what is tomorrow!!!!
Posted Image

#21    Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:47 AM

Oops, my bad I think I was wrong about Saruman. I read in a local magazine here, that Saruman isn't going to be in ROTK in any of the scenes. So sorry for the info I gave earlier.
Awwww.... but I can't watch it on Wednesday. My mom promised to bring me to
da cinemas which is like 2 hours away and now she can't so I'm in a very down mood  crying.gif .. i wuz waiting 4 it more than christmas !  w00t.gif  

#22    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:24 PM

Peter Jackson Defends Saruman Scene Cuts
Peter Jackson has been speaking out to AICN about news that New Line had forced him to cut out Christopher Lee's Saruman scenes from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
We have decided to save the Saruman sequence for the DVD. It's a great little scene. 7 mins long. Chris is wonderful, as usual. Brad is in about 6 shots. It was a film maker decision - nothing to do with the studio.

The problem is that the sequence was originally shot for The Two Towers, as it is in the book. Since The Two Towers couldn't sustain a 7 min "wrap" after Helm's Deep, we thought it would be a good idea to save it for the beginning of the Return of the King. The trouble is, when we viewed various ROTK cuts over the last few weeks, it feels like the first scenes are wrapping last year's movie, instead of starting the new one. We felt it got ROTK off to an uncertain beginning, since Saruman plays no role in the events of ROTK (we don't have the Scouring later, as the book does), yet we dwell in Isengard for quite a long time before our new story kicks off.

We reluctantly made the decision to save this sequence for the DVD. The choice was made on the basis that most people will assume that Saruman was vanquished by the Helm's Deep events, and Ent attack. We can now crack straight into setting up the narrative tension of ROTK, which features Sauron as the villian.

Killermovies.com

That kinda sucks...  sad.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users