Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Seeing "Smoke" in front of eyes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I wish there was a section for Medical discussions, lol. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else experiences this, and I'm hoping someone might be able to diagnose what it is. When I'm outside in the sun, and I move my eyes to look in a different direction, I can see "energy" flow in the same direction I moved my eyes for a few seconds. The best I can describe it is like "black smoke". I already know that some people can see "stringy" things floating around sometimes. Something to do with the blood vessels in the eye, but it's not that because I've experienced that before as well.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#2    StoneAgeQueen

StoneAgeQueen

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

Well i have had that a few times. But it was when I was suffering from diabetic retinopathy that had to be cured by laser therapy sad.gif

#3    DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS

DaTBoYFrOMTeXaS

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

Is this every where or just in one specific location?

#4    eleazaros

eleazaros

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I wish there was a section for Medical discussions, lol. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else experiences this, and I'm hoping someone might be able to diagnose what it is. When I'm outside in the sun, and I move my eyes to look in a different direction, I can see "energy" flow in the same direction I moved my eyes for a few seconds. The best I can describe it is like "black smoke". I already know that some people can see "stringy" things floating around sometimes. Something to do with the blood vessels in the eye, but it's not that because I've experienced that before as well.

These are known as floaters, usually caused by debris within the eye.  Its very common for 20 year olds.  Ill give you a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/floaters/index.asp

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Often nothing more than an annoyance, you should still keep an eye on them as sometimes its a sign of a detached retina or other eye conditions.  

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Rise up and challenge your beliefs.

#5    Thozzman

Thozzman

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:07 PM

I always see smoke at night when I'm sitting around watching TV, or on the computer. It looks like whiffs of cigarette smoke and will pass in front of me or around me. I have no idea what causes this and would be interested in any ideas as well. Thanks original.gif

Edited by Thozzman, 17 March 2007 - 10:07 PM.

To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond.
Hypatia

#6    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

Whenever I look at a clear blue sky, I see somewhat transparent circles flying around in weird patterns. Damn floaters.

#7    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

Unfortunately UM and the internet in general are not the ideal places to find a diagnosis or seek medical advice. The best advice for you would be to see an Optician or a Doctor and discuss this with them.

With this in mind I am closing the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users