Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

hidden chambers under the great sphinx

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#16    vampiredreamer

vampiredreamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:08 AM

thanks for the link

#17    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

This story is an amazing thought! And well it does have some truthful points to it.

I am going to read more on it!

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#18    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:35 AM

They have open them already and they have found nothing, It's weird the way they made them wait a year to open this sense it was done live on TV....

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#19    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:43 AM

They never find anything interesting in chambers in the pyramids...it'll be the same for the Sphinx. Probably a sarcoughagas (sp?) or two and a few glyphs.

#20    *Quinn*

*Quinn*

Left Field

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:38 AM

They have open them already and they have found nothing, It's weird the way they made them wait a year to open this sense it was done live on TV....

I'm disappointed. I don't know much about Egyptian history, but I heard of these chambers a few months ago. I was thinking something of interest would have been found in them.

#21    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:30 AM

it was really weird they where going to open them on TV and then the egyptian government came back and said NO... A year later they let them open it up live on TV....I wonder what they removed first.....

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#22    GabbaDJ

GabbaDJ

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

G'day! I'm only new here, infact it's my first post!
Anyway i agree that there is definately some sort of large chamber under the sphinx! It's possible it contains scrolls of why the sphinx was built and when roughly, and a history of the people and culture back then!
But it may also contain scrolls of such importance that, certain "powers that be", may not want the contents to be disclosed to the whole world, there may be sensitive info about Atlantis and Alien contact that the Churches may not want released!
Anyway this is just my opinion and if what is under the Sphinx is Alien in nature, well lets just say i would be extremely excited! We can only wait and wait and wait and see what happens!

By the way, i am loving this site! Very profesionally presented!

#23    rezna

rezna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. And that's a place to start. That's where the hope is.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

I thought the idea that there was something under the sphinx was already proven wrong by Zahi.

Robert Schoch has his own ideas: http://www.robertschoch.net/Ancient%20Wisdom%20Sphinx.htm

"The seismic analysis Dr. Thomas Dobecki and I performed around the Sphinx in 1991 revealed what might be a chamber or room carved into the limestone under the left paw of the Sphinx, hailed by some as “The Hall of Records” of the lost continent of Atlantis.  To the best of my knowledge, this cavity has never been probed or explored, so we dont know what it might contain, if anything.  But my sense of importance and profundity is not linked to finding some secret store of knowledge, stash of treasure, or ancient technological marvel.  To simply be in the presence of the Great Sphinx, or even to ponder the statue and all its possible implications from afar, can be a moving experience."

But in addition to all of this, it's obvious that Zahi will denounce any claims of a secret chamber below the sphinx because he wants the credit for it.  That means he will not ever let us know what's under there unless he can take the full credit for it.  I doubt there's anything under there.  They didn't find much anyway when they went the last time.  But that could just be him covering it all up.  Something weird goes on with those people, it's very beaureucratic in Egypt, especially with the antiquities.  If they found that Egypt wasn't the first civilization, I think they'd be pissed off.  They won't let anyone know.

Here's a great post I found on another board like this one:

(There was a lot of discussion actually defending Zahi Hawass, and here is Cleasterwood's reply to that)
"Never once have I said the pyramids were built by aliens because I don't even believe that. Hawass does care because he specifically denies anyone else could have built them. IT would undermine his life's work, so yes he does care. Were you there? Did you see who built them? For that matter did Hawass watch them being built? NO, so you may think you know, but you're only going by what Hawass and others tell you to be true.
My thoughts are this. If Troy was at one time considered fictional myth and was later discovered to have existed, so then could Atlantis. Explain away all the cultural myths of a sunken civilization, even the ones of Egyptian mythology. Even the ancient Egyptians believed that their gods came from a homeland that sank beneath the waves, so again, the pyramids could have come from a previous civilization. I say this because if you look at the pyramids of the Giza Plateau and the predecessors you can clearly see the superiority of the Plateau and surprisingly enough, the pyramids at Giza were the last ones ever built. To me, they could have been the first ones built and the later pharaohs tried to reproduce them without success so they gave up altogether.
He does no more than he's willing to tell because he wants to sensationalize the find, just as he's done with all the previous discoveries. He's plastered it all over tv just to get ratings and more tourism to his country. I don't trust him as far as I can pick him up and throw him." - from http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/cleasterwood

One of the best descriptions of this whole problem I've ever seen.  Thanks, Cleasterwood

Please don't pester this quote, just read it and give it a thought.  =)

Edited by rezna, 20 March 2007 - 08:07 PM.

Posted Image

#24    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

This previously unknown and unopened chamber is located in the lower part of the Great Pyramid.  Located at the end of the Dead End Passage approximately fifty two feet from the entrance of this passage south of the Subterranean Chamber.
it is said to contain the HALL OF RECORDS?

This is what has been found:  (from the site Chrystallinks.com)

Hall Of Records
What is the Hall of Records so many people seek?

The Hall of Records is in frequency, if it exists at all, being nothing more than an awakening tool for humanity. It is the place of truth, where one goes to find the answers about the nature of reality and their role in it, within and without. No one will find a physical Hall of Records. The truth exists within our souls, our DNA, and the initial 8 cells found at the base of our spine, that never change, but wait to activate when the time is right. It guides the quests we take, to unravel that which was hidden at the beginning of this program of time, that we sense will soon be discovered. Reality has become about discovery and recovery on all levels of awareness as we evolve in the alchemy of time and consciousness.

12 around 1 geometry.
The Hall of Records goes by many names - the Akashic Record, Book of Life, Story of Humanity, matrix, grids, other. It is the point of origin, the place we find the answers. This knowledge explains the nature of our physical program which is a biogenetic experiment in which souls are all encoded with sacred keys of light to find their way out.

We trigger our personal Hall of Records, through archetypes, our genetic encoding, when our frequency is high enough, and we are ready. As the program is created by science and math the usual starting point is the numeric code 11:11.

According to Edgar Cayce, the opening to the Halls of Records, which hold the history of the Earth, will be found in the right shoulder of the Sphinx.

If you bisect the golden mean rectangle that fits around the spiral at the Giza plateau, it passes exactly through the headdress of the Sphinx. Also, extended from the southern face of the middle pyramid and the line that bisects the golden mean rectangle, forms a cross that marks a very specific spot on the right shoulder of the Sphinx. Sacred Geometry

According to Drunvalo Melchizedek

One of the problems with the Sphinx is that the right shoulder, the area marked by the cross, keeps cracking. The Egyptians have been trying to patch it to keep it together. The head is also falling off. Thoth told me that the head will fall off and that, in the neck, there will be found a large golden sphere, which is a time capsule. The Egyptians are doing everything they can to keep the head and right shoulder from falling off. Thoth also told him that everything was set up at a higher level so that the Halls of Records would be discovered before the end of 1999.
Thoth said 148 sets of three people would try to enter the Halls of Records, until one of these sets, coming from the West, would open the doorway by making a sound with their voice. Inside there would be a spiral staircase going into an underground room. The Japanese have the technical ability to see this room clearly enough with instruments to detect a clay pot in the corner.

There are three channels that go out from this room. If you know how to read it, the clay pot will tell you where to go and what to do. Thoth said that the three people from the West would enter and go down the right channel. If you go down the wrong channel, or if you are not the right group of people, you will die- a real "Indiana Jones"- type scene. If you are one of the chosen three people you can walk right in without any problem.

These three people eventually will come down a long stone hallway lit on its own with no lights; that is, the air itself would be luminous. High up on the left side of the wall would be etched forty-eight sacred geometry drawings. These are the illustrations of the chromosomes of Christ-consciousness-- The first one being the 'flower of life'.

At the end of the hallway there is a slight right hand turn into a large room. Sitting on the raised shelves of this room is physical evidence of the existence of civilization on this planet for the last five and a half million years.

At the front of the room is a stone. At the top of the stone these three people would find something like a photograph, an image of themselves. Beneath the images in the photograph they would find their names- not necessarily the names they were given at birth, but their true names. Underneath the names would be a date, which would be that actual day. Thoth said that each of these three people will be allowed to remove one of these objects and take it out.

It is me!

#25    rezna

rezna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

• Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. And that's a place to start. That's where the hope is.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Drunvalo wrote the Flower of Life books.  All the information in those books is a one assumption leading to another assumption, to another, and another.  I've read them, I can say that I don't believe it.  I own these books, in fact.  All of this theories are based off of conversations with Thoth.  I love the god Thoth, one of my favorites.  But cmon.  He talks to Thoth?  Gah.  These peopole that try to pass off their theories after talking to aliens or gods or whatever.  It's a bunch of crap.  A total waste of time and bunch of crap.

Posted Image

#26    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

They never find anything interesting in chambers in the pyramids...it'll be the same for the Sphinx. Probably a sarcoughagas (sp?) or two and a few glyphs.

Well... that depends on your definition of "interesting".  The last chamber they opened (KV63) contained mostly empty coffins-- but when they looked at the contents of the last coffin more closely they realized it was filled with flower necklaces, with some of the flowers not turned to dust even after thousands of years.  How amazing to look at intact remains of something so ephemeral and so ancient!

My nerdy amateur-archeologist's mind goes wild with excitement over the possibility of discovering a 3rd millenium bc copy of Gilgamesh.  Or maybe some description of the eruption of Thera and destruction of the Minoan civilization.  I guess that if the site was water damaged, all that stuff is long gone.

#27    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,418 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:37 AM

I'd think they'd find other doors... entrances to ancient subteranean civilizations...

http://www.holloworbs.com/Pyramids.htm

On page 613 of his book Our World Vedic Heritage, Mr. Oaks presents a picture of an ancient, Egyptian statue of a man dressed in robes and practically covered with Vishnu tilak and sandal paste, the kind which the Shree Vaishnava sect uses in South India. The caption identifies the man as a designer of the pyramids and a Dravidian. The picture was originally produced in the book Egyptian Myth and Legend, on page 368, as well as in the book: Long Missing Links. On the next page P.N. Oaks produces another picture from the book Long Missing links, that of a pharaoh of Memphis. The pharaoh is also using tilak just like the Shree Vaishnavas.

Miles and miles of tunnels and chambers exist underneath the pyramids in Egypt, so deep that they still have not been fully explored. Where do they go? In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, there are numerous references to opulent, subterranean worlds, accessed through these tunnels, and the tunnels under Tibet are deemed to lead directly to Shambala and Shangri La, two Vedic cities in the hollow Earth.

Bhaktivedanta Swami, Prabhupada, stated in the purport to Canto 4, Chapter 22, Text 54, that "The Vedic literature, however, repeatedly informs us that the Moon is full of highly elevated inhabitants who are counted amongst the demigods."

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/med/eg-vonk.htm

http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/List...entTemples.html

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/med/eg-vonk.htm
The idea that the pyramids have been surrounded and exposed to seawater has not been given much thought because it would involve considering the pyramids to be much older than 5,000 years. G. de Purucker says the following about the age of the Great Pyramid:

the Great Pyramid was built at least seventy-five thousand years ago, and I am of opinion it was twice that long time, 150 thousand years ago. But I believe H.P.B. has stated somewhere that the Theosophical scientist who knows what he is doing could prove at least three full circlings of the precessional cycle, each one nearly 26,000 years long. -- Studies in Occult Philosophy, p. 135

In a manuscript preserved in the Bodleian Library and translated by Dr. Sprenger, Abu Zeyd el Balkhy quotes an ancient inscription which mentions that the Great Pyramid was built at a time when the Lyre was in the sign of Cancer, and this has been interpreted by some as referring to a time 73,000 years ago. Unspecified Arabic accounts also shed light on the function of the pyramids:

http://www.livinginthelightms.com/in_searc...shambhala2.html

Afghanistan

According to British explorer T. Wilkins, the Mongolian tribes of Inner Mongolia believe that there are entrances to a great tunnel system that leads to a subterranean world of Antediluvian descent somewhere in a recess of Afghanistan , Hindu s an entrance to the tunnels in New
Manhattan, New York

An entrance to the inner earth tunnels is thought to be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft in Manhattan, New York.  Only a few know where the exact location is and I am not one of them.

Canada

Another entrance is found in the Nahanni Valley but many of those that have dared to enter this area have been found decapitated, thus giving the region its name ‘The Valley of the Headless Men’. The Nahanni Valley in Canada is the  land of the Ojibways, the Slave, Dogribs, Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans. It covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada and lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year-round. This land of perpetual mist is viewed by the Indians  as ’taboo’ and avoided.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta09.htm

http://www.earth-keeper.com/tiahuanacoarticle.shtml

Edited by crystal sage, 21 March 2007 - 12:54 AM.

#28    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,471 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

But in addition to all of this, it's obvious that Zahi will denounce any claims of a secret chamber below the sphinx because he wants the credit for it.

In fact, Hawass has authorized several digs to uncover the anomalous readings obtained by Schoch (and others) via seismic surveys taken in the area.  As an earlier poster said, nothing was found.  That's not exactly strange, it can be extremely difficult to interpret seismic data.  Especially in old limestone, which is quite often full of naturally formed cavities, washed out by eons of weathering (most caves occur in limestone.)

In the case of the anomaly spotted by Schoch's team, there was no chamber found at all, just some fissures in the stone.

Everyone should remember here that the Sphinx was carved into the existing limestone bedrock.  Any chamber "under" it would have to be carved out of solid stone. Not that such a thing would be that hard to do, just that we should remember that the Sphinx wasn't built, it was carved.

That means he will not ever let us know what's under there unless he can take the full credit for it.  I doubt there's anything under there.  They didn't find much anyway when they went the last time.  But that could just be him covering it all up.  Something weird goes on with those people, it's very beaureucratic in Egypt, especially with the antiquities.  If they found that Egypt wasn't the first civilization, I think they'd be pissed off.  They won't let anyone know.

There have been all kinds of artifacts found in Egypt that date back to periods prior to the Egyptian Civilization. Even further back than Homo Sapiens. Hawass has no problem with these.  Why should he?

Artifactual evidence predating Egypt indicates a nomadic and undeveloped culture existed there.  If you wanted to call it a civilization you could, though it just doesn't fit with what the professionals mean when they use the word.

Here's a great post I found on another board like this one:

(There was a lot of discussion actually defending Zahi Hawass, and here is Cleasterwood's reply to that)
"Never once have I said the pyramids were built by aliens because I don't even believe that. Hawass does care because he specifically denies anyone else could have built them. IT would undermine his life's work, so yes he does care. Were you there? Did you see who built them? For that matter did Hawass watch them being built? NO, so you may think you know, but you're only going by what Hawass and others tell you to be true.
My thoughts are this. If Troy was at one time considered fictional myth and was later discovered to have existed, so then could Atlantis. Explain away all the cultural myths of a sunken civilization, even the ones of Egyptian mythology. Even the ancient Egyptians believed that their gods came from a homeland that sank beneath the waves, so again, the pyramids could have come from a previous civilization. I say this because if you look at the pyramids of the Giza Plateau and the predecessors you can clearly see the superiority of the Plateau and surprisingly enough, the pyramids at Giza were the last ones ever built. To me, they could have been the first ones built and the later pharaohs tried to reproduce them without success so they gave up altogether.
He does no more than he's willing to tell because he wants to sensationalize the find, just as he's done with all the previous discoveries. He's plastered it all over tv just to get ratings and more tourism to his country. I don't trust him as far as I can pick him up and throw him." - from http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/cleasterwood

One of the best descriptions of this whole problem I've ever seen.  Thanks, Cleasterwood

Please don't pester this quote, just read it and give it a thought.  =)

Per your request, I won't pester it.  I would, however, like to let everyone know that Cleasterwood is wrong about Egyptian mythology above, wrong about the Giza pyramids being the last, and that Cleasterwood has many ignorant ideas about the ancient past which I have attempted to rectify for him on that very same message board.  I would suggest that anyone lending any credence to what Cleasterwood says here should go to that thread and look at some of the responses this post generated.

By the above (Cleasterwood) logic, we could also assume that airliners are built by orangutans, since we (most of us) weren't there to "watch them being built."

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#29    f3liC

f3liC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Was the live TV program about where they sent a robot up a tunnel and saw a panel/door blocking their path (perhaps with hinges?) and left it to be continue?

#30    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,418 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

Was the live TV program about where they sent a robot up a tunnel and saw a panel/door blocking their path (perhaps with hinges?) and left it to be continue?

yes I saw that episode!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users