Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot head-shot photo with kid and red eyes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#16    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,626 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:06 AM

It's an interesting photograph, but as with most photographs of 'bigfeet', there are some major problems that cannot be ignored.

First and foremost, is that if someone else took the picture, then you have no guarantee that that person didn't fabricate it. Most of the story here relies upon the reliability of the witness. There's also the very real possibility, that the 'bigfoot' in the picture isn't a bigfoot at all, and is simply part of a tree or something similarly mundane.

I have to say that I agree with what most people are saying in that it's not a particularly convincing photograph in any case. There's a vague outline of something, and an object that looks like the sun is hitting it, but no clearly discernable animal features. I don't see anything that looks like an infant on the right hand side either unfortunately.

The next day, on a hike up to the ridge, we found another single track in the pine needles, similar to the one by the pond. We also found a flat area under some pines,  where there were 6-8  conical piles of  pine-nut debris, each 3-4 feet tall.
This was far too organized and large for squirrels to do.

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that the person who took the picture hoaxed it, but it cannot be ignored that if she had done, this type of evidence would have been extremely easy to plant at the scene.

To conclude, this isn't very different for the vast body of bigfoot sightings that are reported each year. It comprises of a witness account, with an inconclusive photograph, a track, and some debris that doesn't really prove anything.

In the end, any photograph is insufficient evidence to prove the existance of bigfoot, especially when it is vague to start with. It's an interesting witness report with some possible physical evidence, but i'm afraid it isn't going to convince any mainstream scientists of the existence of these creatures.

#17    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

Here Here Saruman!! I agree wih you.

When I look at saposed crypto pics, I try to look at them with an open mind. Some are quite convincing, and some are easy to read as fakes. The rest are"I have no clue what they are." Monster-Finders pics are in the "I have no clue what they are." catagory. Thats just MY opinion anyway.

thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif to all of you with an open mind!

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#18    doink

doink

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:55 PM

In all things that I do, it is important to look inside myself and question what my motives are, and the consequences for my actions. I have to remind myself of this every day, and sometimes I forget it and it gets the better of me, like it did recently. I've always wanted to know the Sasquatch, and run around in the wild with them, like Tarzan. It might sound silly but I always thought it'd be such a great life.

Over time I have changed from wanting the Sasquatch to exist to knowing they exist. I cannot prove they do, but knowing that someone would have to kill one in order to prove they exist is not acceptable to me. I was able to get to know them through meditation, and not only has the experience left me with awe but it has changed my life for the better. I am far from perfect, but I am learning every day just how majical this world really is.

I would love to share the techniques I use for meditation with anybody who is interested. There is a great reason why some people have such a strong interest in Sasquatch, something is calling their hearts. If you are interested please leave me a private message, it will directly contact my email. I do not charge anything for helping people. I do not think I will be here on these boards because I've decided to take a break for a month or two. This place is great, but I have a lot of work to do and trying to reach peole here takes a lot of energy and time. God bless you all and I hope to hear from you.

#19    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• Jon-Erik Beckjord,BA,MBA, has run three brick-and-mortar
    CZ museums in Malibu,L.A. and SF,CA and has spent 28 years
    doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Naveed @ Nov 30 2003, 06:43 AM)
Edit: removed unnecessary quote.

That enlargement amount is good? Have you even taken any photography courses? I've taken both B&W (darkroom stuff, very fun), and color photography courses. I know for a fact from those courses it is very possible to get better enlargments then that and much better GRAIN.

At 200 x?????

" Not only are Bigfoot,Nessie,Crop Circles etc, weirder than you imagine, they are all weirder than you __can__imagine."

" I praise the great Saruman for permitting diverse views and free speech on this forum. It is a breath of fresh air to see all views expressed."

"If I don't upset at least ten people a day, (Like Bipto and Cisco) then I am failing at my job!"

" I only respect people with real names, real emails, and real addresses. I hope this will be you.   MY EMAIL : seeker@stealthaccess.net  :-) "

#20    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (LisaMHD @ Nov 30 2003, 02:29 PM)
Here Here Saruman!! I agree wih you.

When I look at saposed crypto pics, I try to look at them with an open mind. Some are quite convincing, and some are easy to read as fakes. The rest are"I have no clue what they are." Monster-Finders pics are in the "I have no clue what they are." catagory. Thats just MY opinion anyway.

thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif to all of you with an open mind!

Then come with us on our next expedition there and be Bigfoot Bait...

they come out for women. original.gif  original.gif  

" Not only are Bigfoot,Nessie,Crop Circles etc, weirder than you imagine, they are all weirder than you __can__imagine."

" I praise the great Saruman for permitting diverse views and free speech on this forum. It is a breath of fresh air to see all views expressed."

"If I don't upset at least ten people a day, (Like Bipto and Cisco) then I am failing at my job!"

" I only respect people with real names, real emails, and real addresses. I hope this will be you.   MY EMAIL : seeker@stealthaccess.net  :-) "

#21    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:47 AM

Is it enlarged by 200 x? or did you mean film speed as in 200 asa?  

#22    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Phantom @ Nov 30 2003, 08:36 AM)
Note to all: please refrain from personal attacks or this one will be closed.

Thank you for your cooperation.  thumbsup.gif

Agent Smith --

I am a moderator. I run my own forum at http://www.bigfootforums.net

the way to go is to not close a thread, but dump the bad posts, warn the poster,
and sometimes, as an extreme case, dump the poster.

I do.

You do not sink the ship to chase the rats out. You catch the rats.

With best regards,

Jon-Erik       rolleyes.gif  grin2.gif

#23    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ Nov 30 2003, 09:06 AM)
It's an interesting photograph, but as with most photographs of 'bigfeet', there are some major problems that cannot be ignored.

First and foremost, is that if someone else took the picture, then you have no guarantee that that person didn't fabricate it. Most of the story here relies upon the reliability of the witness. There's also the very real possibility, that the 'bigfoot' in the picture isn't a bigfoot at all, and is simply part of a tree or something similarly mundane.

I have to say that I agree with what most people are saying in that it's not a particularly convincing photograph in any case. There's a vague outline of something, and an object that looks like the sun is hitting it, but no clearly discernable animal features. I don't see anything that looks like an infant on the right hand side either unfortunately.

The next day, on a hike up to the ridge, we found another single track in the pine needles, similar to the one by the pond. We also found a flat area under some pines,  where there were 6-8  conical piles of  pine-nut debris, each 3-4 feet tall.
This was far too organized and large for squirrels to do.

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that the person who took the picture hoaxed it, but it cannot be ignored that if she had done, this type of evidence would have been extremely easy to plant at the scene.

To conclude, this isn't very different for the vast body of bigfoot sightings that are reported each year. It comprises of a witness account, with an inconclusive photograph, a track, and some debris that doesn't really prove anything.

In the end, any photograph is insufficient evidence to prove the existance of bigfoot, especially when it is vague to start with. It's an interesting witness report with some possible physical evidence, but i'm afraid it isn't going to convince any mainstream scientists of the existence of these creatures.

O GREAT SARUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read the website, which goes into all the issues you raised.

We went there, we tested, we did comparison photos, and

WE GOT MORE PHOTOS....... YEAR AFTER YEAR.

HTTP://WWW.beckjord.com/bigfoottribephotos

see pix. ONE SAMPLE OF 17.

Attached Files

#24    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Monster-Finder @ Dec 1 2003, 07:50 AM)
the way to go is to not close a thread, but dump the bad posts, warn the poster,

I appreciate your moderating lesson, Jon-Erik. However, this forum is not your forum and it will be run as the administrator and his moderating team sees fit.

Thank you for your guidelines, though.  thumbsup.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#25    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,626 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 December 2003 - 09:57 AM

Really the only issue I raised above is that there is a very real possibility that what your photograph(s) show is not evidence of bigfoot or aliens. I personally do not think they've been deliberately faked, but I do think that your interpretation of them is somewhat questionnable.

Near the bottom of your page you wrote:

These are the real deal. No models, no artwork. Not  photos of models, not photos of drawings. Actual "EBE"s (visiting) or maybe unknown animals.

There is still that third possibility that you haven't mentioned there, or anywhere else on your site - that the pictures, although not deliberately fake, simply do not show bigfoot, aliens or anything else mysterious. A good idea would be to provide a paragraph or two on there discussing both that possibility, and your own reasons behind interpreting them in the way that you do.

I for one would be very interested to hear exactly what it is about these pictures that leads you to conclude that the vague shapes and outlines you've highlighted are more than just random patterns in the trees and foliage.

#26    LisaMHD

LisaMHD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

• Do I smell lasagna??

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Monster-Finder @ Dec 1 2003, 12:46 AM)
they come out for women. original.gif  original.gif

Sorry dear Jon-Erik, but Ill pass, thank you.

Besides, Im nobodys guine pig, or bait, and I NEVER go in the woods while durring mensus(on period). I have NO intention of attracting "bigfoot" OR any other creature that may be lurking around.

If you need bait so badly, take a trash bag of tampons and pads to the woods. Leave it at the opening of your tent and see what youll find in the morning. Ten to one, it wont be bigfoot.

If you cant handle that I agree with Saruman, then its just YOUR tuff luck. Im intitled to my own opinions.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but this Beckjord guy irks me.

I will forever believe that anythings possible, no matter how crazy or unexplainable.

#27    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ Dec 1 2003, 08:57 AM)

Really the only issue I raised above is that there is a very real possibility that what your photograph(s) show is not evidence of bigfoot or aliens. I personally do not think they've been deliberately faked, but I do think that your interpretation of them is somewhat questionnable.

Near the bottom of your page you wrote:

These are the real deal. No models, no artwork. Not  photos of models, not photos of drawings. Actual "EBE"s (visiting) or maybe unknown animals.

There is still that third possibility that you haven't mentioned there, or anywhere else on your site - that the pictures, although not deliberately fake, simply do not show bigfoot, aliens or anything else mysterious. A good idea would be to provide a paragraph or two on there discussing both that possibility, and your own reasons behind interpreting them in the way that you do.

I for one would be very interested to hear exactly what it is about these pictures that leads you to conclude that the vague shapes and outlines you've highlighted are more than just random patterns in the trees and foliage.

I took photo intepretation courses at the USAF Academy.

First, I learned that many classmates could not see thjings that others
could easily see. I also fiond some moinds are closed to these thigs, and the brain will not "allow" the eyes to see some things.

A standard is  how do you recognize a soldier hiding  in the bushes, 200 feet away?

You look for a patter of eyes, nose, mouth and even mustache in
the bushes, maybe a helmet too..

The eyes must be over the nose, and the nose over the mouth.

Left side must match the right side. mirror image.

This applies to all the images on the WEBSITE.

About 25% of all viewers on computer have no problem.  

In person, when I was in a hospital for a week, I found 90% could see them
when I showed photos...  because I coujld MOVE the photo in or out...

Most compuer users WILL NOT STAND AND MOVE BACK OR IN ...

and many do not  adjust the pixel rate on thier monitor.

Still others reject the idea even before they turn on the computer.

But---- some scientists do see them, and that is what counts.

Besides, c'mon Saruman -- there are 17 !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, look at the EYEBALL!!!!!!!

thumbsup.gif  cat.gif  cat.gif  

Attached Files

#28    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (LisaMHD @ Dec 1 2003, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (Monster-Finder @ Dec 1 2003, 12:46 AM)
they come out for women. original.gif  original.gif

Sorry dear Jon-Erik, but Ill pass, thank you.

Besides, Im nobodys guine pig, or bait, and I NEVER go in the woods while durring mensus(on period). I have NO intention of attracting "bigfoot" OR any other creature that may be lurking around.

If you need bait so badly, take a trash bag of tampons and pads to the woods. Leave it at the opening of your tent and see what youll find in the morning. Ten to one, it wont be bigfoot.

If you cant handle that I agree with Saruman, then its just YOUR tuff luck. Im intitled to my own opinions.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but this Beckjord guy irks me.

Lisa --- cool it.

I have lots of women who want to go, and who do go.

Good luck to you in whatever you do.

Jon-Erik original.gif  original.gif

#29    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Phantom @ Dec 1 2003, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (Monster-Finder @ Dec 1 2003, 07:50 AM)

I appreciate your moderating lesson, Jon-Erik. However, this forum is not your forum and it will be run as the administrator and his moderating team sees fit.

Thank you for your guidelines, though.  thumbsup.gif

I do not order , I merely suggest.

original.gif  original.gif

#30    Monster-Finder

Monster-Finder

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

doing field work.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:24 PM

I have added more photos to this thread.

Readers are invited to view and comment.

Thanks to all.

thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users