Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Early modern humans may have interbred

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    EmpressStarXVII

EmpressStarXVII

Government Agent

• 3,705 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

Early modern humans may have interbred with other human species
By William Atkins  
Wednesday, 04 April 2007

Evidence from bone fragments in a cave near Beijing, China adds evidence that modern humans  interbred with earlier human species such as Neanderthals.      

U.S. paleoanthropologist Erik Trinkaus, from the Department of Anthropology at the Washington University, in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., and other collaborators, found an early modern human that lived about 42,000 to 39,000 years ago. It has features that show up only in Homo sapiens, modern humans, but also has other features that are characteristic of other species of now-extinct humans, such as Neanderthals (Homo neanderthalensis).

They contend that such evidence shows that modern Man interbred with other human species that they encountered in Europe and Asia as they journeyed across the Earth.

Thirty-four bone fragments were found in Tianyuan Cave, which is located near Beijing, China.

Evidence of this kind is controversial because current theory—sometimes popularized as the Out-of-Africa theory—states that modern humans evolved in East Africa and then spread over the Earth around 70,000 years ago. These humans replaced earlier species of Man, without the use, or at least with very little use, of interbreeding.

Such research into H. sapiens and other species of Man shows little or not interbreeding. However, the movement and activities of early modern humans is still not well understood by anthropologists.

Neandertals were big boned, heavy browed humans, now extinct, that lived in Europe and parts of Asia for about 200,000 years. No fossil records have been found of them as of about 28,000 years ago.

Modern humans are classified as Homo sapiens sapiens. It is the only existing subspecies of the Homo sapiens species. The other one is Homo sapiens idaltu, which is extinct.

Source

Posted Image

#2    StoneAgeQueen

StoneAgeQueen

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

maybe the missing rhesus factor of negative blood came from the Neanderthals?  unsure.gif

#3    KGS3333

KGS3333

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

This confirms what is written in the book of Genesis.

#4    airika

airika

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:08 AM

There's still groups of people that do this today in Utah, and in the Ozarks

#5    EmpressStarXVII

EmpressStarXVII

Government Agent

• 3,705 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

What was written in the book of Genesis?

Posted Image

#6    KGS3333

KGS3333

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

What was written in the book of Genesis?

That humans interbred with other human species.

#7    EmpressStarXVII

EmpressStarXVII

Government Agent

• 3,705 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

That humans interbred with other human species.

lol....well what is the verse? Just curious, not that im mocking you or anything; I just never heard of that before.

Posted Image

#8    KGS3333

KGS3333

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

lol....well what is the verse? Just curious, not that im mocking you or anything; I just never heard of that before.

Genesis 6:1-4

#9    walk

walk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• the Dude abides.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:17 PM

There's still groups of people that do this today in Utah, and in the Ozarks

i find that hard to believe, i mean this has to be one of the largest taboos.

#10    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:39 PM

i find that hard to believe, i mean this has to be one of the largest taboos.

well, unless you have lived around some of the people in question, of course you wouldn't want to believe that. BUT, it does happen, especially within the offshoot of the Church of Mormon-a lot

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#11    when.i.am.queen.

when.i.am.queen.

Think Big™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

• If she has no need for lovers
    Then what's stopping her?

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

well, unless you have lived around some of the people in question, of course you wouldn't want to believe that. BUT, it does happen, especially within the offshoot of the Church of Mormon-a lot

Really? I thought that...was rather illegal.

Posted Image

#12    graybeard

graybeard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

Gee airika, You seem to know the sex habits of a very diverse area. I live in the Ozark region, and I am not aware of the sex practices of those in your home state, other than the fact that it is often portrayed as a commodity.

Still, one from my area must wonder at the reports that for a price, ANY entertainment can be purchased in your area.

Not trying to be nasty Sweetie, but lay off the stereotypes.

#13    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,935 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Really? I thought that...was rather illegal.

It is, but it still happens.  At least in some places.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#14    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:47 AM

It took official "study" to figure this out??

The government actually once spent $400,000 on a study, all to "discover" that the AIDS rate is higher in prison than in the general population..thank you Cptn F Obvious....

I once asked an Anthropology Proffessor when humans began wearing clothing....he couldn't tell me.  Listen...start banging stones together like you're making stone tools. They tell you that the shards fly off...Do this naked...how long do you think it would take you to invent clothing while doing this little exersize....it ain't rocket science..

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#15    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:09 PM

This is no surprise. The different species of hominids, like modern H. Sapiens and H. Neanderthalensis, would have been very closely genetically related, and possibly capable of interbreeding. You have to remember that species are not some fixed definition, where something suddenly becomes a species. Rather, the difference mounts over time, which is why two different species of hominids that branched off from a common ancestor frequently can interbreed. They usually don't, but they can - at least until the amount of differences between the populations grow so large that breeding does start to fail.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users