Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

validation

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    richardnovak77

richardnovak77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 12:49 AM

i'm going to repost this since the first one vanished. i'll sum it up:

why is it so important that people who have sightings try to make the government and non-believers believe? since the government already knows but will always deny it, and non-believers will never convert until they have a sighting as well, why waste the time?

collectively, isn't there a better way we can do things? as a group can't we get someone elected who has a genuine interest or something?

why do we always try to validate our beliefs with the people who don't care?

thanks,

ren

#2    bortaf

bortaf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• Only 2 people in the whole world think i'm sain....
    me and me

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:22 AM

Why do you assume the non-beleavers don't care? could it be that they just need something more than you can provide in the way of proof.
Why do the beleivers assume that the non beleiver does not beleive because they are closed minded?`

I don't beleive in anything
Especialy me!

#3    richardnovak77

richardnovak77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:38 AM

that's exactly what i mean. you have people who say "this is what i saw" and the nonbelievers don't believe. you have pictures, and the non believers don't believe. you have dozens of people saying "a flying disk crashed over there." but still they're not believed. these people who require proof need to see it for themselves and then they might believe.

i don't think that it's because they're closed minded. just skepitcal.

so, why don't we spend more time trying to make the believers group strong and forget about the non believers? let them believe when the time is right. is there a national newspaper or anything? something that can make the group stronger as a whole? how about a national registry, something where people can stay in touch with any other believer?

ren

#4    Unexplainable

Unexplainable

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

• "Expect the Unexpected"

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (bortaf @ Dec 1 2003, 12:22 AM)
Why do you assume the non-beleavers don't care? could it be that they just need something more than you can provide in the way of proof.
Why do the beleivers assume that the non beleiver does not beleive because they are closed minded?`

huh? i'm confused.
anyway, the word is believer. not beleiver. tongue.gif  

#5    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:37 PM

people that have certain beliefs always want to share it with others and get them to believe also,whether it's religion,astrology,ufology,etc.That's just how it is and probably always will be. original.gif
I don't understand the point you're trying to make richardnovak77

#6    richardnovak77

richardnovak77

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

what i mean is this: i see these documentaries and reports of people who see these things, be it ufos or grays or even bigfoot or a skunk ape. some of them don't seem like they care if anyone believes them, but a lot of these people look offended and hurt because nobody believes them. i'm just wondering why. why would they expect someone to believe they were taken by aliens, and then act hurt when nobody believes? why do they look for validation in the place they're least likely to find it, then act hurt when they aren't validated?

#7    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:44 AM

The main problem with human physiology, is, we have to see something in order to believe. If they believe without seeing the object, bigfoot, aliens, whatever, then they rely on faith - faith that they exist. People are just born sceptics!

#8    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 12:46 AM

I guess maybe everyone wants validation when they see or experience something out of the norm,just to reassure themselves they aren't crazy or just to get others to "understand". original.gif  

#9    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:25 AM

richardnovack77

I agree with you and there is a site that will strengthen the group... of people that have seen UFO's or believe in them.

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates

Go there and hit the latest 100 messages...scientists,government,military,researchers,Ufologists and ordinary people are there, with lots to say. original.gif  

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#10    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:49 AM

Tess...that reminds me,I have just read something new that has happened here.It seems that a farmer has found a woman in a field unconscious...she said she didn't know how she got there.Another incident ,too,in Moorehead,Kentucky had a UFO sighting in a large field...people reportedly heard a woman screaming...begging for help.Police won't look further into it until they have a missing person report.The screams came from the very spot the UFO was said to have landed....A professor and his son from the university reported it. alien.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#11    Tess

Tess

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 04:06 AM

Babs,do you have any links so i can read about those? abduct.gif  

#12    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

Tess...

home.fuse.net/ufo/   idea.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#13    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:14 AM

another goodie...

http://www.Skywatch-research.org/ufo/Phoen...%20Sequence.htm     abduct.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:16 AM

Tess...go into the site and hit home and Mufon is on there for all the states. alien.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• I've never thought that I'd have more Captain America plashes then my two year old Nephew. :P

Posted 07 December 2003 - 02:04 AM

I don't think anyone is trying to make disbelievers believe and such- they are just trying to get their point across.  

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users