Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Living in between dimensions or realities

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#121    Ashleen

Ashleen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

Interesting topic! Especially since I've been feeling just like this lately! Like I don't know if this is it but I remember hearing so often that: the right brain is the MATH or logical side and left brain is the CREATIVE side. But now everyone everywhere is saying the opposite. So maybe the scientific reasoning has been updated since then. Sometimes i feel like we are all one, literally.
Recently I saw an addition to a picture at my grandma's house that I never noticed. Why did I notice it when I woke up that morning? It was like it caught my eye all the sudden. Maybe I never noticed it. It was always there but either I had never actually noticed it or it never existed for me or in my reality. Then my dad said he didn't really remember it either. It was like a terrace. But I used to look at the sharp edges of the building in the painting and it just the sky was so blue...and the brown terrace was never there but now it is all the sudden. I know I'm not crazy for that but the 'addition' looks 'off' would be the word. Same colors, same paints, but not the same picture. Is this a case of amnesia or what?

I can't think of any extreme cases like the other posts. Especially the people who forget you entirely. Very very strange though. I wonder if it has to do with 2012?

Ashleen

#122    bleedingelite

bleedingelite

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

So, what I really want to know is this: Can somebody give me a way to shift my reality to the one where I'm rich and successful and I didn't get busted drinking and driving last weekend? That would be spiffy. Thanks in advance!

#123    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

View Postbleedingelite, on 03 September 2009 - 09:01 PM, said:

So, what I really want to know is this: Can somebody give me a way to shift my reality to the one where I'm rich and successful and I didn't get busted drinking and driving last weekend? That would be spiffy. Thanks in advance!
No and you don't deserve to if you have been drink driving. No excuse for that.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#124    DrawingPics

DrawingPics

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

View PostMattshark, on 31 August 2009 - 02:12 PM, said:

Nothing to be afraid of, it is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certainty that they are mistaken and simply don't acknowledge it. Memory is not reliable and because less and less reliable over time and can easily be influenced by others.
Well, you are looking at it from the view of a scientist.

Edited by LaptopLover, 04 September 2009 - 04:26 PM.

#125    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

View PostLaptopLover, on 04 September 2009 - 04:21 PM, said:

I think he was joking. Don't be so serious. :)
thats nothing to joke about. I know a couple of people who've been killed in car accedents, so I don't find it funny

btw great timing on the edit :)

Edited by lookingfortruth, 04 September 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#126    DrawingPics

DrawingPics

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

View Postlookingfortruth, on 04 September 2009 - 04:25 PM, said:

thats nothing to joke about. I know a couple of people who've been killed in car accedents, so I don't find it funny

btw great timing on the edit
I always edit. I actually think after I speak. But since I can edit, it is fine.

I am very sure that few would find it funny. But I think that joking may be the intention of the poster.

#127    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

View PostLaptopLover, on 04 September 2009 - 04:21 PM, said:

Well, you are looking at it from the view of a scientist.
Pretty rational way to look at it imo.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#128    DrawingPics

DrawingPics

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

View PostMattshark, on 04 September 2009 - 05:07 PM, said:

Pretty rational way to look at it imo.
It is a rational way indeed, however, it is not a way I would choose to look at it in this situation.

But I am only speaking for myself.

Edited by LaptopLover, 04 September 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#129    lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostLaptopLover, on 04 September 2009 - 04:31 PM, said:

I always edit. I actually think after I speak. But since I can edit, it is fine.

I am very sure that few would find it funny. But I think that joking may be the intention of the poster.
Im sure it was the intent of the poster, but it was almost offending.

#130    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

any connections to biological quantum nonlocality...........

Duane-Behrendt Identical Twins Experiment

Analysis of a paper written over 3 decades ago has led me to a rather interesting conclusion, namely that biological nonlocality may have already been accidentally and unknowingly discovered, albeit in a very rudimentary manner and, in contradiction of both quantum mechanics and special relativity [3]. This paper was written around the same time as Bellís landmark paper which addressed the problem of nonlocality [4]. This question of nonlocality had first been raised by Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR), who claimed that if quantum mechanics were a complete model of reality, then nonlocal interactions between particles had to exist [5]. Since they felt that nonlocality was impossible, quantum mechanics either had to be wrong or at least incomplete. An experiment was later performed which showed that nonlocal influences do exist once these particles interact and, that one can test the explicit quantum nature of systems via the use of EPR nonlocality, since this nonlocality cannot be duplicated by a classical system [6,7].

The researchers had noted that the nonscientific literature was replete with instances in which illness or trauma in one of a pair of identical twins affects the other, even when they are far apart. They decided to alter the brain wave pattern of one twin, and see if this would produce a similar response in the brain waves of the other twin. In this instance, the alpha rhythm was utilized, which are brain waves of from 8-13 Hz and approximately 50 microvolts. The alpha rhythm can be elicited when a subject closes his eyes, stares at a uniform unpatterned background or sits in the dark with her eyes open. Since eye closure in a lighted room elicits immediate and reproducible results, it was chosen as the method for investigation.

Identical twins were seated in separate rooms hooked up to EEG machines to measure their brain waves. They were asked to leave their eyes open, until one was instructed to do otherwise. It was noted that in 2 out of 15 pairs of twins tested in this instance, eye closure in one twin not only produced an immediate alpha rhythm in his brain but, also in the brain of the other twin, even though he had kept his eyes open throughout this procedure. Under these conditions it is highly unusual to see an alpha rhythm in the 2nd twin.

Even though these experiments were not carried out in a Faraday chamber, one could interpret the results as favoring biological nonlocality, since they were achieved without conventional classical elicitation of an alpha rhythm in one twin, while it was being evoked under standard conditions in the other twin who had closed his eyes. I have since been informed by one of the researchers that they conducted additional experiments with 50 pairs of twins in which they got not only correlated but, anti-correlated effects where the alpha rhythm could be enhanced, blocked out or overridden by the recipient [8]. And, in which they were able to correlate the alpha rhythm of unrelated subjects!

Grinberg-Zylberbaum EPR Experiment

Experiments were undertaken 30 years later by Grinberg-Zylberbaum, under much more stringent conditions, to determine if nonlocal correlations might occur at complex levels such as the human brain [9]. These experiments tested the possibility of the existence of a transference of specific signals between two brains, in a nonclassical fashion.

Unrelated pairs of subjects were allowed to meditate together until their brainsí EEGs displayed phase coherence. Approximately 25% of the subjects attained what they called quantum correlation or direct communication. The subjects were put into Faraday chambers attached to EEGs. One of the subjects was stimulated by a series of unpatterned flashes of light from a photostimulator, which resulted in an evoked potential being elicited. An evoked potential is a normal electrophysiological brain response produced by a sensory stimulus [10].

When the stimulated subjects showed a distinct evoked potential, similar potentials were found in 25% of the nonstimulated subjects, which they called transferred potentials.

With the use of photostimulation they were able to achieve a much more distinct and replicable evoked potential than that obtained by merely closing oneís eyes. While both techniques revealed the same striking similarity regarding the brain waves being in phase coherence, in neither case was there any transference of conscious subjective experience between the subjects.

I have proposed that in addition to using subjects who have meditated together, that we can also rely upon identical twins and other familial combinations whose brain waves already appear to be in phase coherence due to genetic factors [11]. There is a large body of literature dealing with not only the EEGs of identical twins but, fraternal twins, and mother/son, father/daughter, etc. combinations [12-16]. In addition, it appears that unrelated subjects may possess varying degrees of phase coherence as a result of certain universal genetic factors and empathy. Analysis of both the Duane-Behrendt and Grinberg-Zylberbaum research, appears to reveal that controllable biological quantum nonlocality may have been achieved at that time [17].

main article...... http://redshift.vif....DF/V08N4THA.PDF

:rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :rolleyes:

#131    Beka Boots

Beka Boots

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

When I was a child I remember talking to my mum about events that had never happened, or visiting cousins I'd never met, tell her about events that "happened me" but apparently I wasn't present or even alive for. Things she's never told me about and I still have a clear picture in my head of. One example being I remember my grandma and grandpa visiting with my uncle and aunt and all her children, playing with them all day and trying to fall asleep with 4 girls in a queen bed and the next day they weren't even there...so yea- I believe you

#132    Cascade

Cascade

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

Nothing like you've experienced; but I've had odd feelings that I've done whatever I'm doing before. I could be in a place I've never been to, doing something I've never done before; and all of a sudden I get this odd feeling that I /have/ done it before. It's almost as if I'm reliving a memory or dream. Quite strange.

And before someone says Deja Vu; that's happened too, but this is... different. Hard to explain.

Posted Image

#133    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

View PostMattshark, on 31 August 2009 - 02:12 PM, said:

Nothing to be afraid of, it is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certainty that they are mistaken and simply don't acknowledge it. Memory is not reliable and because less and less reliable over time and can easily be influenced by others.

Memory is a funny thing. Often times it's far less accurate than we'd like to believe. I've talked to my mom about memories from my childhood which I could've sworn happened a particular way, while she swears something else happened or that it didn't happen at all.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#134    sylvie

sylvie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

Wow... amazing stories! The only thing that comes close for me was 9/11/2001, when I felt I was switching back and forth between parallel realities. I had taken a road trip with my (newly wed) husband, who at that time hauled cars cross country in an 18-wheeler. We were in a town near Boston and had to deliver a car in Boston that day. The night before we had parked the truck and gone to sleep, and when we woke up, we switched on the Howard Stern radio show and heard him talk about the planes flying into the WTC. We went to a diner and had breakfast, and all the people in there were gathered around the television, talking about what had happened. Afterwards, we went back to the truck. I felt very drowsy, so I told my hubbie I'd take a nap.

While sleeping, I had the weirdest dream: I dreamed that I woke up in the truck after my nap, saying to my husband, "I just had the weirdest dream: I dreamed the WTC was under attack from terrorists." I told him the whole story, and then we just moved on, driving to Boston to deliver the car.

All of a sudden I woke up and realized that the "normal" scenario, where nothing out of the ordinary had happened, was the DREAM, and the completely SURREAL scenario (the WTC attacks) was "real life." (I'm putting this into quotation marks, because after that morning, I'm not so sure anymore what "real life" is.) After waking up, I felt totally disoriented for at least half an hour and couldn't wrap my mind around what was the dream and what was reality. Sometimes I think I might have briefly slipped into an alternate reality that morning, but then switched back to this one where 9/11 did happen.

Edited by sylvie, 21 September 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#135    Pinx

Pinx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:49 AM

I'm on the flip side of not remembering someone. Last time my sister and old friends got together, we started reminiscing about high school and someone mentioned this one girl, Michelle something-or-other. Apparently, we spent a lot of time hanging out with this girl in high school, but try as I might, I just couldn't remember her. They even showed me pictures of us with her. I guess that's what 10 years of drinking and an already kind of bad memory will do to ya. :blush: :lol:

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." --Kurt Vonnegut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users