Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

If you could bring a dinosaur back to life

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

But playgrounds are fun,And if some people dont beleive what others are saying than they should go look for the facts that the people are stateing.

Posted Image

#92    Legatus Legionis

Legatus Legionis

Bellcross

• 3,177 posts

• Everything that the human race has done and thought is concerned with the satisfaction of deeply felt needs and the assuagement of pain

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

If anyone really wants to prove their point, you should start quoting facts from reliable sources, rather than having a playground argument. yes.gif

i must agree with R-X7 here. sources are important to back you up. ofcourse sources that are facts nothing but facts

But playgrounds are fun,And if some people dont beleive what others are saying than they should go look for the facts that the people are stateing.

yes playing sometimes are fun, but not all the time . ok? give sources to back you up.

#93    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Ya your right,Theres a time and a place for playing and right now its not time for playing.

Tyrannosaurus rex was the terror of the dinosaur world.

Now researchers not only have calculated the power of its terrible bite, but also the secret behind it: its hardened snout.

"Fused, archlike nasal bones are a unique feature of tyrannosaurids. This adaptation, for instance, was keeping the T. rexes from breaking their own skull while breaking the bones of their prey." said lead researcher Eric Snively of the University of Alberta.

Tyrannosaurids (T-rex and its relatives) had big, strong teeth and skulls but also large gaps on the skull for attachment and development of jaw muscles, suggesting a powerful bite able to crush the flesh and bones of large dinosaurs.

Now, the biomechanics and the latest scan technology have explained how the fused nasal bone contributed to the beast's powerful bite to make it the strongest of any land animal ever. Snively's team compared the skulls and teeth between tyrannosaurids and non-tyrannosaurids carnivorous dinosaurs. The researchers focused on teeth-bending, nose and skull strength. The nasal bones are located over the tooth-bearing upper jaw and each bite induced a hit on them. The fused tyrannosaurid nasals proved significantly stronger than unfused nasal bones of the non-tyrannosaurid.

"When T. rex bit down, the forces from the upper teeth would be channeled right to the [fused] nasal bones," Snively said.

This way the bite would break the bones of the prey.

In the case of a non-tyrannosaurid carnivorous dinosaur with unfused nasal bones connected just through elastic ligaments, some of the bite force would be wasted on the slide of the nasal bones against each other.

"Because the nasals [of T. rex] were fused, all of the bite force was transmitted to the food instead of some of the force being distorting the skull. The T. rex especially had a very strong skull and jaw muscles that would turn it into a zoological superweapon." Snively said.

It was calculated that a medium-sized T. rex had a more powerful bite than larger carnivorous dinosaurs, like Carcharadontosaurus saharicus, with a head about 1.5 times longer than that of T. rex and this results even from conservative estimates.

"We kept the muscle numbers down because we thought they couldn't possibly be that powerful," Snively said.

A team at the Tyrrell museum has calculated T. rex's bite power at 200,000 newtons, enough for lifting a tractor-trailer.

T. rex's powerful neck helped the dinosaur ear: when it had its teeth embedded in the prey, the dino could swing its head and rip apart large pieces of meat from it.

"The tossing showed us how easily T. rex could feed; it would toss food back in the throat," Snively said.

"All of the T. rex's features came together to give it the strongest bite of any land animal," he further explained.

So for all you n00bs out there who still think spino has a stronger bite than a t-rex....Youve just been pwned.

Posted Image

#94    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:46 AM

Ya your right,Theres a time and a place for playing and right now its not time for playing.

Now researchers not only have calculated the power of its terrible bite, but also the secret behind it: its hardened snout.

"Fused, archlike nasal bones are a unique feature of tyrannosaurids. This adaptation, for instance, was keeping the T. rexes from breaking their own skull while breaking the bones of their prey." said lead researcher Eric Snively of the University of Alberta.

Tyrannosaurids (T-rex and its relatives) had big, strong teeth and skulls but also large gaps on the skull for attachment and development of jaw muscles, suggesting a powerful bite able to crush the flesh and bones of large dinosaurs.

Now, the biomechanics and the latest scan technology have explained how the fused nasal bone contributed to the beast's powerful bite to make it the strongest of any land animal ever. Snively's team compared the skulls and teeth between tyrannosaurids and non-tyrannosaurids carnivorous dinosaurs. The researchers focused on teeth-bending, nose and skull strength. The nasal bones are located over the tooth-bearing upper jaw and each bite induced a hit on them. The fused tyrannosaurid nasals proved significantly stronger than unfused nasal bones of the non-tyrannosaurid.

"When T. rex bit down, the forces from the upper teeth would be channeled right to the [fused] nasal bones," Snively said.

In the case of a non-tyrannosaurid carnivorous dinosaur with unfused nasal bones connected just through elastic ligaments, some of the bite force would be wasted on the slide of the nasal bones against each other.

"Because the nasals [of T. rex] were fused, all of the bite force was transmitted to the food instead of some of the force being distorting the skull. The T. rex especially had a very strong skull and jaw muscles that would turn it into a zoological superweapon." Snively said.

It was calculated that a medium-sized T. rex had a more powerful bite than larger carnivorous dinosaurs, like Carcharadontosaurus saharicus, with a head about 1.5 times longer than that of T. rex and this results even from conservative estimates.

"We kept the muscle numbers down because we thought they couldn't possibly be that powerful," Snively said.

A team at the Tyrrell museum has calculated T. rex's bite power at 200,000 newtons, enough for lifting a tractor-trailer.

T. rex's powerful neck helped the dinosaur ear: when it had its teeth embedded in the prey, the dino could swing its head and rip apart large pieces of meat from it.

"The tossing showed us how easily T. rex could feed; it would toss food back in the throat," Snively said.

"All of the T. rex's features came together to give it the strongest bite of any land animal," he further explained.

So for all you n00bs out there who still think spino has a stronger bite than a t-rex....Youve just been pwned.

I have always been a fan of the large theropods. Both T-Rex and Spino are favorites of mine.

For a bad-boy bite, try this one: Modern researchers have calculated a large crocodile and T-Rex to have had about the same bite force (pounds per square inch, not total power). Now let's scale this up the a 40' super croc of the times: Sarchsuchus Imperitor. At twice the size of a Saltwater Croc, this bad-boy would have four times the bite strength. The dermal plates of a big American Alligator have rebounded a pistol bullet to the shooter, and the plates on a big Nile Crock (Gustave in the case) have deflected poorly aimed rifle shots. Now lets make those scutes twice as thick. The tail of an alligator is strong enough to snap the legs of many land mammals, this brute would have been able the knowk down or break the legs of dinosaurs, never mind what a 20' armored club would do to a man.

Now, where do we put this big boy once we grow him?

#95    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:50 AM

I have always been a fan of the large theropods. Both T-Rex and Spino are favorites of mine.

For a bad-boy bite, try this one: Modern researchers have calculated a large crocodile and T-Rex to have had about the same bite force (pounds per square inch, not total power). Now let's scale this up the a 40' super croc of the times: Sarchsuchus Imperitor. At twice the size of a Saltwater Croc, this bad-boy would have four times the bite strength. The dermal plates of a big American Alligator have rebounded a pistol bullet to the shooter, and the plates on a big Nile Crock (Gustave in the case) have deflected poorly aimed rifle shots. Now lets make those scutes twice as thick. The tail of an alligator is strong enough to snap the legs of many land mammals, this brute would have been able the knowk down or break the legs of dinosaurs, never mind what a 20' armored club would do to a man.

Now, where do we put this big boy once we grow him?

Well t-rex had the strongest bite of any dinosaur,I didnt know that the sarc had a stronegr bite.

Posted Image

#96    Deinychus_rulz

Deinychus_rulz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

Pwned? w00t.gif that's rich. Just because it had the larger bite force didn't mean much. LOL! The spinosaurus had longer arms, that were useable, not only that, but it was 1/3 larger than the rex. And for the finale, it was faster, and more manuverable.

#97    PunkJunk

PunkJunk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:22 AM

Oh ya well,First you need to get facts then you need to get those facts that you just got straight and i dont need to know what what kind of stupid raptor your blabbin about becasue no raptor with half of the "huge brain" that they all have would even think about fighting a t-rex because that raptor (any raptor) would pee itself and run.

It is true that Raptors are intelligent for their time but I doubt EITHER animal would fight for any other reason than for food or for its territory.
Besides, it'd be more likely (and more wise) that the T.Rex, if confronted by a pack of raptors of any specie, would surrender its kill.
I wouldn't want to fight outnumbered by any number no matter how big I was. And raptors can be extremely intimidating.
Just my two-cents, DD.

Pwned?that's rich. Just because it had the larger bite force didn't mean much. LOL! The spinosaurus had longer arms, that were useable, not only that, but it was 1/3 larger than the rex. And for the finale, it was faster, and more manuverable.

The Spinosaurus would have never met the T.Rex anyway, and if it did, the universe would IMPLODE!
They were seperated by huge expanses of water that were infested by giant predatory animals that were much larger than either dinosaur.
Supposing one did make it, it would probably die of exhaustion or disease, since its immune systems couldn't handle the new enviroment or whatever bacteria it came with.
Sure, Spinosaurus isn't weak by any means, but if had to come down to it, I think T.Rex may have not even fought at all, but if it did, if it would win.
It's just intimidation factors. By normal predator nature, the hunter always hesitates to size up its prey. T.Rex fighting a Spino is like two guns with handguns taking on an army of guys with AK-47s. Its just not going to happen.

Spinosaurus is a fish eater. So are sharks. Does that make them any less dangerous?
T.Rex is a hunter. So are lions.

Edited by PunkJunk, 24 June 2007 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image"
Beyond the horizon lies the secret to a new beginning..."

Signature Collection

#98    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:44 AM

I'd so want to bring back a T Rex. Heck I'd want all these Dinosaurs back. It would be like Jurassic Park it would be so cool. Although I think there would be a lot of missing peoples. Maybe just bring them back for one day that's all I'd ask!

#99    Primeval

Primeval

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

• "In Tyler I trust."

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:51 AM

Plesiosaurus. I'd let it mate with Nessie.

Edited by Primeval, 25 June 2007 - 01:52 AM.

Posted Image
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
My DeviantART

#100    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

Pwned? w00t.gif that's rich. Just because it had the larger bite force didn't mean much. LOL! The spinosaurus had longer arms, that were useable, not only that, but it was 1/3 larger than the rex. And for the finale, it was faster, and more manuverable.

Id wouldnt lol if i were you ya spino fan boy,Id be looking on evry single jurassic park website because people there know who would really win.Kid for the last time and this is the last time i will say this,the spinosaurs arms were tucked under its ****** body,Whats so hard to understand about that?The arms were UN-DER the body not on the SIDE or the TOP but UN-DER its body wich means it COULD-NOT as in WASNT able to scratch,hold onto,slash,tear,rip,ANYTHING that wasnt a 5 foot long fish.As in its arms wernt able to be used against anything that didnt breathe water smartone,Oh ya i totally forgot that the t-rex could breathe water and thats how the spino would be able to use its arms against the rex in the fight wich would last a couple of seconds because the t-rex by then will have its outh around the spinos neck and game over.I swear kid you need to stop watching jurassic park three because spino fan boys watch it so much that they actully convince themselves that what they think is correct and then go repeating the same god dam thing over and over and over and over and over until the people who read it that many times just want them to stf so they just agree with them.

Posted Image

#101    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

Id wouldnt lol if i were you ya spino fan boy,Id be looking on evry single jurassic park website because people there know who would really win.Kid for the last time and this is the last time i will say this,the spinosaurs arms were tucked under its ****** body,Whats so hard to understand about that?The arms were UN-DER the body not on the SIDE or the TOP but UN-DER its body wich means it COULD-NOT as in WASNT able to scratch,hold onto,slash,tear,rip,ANYTHING that wasnt a 5 foot long fish.As in its arms wernt able to be used against anything that didnt breathe water smartone,Oh ya i totally forgot that the t-rex could breathe water and thats how the spino would be able to use its arms against the rex in the fight wich would last a couple of seconds because the t-rex by then will have its outh around the spinos neck and game over.I swear kid you need to stop watching jurassic park three because spino fan boys watch it so much that they actully convince themselves that what they think is correct and then go repeating the same god dam thing over and over and over and over and over until the people who read it that many times just want them to stf so they just agree with them.

By the way no rex would give up its kill to some raptors,It would rather kill them and first of all if they were stupid enough to even think about trying to steal a meal from a rex they probrally would have walked right up to it and said please eat me.No t-rex would do that and no pack or raptors would do that,If 4 or 5 Hyenas didnt call for help and tried to steal a kill from a lion they would be killed or hurt badly but if the lion is 15 feet tall getting hurt badly is not going to happen when one bite would mean death.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users