Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ancient Egypt helciopter plane submarines

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

• "In God we trust... The rest pay with cash.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

Sometimes when you look at a paper with a spot of ink you can see a beautiful woman  thumbsup.gif

Having problem getting a date?

#47    fantazum

fantazum

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

Although I just skimmed over most of the posts I did not see a date of this hieroglyphic picture in the original post. What BC era was this made? Depending on the era it was made it could mean an object. Or it could have been produced by a priest who was a see'er who saw this in the future.       ohmy.gif

1200bc (ramsesII)

#48    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,479 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

Sometimes when you look at a paper with a spot of ink you can see a beautiful woman  thumbsup.gif

Here is somehting simple.... rotate the image 90 degrees and you cant see anything resembling  aircraft. It's just the way the eye interprets information, based on experiential memories.

aircraft.jpg

#49    Oxymoron

Oxymoron

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

• "In God we trust... The rest pay with cash.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Here is somehting simple.... rotate the image 90 degrees and you cant see anything resembling  aircraft. It's just the way the eye interprets information, based on experiential memories.

aircraft.jpg

Or maybe you turn it the to other side and  there is nothing there at all. Wow that blew my mind. You could still see it by the way. At least you tried.

#50    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

http://www.world-mysteries.com/aa_4.htm

There has been references to flying machines.. flying chariots of fire in the bible... throughout history... just because there is no room for this idea in  tongue.gif our sppon fed Modern History doesn't mean they didn't exist... Just like the Bible was pruned down to what was politically acceptable to the times... so too was History... over and over again... that is why there are so many gaps...

#51    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,114 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

http://www.world-mysteries.com/aa_4.htm

There has been references to flying machines.. flying chariots of fire in the bible... throughout history... just because there is no room for this idea in  tongue.gif our sppon fed Modern History doesn't mean they didn't exist...

Sure, but not the palimpsest that this thread is talking about.  It's really and truly hieroglyphic text, it's been translated, like I said.  It's not a helicopter and a hovercraft, or whatever, it's part of the titulary used when talking about the king.  It's part of the "two ladies" titulary, if I recall correctly.
note:

The nebty name (lit. "two ladies") was associated with the so-called "heraldic" goddesses of Upper and Lower Egypt:

Nekhbet, patron deity of Upper Egypt, represented by a vulture, and
Wadjet, patron deity of Lower Egypt, represented by a cobra.
The name is first definitively used by the First Dynasty pharaoh Semerkhet, though it only became a fully independent title by the Twelfth Dynasty.

This particular name was not typically framed by a cartouche or serekh, but always begins with the hieroglyphs of a vulture and cobra resting upon two baskets, the dual noun "nebty".

Source

More on the "two ladies" titulary:

Nebty Name, or Two Ladies Name
The second name is not inside of a cartouche or serekh, but is topped by the figures of a vulture and a cobra. It is known as the Nebti name, or Two Ladies Name. The vulture represents the goddess Nekhbet, wearer of the White Crown of South. The cobra is the goddess Wadjet, wearer of the Red Crown of the the North. Each of the figures is perched on a basket, which confers the meaning 'Lord' or, in this case, 'Lady'.

These are probably even less well known. The Nebty name of Cheops is Nebty-r-medjed "The one who hits for the Two Ladies" It is often similar to the Horus Name.

Source

And more:

The 'two ladies' are two goddesses:
Nekhbet ('she who belongs to Nekheb'- Elkab) - the vulture, the goddess of Upper Egypt
Wadjet ('the green one') - the cobra, who was worshipped in Buto and was the goddess of Lower Egypt.

In some writings the cobra and vulture are replaced by the crowns of Lower and Upper Egypt.

The 'two ladies' appear already under king Aha in the First Dynasty (on a tablet found in a mastaba at Naqada). It is debated if this early attestation refers to a king's name. The 'two ladies' are placed on this tablet inside of a building. It might be in this case just the name of a building and not a royal name. The name is securely attested for the first time under Semerkhet (First Dynasty) as part of the titulary of the king's name. However, in the Old Kingdom (about 2686-2181 BC) the 'two ladies' are often part of a name and not a title. The name is most often identical or very similar to the Horus name.

Only in the Twelfth Dynasty under Senusret II did the name become independent. The Nebty name of the king is different to his Horus name.

Source

Just in case you wondered if I was making this up.

About Abydos and Seti's temple:

Abydos became notable for the Great Temple of Abydos, of Seti I, which contains a tunnel displaying the "Table of Abydos": a chronological list showing cartouche names of most dynastic pharaoh of Egypt from the first, Narmer/Menes, until the pharaohs of the last dynasty. Hatshepsut, Akhenaten, Smenkhare, Tutankamen and Ay are missing from the list, presumably because their names were erased from 'official' history.[2] A rare list of pharaoh names, the Table of Abydos has been called the "Rosetta Stone" of Egyptian archaeology, analogous to the Rosetta Stone for Egyptian writing, beyond the Narmer Palette. See details below.

SNIP

Seti I, in the 19th dynasty, founded a great new temple to the south of the town in honor of the ancestral kings of the early dynasties; this was finished by Ramesses II, who also built a lesser temple of his own. Merneptah added a great Hypogeum of Osiris to the temple of Seti. The latest building was a new temple of Nectanebo I in the 30th dynasty. From Ptolemaic times the place continued to decay and no later works are known.[4]

(My emphasis.)
Source

The bolded portion indicates when the original titulary for Seti I was plastered over and changed to the titulary for Rameses II.

No helicopter. Text that spells words.  That's all.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#52    sirfiroth

sirfiroth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

Sure, but not the palimpsest that this thread is talking about.  It's really and truly hieroglyphic text, it's been translated, like I said.  It's not a helicopter and a hovercraft, or whatever, it's part of the titulary used when talking about the king.  It's part of the "two ladies" titulary, if I recall correctly.
note:

Source

More on the "two ladies" titulary:

Source

And more:

Source

Just in case you wondered if I was making this up.

About Abydos and Seti's temple:

(My emphasis.)
Source

The bolded portion indicates when the original titulary for Seti I was plastered over and changed to the titulary for Rameses II.

No helicopter. Text that spells words.  That's all.

Harte

I did not see those particular glyphs in your sources, got any more?

#53    Harte

Harte

• 10,114 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:14 AM

I did not see those particular glyphs in your sources, got any more?

This picture, which actually debunks the claim, shows the two sets of glyphs, one superimposed on the other, in two different colors:
linked-image

Note that the O.P. used this very image - even from the same site (http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html) in trying to claim these are actual carvings of helicopters.  Go to the page I linked to see why this is not only ironic, but also suspect.  By that I mean the O.P. has apparently been pulling our legs - he already knows these are not what they seem and even posted the photo that argues for these as hieroglyphivc text - the blue and red one I just put in this post.

Anyway, the name Seti II is not the same as the name Thutmose III or the name Amenemhat I, which are the "two lady" names shown at the sites I linked.  Just like "Harte" doesn't look much like "Sirfroth."  The two lady title involves mentioning the two "goddesses," (really it's a way of reminding the riffraff that the pharoah rules both lower and upper Egypt - the two goddesses represent these areas.)  Sometimes they "Smite in the name of the two godesses," Sometimes the pharoah will "preserve the tradition of the two goddesses," sometimes it that they are "beloved by the two goddesses..." whatever, do you see?  The hieroglyphic string will not often look anything like the "two goddess" name of some other pharoah, because it's not standardized, it's just about some "two goddess" thing the pharoah says he does or will do or is well known for doing.

It's almost always known for depicting the vulture and the cobra, like those sites said.  Looks to me like a cobra over on the extreme right of the photo.  Hard for me to tell for sure, though, since I'm not an expert and also because that part of the writing has literally fallen off, as this picture of the entire portion of this area of the temple clearly shows:

linked-image

Here's what the site the OP got these pics from says about them:

The text is part of the titulary of Ramesses II and can be translated as "The one of the Two Ladies, who suppresses the nine foreign countries." This replaces the royal titulary of Seti I that was originally carved into the stone. More technically, the actual "helicopter" seems to be a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other, with portions missing. An apparent change in scale also mucks things up.

Link provided above.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#54    bluelight

bluelight

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

it's a typo and it's been "blank O" and replaced with another word

Edited by bluelight, 30 June 2007 - 07:50 AM.

#55    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

http://www.ufodigest.com/egyptplanes.html
"An elegant 4-centimeter item which was obviously used as an amulet or a pendant made not later than the first millennium B.C. is known as "the Columbia gold airplane". As of today, researchers have found 33 items of the type on the territories of Columbia, Peru, Costa Rica and Venezuela. All of them are different on the outside but have the same principle of airplane construction with the horizontal and vertical keel empennage. Ancient artists often made them look like creatures covered with scales and with glowing eyes. But biologists of the world admit that the gold items cannot be identified with any known creature of fossil or contemporary fauna on the planet.

In 1956, "the gold airplane" was among exhibits of the Pre-Columbian Gold exhibition in Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. The deltoid wing and the vertical plane of the tail unit atypical of birds drew attention of American aircraft designers. The directors of the exhibition allowed testing the ancient "aircraft" in a wind tunnel. It turned out that the gold model could soar at supersonic speed, the issue which was widely studied in that epoch. The ancient model helped aircraft designers of Lockheed create a supersonic plane, the world's best for that period."
http://www.2atoms.com/weird/ancient/plane.htm

Yonaguni and the Okinawa Rosetta Stone...image of a airship????

http://www.altarcheologie.nl/index.html?co...aracters_01.htm

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/some_of_the_a...nds_of_2002.htm

Evidence has been found that the Ancient Egyptians had a functioning understanding of Flight Technology. In 1898, in an ancient tomb, in Saqqara, Egypt, a scale model of a very advanced type of cargo-carrying pusher plane or powered glider was discovered. It has been dated to be around 2200 yrs old. I personally believe it to be older. Because it was discovered before the era of modern flight, it went unrecognized and was stored in a box labeled "wooden bird models."

It sat in the basement of the Museum of Cairo for decades, until it was rediscovered by Dr. Khalil Messiha. Dr. Messiha has made a life study of these ancient models. The discovery was deemed so important that the Egyptian Ministry of Culture assigned a special committee to study it. The results of the findings were so impressive that a special exhibit was set up in the central hall of the museum with the artifact as the centerpiece. It was labelled "An Ancient Model Airplane." The following is a direct quote from the source, written in 1972.

Edited by crystal sage, 30 June 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#56    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

The lost kingdom of Guge

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religio...9852a25acf78f26

According to the ancient Tibetan historical records and the Annals
of Kings and Officials in Tibet, Guge had totally 16 kings who ruled
the Kingdom until its collapse in the seventeenth century. In its
prosperous time, the Guge Kingdom had a very powerful position in
Tibet and deeply influenced the region's culture and economy. A number
of important Bud-hist doctrines had their roots in the Tibetan
Kingdom of Guge.
The palace, more than 300 meters high, was built is many stages
during a long time between the 10th and 16th century.
  But even today its glorious past is still visible.
  There is no easy way to come to the palace because it is resting on
the citadel and the only way to reach the ancient seat of Guge kings
is through a labyrinth of passages. There is also another fascinating
monument from the great Guge time.

thumbsup.gif
It is the Tholing Monastery
"Tholing" means in Tibetan "hovering in the sky forever". The
monastery, built by the second the great kings of Guge, is the
oldest Buddh-st temple in the region. Its central hall symbolizes
Mount Meru, the highest mountain in Bud-hism.
  Yet, Guge Kingdom has much more to offer than only the royal
castle. There are plenty of pagodas, tunnels and caves worth to see
admire even if many of the structures are today destroyed.
  The lost kingdom of Guge has still about 1,400 ancient buildings,

http://www.offthefence.com/content/programme.php?ID=398

http://www.ufoarea.com/aas_chinesedragons.html
http://www.ufoarea.com/aas_guge.html

http://www.hinduwisdom.info/Vimanas.htm

Edited by crystal sage, 30 June 2007 - 08:48 AM.

#57    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

well possibly a phychic egyption predicted the future look at nostradamas he predicted 100's of years in, who knows how far he saw. but predicting 1000 years into the future or 500 + seems a bit unbeleivable.

anyway i think that what harte said is quite right. otherwise it would be quite a co-incidence.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#58    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

well possibly a phychic egyption predicted the future look at nostradamas he predicted 100's of years in, who knows how far he saw. but predicting 1000 years into the future or 500 + seems a bit unbeleivable.

anyway i think that what harte said is quite right. otherwise it would be quite a co-incidence.

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/index....0008&page=2

To the mystically inclined, however, coincidence is a synchronicity, the purposeful occurrence of two seemingly unrelated events. The argument is not likely to be resolved anytime soon. Of late, though, the phenomenon of coincidence has begun to yield new scientific insights. It turns out that we may actually be hardwired to connect anomalies in a meaningful way. Many of the remarkable feats our brains regularly perform—including our ability to learn the meaning of words or decode the unspoken laws of social decorum depend on our penchant for noticing coincidences. In fact, mathematicians, cognitive scientists and paranormal researchers are applying the tools of statistics and probability to tease out just where coincidences lie on the bell curve of everyday experience. Are they easily explained, or so improbable they must signify something?........

#59    Harte

Harte

• 10,114 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

To the mystically inclined, however, coincidence is a synchronicity, the purposeful occurrence of two seemingly unrelated events. The argument is not likely to be resolved anytime soon. Of late, though, the phenomenon of coincidence has begun to yield new scientific insights. It turns out that we may actually be hardwired to connect anomalies in a meaningful way.

Sure, but there is no anomaly here.  These are words, written in a known text, which have been translated into typical words for the period.

If someone cannot accept that, then it is on them to explain why they believe otherwise.  The explanation I've given explains every single detail of the hieroglyphic string perfectly well, without having to resort to some outlandish claim.

I'd also be interested to know why anyone would believe that hieroglyphics would be used to depict some physical object as representative art.  I mean, why don't the hieroglyphics simply tell us that "Pharoah had a helicopter" or something, using the characters to form the text?

Harte

Anybody like Coleridge?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users