Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Egyptian evidence in Australia

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#1    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

I was doing some research on a rumour I had heard and came up with this web site. Has anyone ever heard of Egyptians in Australia before? What do you think of the evidence and apparent facts contained in this article? I myself was pretty amazed at it all. Even if the heiroglyphics seem fake I find it interesting that Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders have similar traditions to Egyptians and mummification processes as well as the Aten symbol.  (Don't dismiss it because of the mention of the Gympie Pyramid idol)
http://www.crystalinks.com/egyptaustralia.html

Attached Thumbnails

• petroaus5.jpg

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#2    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

I was doing some research on a rumour I had heard and came up with this web site. Has anyone ever heard of Egyptians in Australia before? What do you think of the evidence and apparent facts contained in this article? I myself was pretty amazed at it all. Even if the heiroglyphics seem fake I find it interesting that Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders have similar traditions to Egyptians and mummification processes as well as the Aten symbol.  (Don't dismiss it because of the mention of the Gympie Pyramid idol)

Interesting stuff, but serious academics must have dismissed it as a fake or this would have received a great deal of publicity.  If those hieroglyps were really Old Kingdom Egyptian, and therefore 3000 plus years old, the inscriptions would have acquired an identificable natural patination.  This is how ancient stone carved inscripitons are revealed as a fakes.  While I do not dispute there are ancient maps that show australia, or the fact ancient ships were capable of traveling that far, science can prove if the hieroglypsh were made in the last two centuries.

the similar religious practices may only be coincidence.  Both Australia and Egypt have huge man-eating crcodiles, so believing they devour the wicked in a kind of heavenly judgement in both lands is not so extraordinary.  Now if eskimos believed the same thing, that might be something to contemplate.

#3    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hell, the Chinese reached Australia all those years ago aswell...there's no reason Egypt couldn't have...it's roughly the same distance.

#4    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Interesting stuff, but serious academics must have dismissed it as a fake or this would have received a great deal of publicity.  If those hieroglyps were really Old Kingdom Egyptian, and therefore 3000 plus years old, the inscriptions would have acquired an identificable natural patination.  This is how ancient stone carved inscripitons are revealed as a fakes.  While I do not dispute there are ancient maps that show australia, or the fact ancient ships were capable of traveling that far, science can prove if the hieroglypsh were made in the last two centuries.

the similar religious practices may only be coincidence.  Both Australia and Egypt have huge man-eating crcodiles, so believing they devour the wicked in a kind of heavenly judgement in both lands is not so extraordinary.  Now if eskimos believed the same thing, that might be something to contemplate.

What about the parts about the mummification and the Aten symbol as well as the Australian marsupial fossils found in tombs in Egypt? I can see the crocodile bit being like you say but don't some other aspects get you contemplating? I do appreciate your feedback though, just wondering what you thought about some other parts....

#5    Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro

The Death of Bunny Munro

• 3,075 posts

• You will not like me now and you shall like me a good deal less as we do go on...

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

Whatever it is, it's not Aboriginal, it looks far too complex.

Grant me this at least, man differs more from man than man from beast....

#6    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,094 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:27 PM

Well, for a start, "crystal links" dot com is hardly going to be an objective, scientific website are they? Those photos could be from anywhere. I agree with DC - if it was real we would have heard about it by now.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#7    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

Well, for a start, "crystal links" dot com is hardly going to be an objective, scientific website are they? Those photos could be from anywhere. I agree with DC - if it was real we would have heard about it by now.

Sure, I get your point, but crystalinks isn't the only one...type in hieroglyphics in Australia, there is a few more than just that one that mentions them, if interested. That's why I thought I'd post them, to see what people think about them. It's one of those maybe real maybe not things that don't get the airing they should, I'd never heard of the Bosnian Pyramids before tonight, does that mean it's not real, cause I had never heard of them?

#8    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,418 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

cool.gif

http://rbg-street-scholar-multi-media-e-zi...ieroglyphs.html

The hieroglyphics sketch his journey and his tragic demise:

"For two seasons he made his way westward, weary, but strong to the end.
Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects.

He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects. Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand.

He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way.

He, who died before, is here laid to rest.

May he have life everlasting. He is never again to stand beside the waters of the Sacred Mer. (MER meaning "love")

There was a moat around the pyramid called the "Waters of Mer".

(The second facing wall, which was much more seriously eroded, details the tragedy further. This wall begins with the badly eroded glyph of a snake (Heft), with a glyph of jaws (to bite) and the symbol for 'twice'.)

"The snake bit twice.

Those followers of the diving Lord Khufu, mighty one of Lower Kmt, Lord of the Two Adzes, not all shall return.

We must go forward and not look back.

All the creek and river beds are dry. Our boat is damaged and tied up with rope.

Death was caused by snake. We gave egg-yolk from the medicine-chest and prayed to Amen, the Hidden One, for he was struck twice."

(Burial rituals, prayers and preparations are described.)

"We walked in the side entrance to the chamber with stones from all around. We aligned the chamber with the Western Heavens.

The three doors of eternity were connected to the rear end of the royal tomb and sealed in.

We placed beside it a vessel, the holy offering, should he awaken from the tomb.

Separated from home is the Royal body and all others."

Here are a few more factoids you might be interested to research further...

Symbols representing Heru are reportedly carved 60 feet up a cliff.

Unearthed at Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, was an Jade ankh or.

Toowoomba: A group of seventeen granite stones were found with Phoenecian inscriptions. One had been translated to read "Guard the shrine of Yahweh's message" and "Gods of Gods". Another inscription reads, "This is a place of worship or Ra" and "Assemble here to worship the sun."

Rex Gilroy in 1978 identified ancient Masonic symbols among Aboriginal cave art several miles from the 1910 Ptolomy IV coin discovery site.

An Kemetic sundisc was discovered in 1950 carved into a cliff. The carving featured the outline of a chariot, showing one of its wheels.

Near Bowen carvings were found on rocks which looked like heiroglyphs.

A scarab beetle carved from onyx was dug up near the Neapean River outside Penrith (NSW).

Also at Penrith a 50 foot stepped pyramid exists.

West of the Blue Mountains (NSW) a similar 'stepped pyramid' to the Gympie example exists. Although constructed of huge granite blocks stands about 100 feet tall.

Beside the Hawkesbury River, very old Aboriginal rock art depicts visitors to the continent, including those who resemble Kamitians.

Aboriginal tribes of the NW Kimberley's still worship a mother-goddess identical to that once worshipped by Gympie district tribes and which resembles that of ancient Afrikan Dravidian peoples.

Kimberley tribes also include some groups bearing apparent Dravidian facial features and speak many ancient Kemetic words in their language.

In 1931 in the N.W. Kimberley's, Prof. A. P. Elkin, Professor of Anthropology at Sydney University came upon a tribe of Aborigines who had not met a white man before. The professor was astounded when tribal elders greeted him with Ancient Secret masonic hand signs. He discovered the Aborigines worshipped the sun. They also had an earth mother and Rainbow Serpent Cult. Later he discovered many of the words spoken were of Kemetic origin. This is the area of the famous Wandjina Cave Art. According to legend the Wanjina came from across the Indian Ocean in great vessels.

The Tjuringa sacred stones of the Kimberley region include a sun symbol identical to that of the Aten.

Arnhem Land and Torres Strait peoples mummified their dead. On Darnley Island in Torres Strait, natives mummified their dead by removing their stomach contents. Then extracted the brains by making an incision through the nostrils with a bone instrument. After inserting artificial eyes of pearl shell, they embalmed the corpse and rowed it 2 miles westward out to sea in a canoe for internment on an island of the dead. Similar to the Kamitians who ferried their dead across the Nile to the West bank tombs.

The natives of Arnhem Land also believed the soul was conducted to the after life in a canoe rowed by Willuwait the boatman of the dead. If the deceased had led a good life he was allowed to enter Purelko, the afterworld. If not, he was eaten by a crocodile. This belief is identical to the teachings of Kemet where Thoth conducted the spirits of the dead into the presence of Ausar for judgement. Here if the souls sins were outweighed by a feather, the body was devoured by the crocodile (Ba).

In 1875 the Shevert expedition retrieved a mummified corpse and an example of the canoe used in funerary rites from Darnley Island. World renowned medical scientist Sir Raphael Cilento who examined the corpse stated the incisions and method of embalming to be the same as those employed in Kemet during the 21st to 23rd dynasties over 2900 years ago.

On New Hanover Island, off the tip of New Ireland in 1964, an administration medical officer, Mr. Ray Sheridan discovered what appears to be the remains of an ancient sun-worshippers temple of Kemetic style. Among the monolithic stone blocks there was an idol, facing the rising sun with features half human, half bird it stood 6 feet tall and weighed four tons. Near there Ray Sheridan found the carving of a wheel complete with hub. The ruins reminded him of ancient Sun-worship temples he had seen in modern "Egypt" during WWII.

In 1931 Australian Anthropologist, Sir Grafton Elliot-Smith examined mummified remains in a New Zealand cave. He identified the skull as being that of an ancient Kamitian at least 2000 years old. A gold scarab was also dug up in the district on another occasion. His papers seen to have mysteriously disapeared from The Australian Acadamy of Science Library in Canberra.

An onyx scarab was unearthed near Kingaroy (Qld) many years ago.

There were both Sumerian and Mayan traditions of a lost motherland in the Pacific.

Australia appears under the name of "Antoecie" on the famous spherical world map of Crates of Mallos, and on the Greek map of Eratosthenese in 239 BC. It seems fairly certain that the maritime civilizations of antiquity, particularly the early Kamitians, were quite capable of extensive ocean voyages as evidenced by Giza's "Tomb of the Boat".

According to Cairo Times, in 1982, archaeologists working at Fayum, near the Siwa Oasis uncovered fossils of kangaroos and other Australian marsupials.

And there's also a set of gold boomerangs discovered by Prof. Carter in the tomb of Tutankhamen in 1922.

Edited by crystal sage, 11 May 2007 - 02:06 PM.

#9    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,094 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

Sure, I get your point, but crystalinks isn't the only one...type in hieroglyphics in Australia, there is a few more than just that one that mentions them, if interested. That's why I thought I'd post them, to see what people think about them. It's one of those maybe real maybe not things that don't get the airing they should, I'd never heard of the Bosnian Pyramids before tonight, does that mean it's not real, cause I had never heard of them?

Thats not the point. The fact is, google "egyptian hieroglyphs" and all you get is more of the same. Pseudo-spiritual websites, one saying that the images were "a few centuries old" (well, not ancient egyptian then are they?) and others talking about mystical aboriginal powers, and "legends" of pyramids in Oz.

As I said. Hardly scientific.

And, as with the Bosnian Pyramid, the scientific community has probably heard of these, and probably rightly ignored them. If they were real, we'd know about it.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#10    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,471 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

I was doing some research on a rumour I had heard and came up with this web site. Has anyone ever heard of Egyptians in Australia before? What do you think of the evidence and apparent facts contained in this article? I myself was pretty amazed at it all. Even if the heiroglyphics seem fake I find it interesting that Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders have similar traditions to Egyptians and mummification processes as well as the Aten symbol.

The Abos from the Torres Straight Islands had a mummification process, it's true.  But that's about it as far as it goes regarding any similarity with the Egyptians:

The embalmment process for Egyptian mummies lasted 70 days and had two main stages: a) mechanical and chemical processing of the corpse; cool.gif dressing the dead. During the first stage embalmers would take out the brain and all internal organs and after 40 days drying with NaCO3 they would put them into special containers under the protection of "the four sons of god Hor”. After the 40th day they would fill the dried bodycavities of the mummies with linen cloth soaked with aromatic resins and the skin is treated with oils and impregnated with wax. After additional 15 days they would begin wrapping the body in linen bandages soaked in conservative solutions (13, 14).

Pacific mummies (3) were created by the ancestors of today's aborigines in Melanesia, Papua New Guinea, Australia and the islands of Torres Strait. (Table 3) After smoking the body for 3 days with the help of a fire underneath, embalmers would remove the skin bubbles and take out internal organs to replace them with resin of local kind of palm tree. Brain was removed through an occipital cut and the skin is covered with red ochre mixed with coconut oil or body’s own fats. Most of those mummies are kept in Macley Museum or other museums in Australia, as well as American collections.
(My emphases)
Source: MODERN DAY PLASTINATION TECHNIQUES - SUCCESSOR OF ANCIENT EMBALMMENT METHODS
That page is an http version of a .pdf file.

Please note the above info about the "occipital cut" made for brain removal.  The occipital bone is located at the back of the skull.
Now note what is said at your linked web page on the Austalia-Egypt connection:

On Darnley Island in Torres Strait, natives mummified their dead by removing their stomach contents. Then extracted the brains by making an incision through the nostrils with a bone instrument.

So, that author is lying to you in order to make this (now nonexistant) culture appear similar to that of the ancient Egyptians.

Makes one wonder what else he's lying about.  Let's see:

According to Cairo Times, in 1982, archaeologists working at Fayum, near the Siwa Oasis uncovered fossils of kangaroos and other Australian marsupials.

No kangaroos were found there.  That's a line of crapola fabricated for the purpose of the author's idiotic claim. There were however, marsupial fossils found there. (But not in any tomb, which you somehow seem to believe even though it dioesn't say that at your linked reference.)
Anyway, why is this a question at all?  Marsupials are found on practically every continent.  Opossums are marsupial.  Does that mean the Cherokee people sailed to Australia?

The Fayum sequence is an extremely rich and diverse fossil bed, and as such is extremely important in establishing the flora and fauna and accompanying environmental niches extant in Africa from the early Oligocene to the late Eocene. That puts the date on these fossils that supposedly are "Australian" at around 34 million years old.  Not to be forgotten is also the fact that these fossils were dug out of the ground, quarried in fact, and weren't lying around on the surface where some Australia-traveling Egyptian collector accidently dropped them or something.

Want more on the marsupials at Fayum?
Journal of Biogeography

Science Direct

Journal of Mammalogy vol 65

Journal of Mammalogy vol 66

Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics, Vol. 24.

more from your link:

The Tjuringa sacred stones of the Kimberley region include a sun symbol identical to that of the Aten.

Here's Aten:
linked-image

Here's the tjuringa stone:
linked-image

The resemblance is quite superficial.

Besides, most of these sacred stones supposedly depict clan totems and territories. True, they are believed in the Aborigine's religion to have been originally made by the ancient and mythic totems of the Dreaming.  But they by and large represent a bird's eye view of territories and clan symbols, as is plainly described in the following picture, taken from the webpage at this link:
http://www.janesoceania.com/australian_abo...logy/index1.htm

From that site:

linked-image

I don't have time to go into King Tut' Boomerangs today.  Anyone else up for that one?

QUOTE(Mad Manfred @ May 11 2007, 07:02 AM) View Post
Hell, the Chinese reached Australia all those years ago aswell...there's no reason Egypt couldn't have...it's roughly the same distance.

There's very good reason, and it's certainly not at all "roughly the same distance."

The Egyptians were rotten seafarers.  That's nothing to be ashamed of, really, since it was a long time ago and hardly anyone else around the Med. could do any better.  One prime exception to this was the Phoenecians.  Herodotus (though he lies so he's hard for me to use as a reference) says the Egyptians hired Phoenecians to circumnavigate Africa.  The tale is believable based on the position of the Sun described by the Phoenecian sailors upon their rounding of the southern continental tip (today's Cape of Good Hope.)

Please remember that the Egyptians made a huge deal out of their sailing prowess owing to their having sailed to Punt, which today is assumed to be located at the mouth of the Red Sea, just down the coast from Egypt!
Wanna see more on this? Okay:
http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/timelines/to...exploration.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Punt

http://www-ocean.tamu.edu/Quarterdeck/QD3....hatshepsut.html

http://www.ancient-egypt.org/index.html

If they'd been to Australia, believe me, we would know about it.  So would everybody else.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 11 May 2007 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#11    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,724 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

Pretty interesting. That'll be so cool if they actually did. And I'm not saying that haven't/didn't reach Australia.

Posted Image

#12    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,418 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

Pretty interesting. That'll be so cool if they actually did. And I'm not saying that haven't/didn't reach Australia.

Obviously though they were in touch with many merchants from the East... America.... etc... as proved by their the evidence of tobacco and the cannibus in the tombs.. http://soupasith03.tripod.com/id28.html
..  If you think about their apparent wealth and influence... what is to stop them from buying.. pirating ...or hiring a functional navy from another land...and using their talents..knowhow to further explore the world... It would explain a lot of   Egyptian influences over the world...as some of their scientists... merchants.,.. scholars.. soldiers would have been able to visit other nations... explored the world  and shared knowledge... traded  in this way!!!!

Edited by crystal sage, 12 May 2007 - 12:22 AM.

#13    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,724 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:10 AM

Obviously though they were in touch with many merchants from the East... America.... etc... as proved by their the evidence of tobacco and the cannibus in the tombs.. http://soupasith03.tripod.com/id28.html
..  If you think about their apparent wealth and influence... what is to stop them from buying.. pirating ...or hiring a functional navy from another land...and using their talents..knowhow to further explore the world... It would explain a lot of   Egyptian influences over the world...as some of their scientists... merchants.,.. scholars.. soldiers would have been able to visit other nations... explored the world  and shared knowledge... traded  in this way!!!!

That's still cool though, Crystal Sage.

Posted Image

#14    clothears60

clothears60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

In the article, they mention a pyramid near Penrith, i live in Penrith and have tried to find info on this pyramid but can't find any.
  Does anyone here have any info.

#15    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,724 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

I never heard about it, Clothears60. I'll see what I can find for you. Since I'm always nice like that.

Unless someone finds it first.

Edited by MoonPrincess, 12 May 2007 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users