Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon


  • Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#256    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,125 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

View PostActual Facts, on 20 June 2010 - 02:45 AM, said:

"We want to make clear that the existence of giant people [in ancient times] ... must be regarded as a scientifically certain fact." -- Louis Burkhalter, paleontologist, 1950

The physical evidence that historical giants used long bows has also been rediscovered: giant flint arrowheads cleverly labeled as "axes" by mainstream coverup community have also been recovered in Africa.

Posted Image

"Although the first find was made in the 1990s, the discovery of four giant axes has not been scientifically reported until now. Four giant stone hand axes, measuring over 30 cm long and of uncertain age, were recovered from the lake basin." -- Oxford University, September 2009

Giant Stone-Age Axes Found In African Lake Basin, University of Oxford, Sep 2009


Exactly.

Look at this, a standing spear made of stone by a huge giant: :

Posted Image

Now think of the animals these giants hunted...

-

Jeesh.

Edited by Abramelin, 24 June 2010 - 05:07 AM.


#257    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:13 AM

OMG!! This is proof that there were giant northmen roaming the earth!!!!  :D

Posted Image

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#258    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,782 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:51 AM




#259    Swede

Swede

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,566 posts
  • Joined:30 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

View PostLopez7vii, on 24 June 2010 - 02:34 AM, said:

"Blocked by the government" It may be possible. There are some things that are best kept secret from the public, but only for National Security. But I don't think this has to do in relation to National Security.

You are quite correct. The fact that the referenced paper is not readily accessible via "net" connections has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. It has to do with intellectual property rights and publication rights. The A.J.A. publication is readily available to anyone willing to put forth the effort to access such. The simple truth is that the "real stuff" is not always available on web-sites, and that those that use said medium as their sole source of information may find their data-base to be lacking.

Searcher - Although you have not specifically requested such, I will provide an abstract, as others may find it informative. Will attend to such this weekend.

.


#260    duriel

duriel

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:15 Jun 2010

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:05 AM

View PostHocus, on 15 August 2009 - 04:33 PM, said:

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.
it seems to me that everything was bigger in the past, including humans. This size difference is thought to be due to higher atmospheric oxygen levels (allowing diffusion through spiracles over greater distances) and higher temperatures (enhancing metabolism).

Attached Thumbnails

  • megalodon.jpg


#261    Drj312

Drj312

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Joined:07 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

View Postduriel, on 25 June 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

it seems to me that everything was bigger in the past, including humans. This size difference is thought to be due to higher atmospheric oxygen levels (allowing diffusion through spiracles over greater distances) and higher temperatures (enhancing metabolism).
humans did not exist during this time


#262    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

    Spartan Forever!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,744 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abu Dhabi, UAE

  • Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

i had read somewhere that A Human as a Giant is not possible, due to various factors like bipedalism, the gravity etc. i cant recollect where. any one help out?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#263    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

    Coffee expert extraordinair

  • Member
  • 3,845 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Belgium

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

View PostSwede, on 25 June 2010 - 02:18 AM, said:

You are quite correct. The fact that the referenced paper is not readily accessible via "net" connections has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. It has to do with intellectual property rights and publication rights. The A.J.A. publication is readily available to anyone willing to put forth the effort to access such. The simple truth is that the "real stuff" is not always available on web-sites, and that those that use said medium as their sole source of information may find their data-base to be lacking.

Searcher - Although you have not specifically requested such, I will provide an abstract, as others may find it informative. Will attend to such this weekend.

.


Thanks a bunch mate, I was going to look for it, but this of course is easier.

View Postduriel, on 25 June 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

it seems to me that everything was bigger in the past, including humans. This size difference is thought to be due to higher atmospheric oxygen levels (allowing diffusion through spiracles over greater distances) and higher temperatures (enhancing metabolism).

When the oxygen levels were high enough to make that kind of difference, there was no such thing as a human yet.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#264    over9millionyearsold

over9millionyearsold

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden

  • now its only 54.67 on the galactronium scale

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Such an entertaining thread.

Anyway why would anyone want to cover something like this up even if it did exist? What do they gain from it except the, "HAAHAHAH WE KNOW AND U DON'T!"? Why would the Church want to cover it up? After all it would prove a portion of the Bible, in fact, that the "Nephelim" did exist. Why would the governments of the world hide them? Do they emit some sort of mystical power source? Or were the bones accompanied with ridiculously advanced biochemical blueprints of how to create a lesser "human" slave race designed for the sole purpose of toiling away in a Factory of Eden? If so did they also leave behind advanced technology to control this slave race?

This is the sort of evidence the Church would be throwing in everyone's faces, everywhere.

Unless these "artifacts" provided some sort of means to manifest power or control over people in a tangible manner why would the government hide it (and that's assuming every government in the world is secretive, evil, big-brother, and conspirators)?

I can think of no sane plausible reason from hiding such things from the general populace. If giants existed, they are dead today, the only impact it has on our lives is a philosophical/psychological one (if you even would bother to care, I know I wouldn't). Would it change your life even if you knew humans were created as a slave race (or whatever other crazy conjecture of human origin)? Would you crawl in a hole and die because you feel no purpose in life? Regardless of what the past is, fact or fictional, it has no bearing on your life today; it is the present that was dictated by the past and the future dictated by the present (it's not like you are going to stop loving, go to work, or even eat). I just don't see how any sane person could consider the clandestine knowledge of giants a controlling factor over human society.

Some people need to get off the crazy horses they are on and read real science, which I assure you, is a thousand time more mind-blowing (if you take the time to try to understand it) than any of these fictional fringe fields of science.

Edited by over9millionyearsold, 26 June 2010 - 11:16 PM.


#265    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,381 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:33 AM

View Postduriel, on 25 June 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

it seems to me that everything was bigger in the past, including humans. This size difference is thought to be due to higher atmospheric oxygen levels (allowing diffusion through spiracles over greater distances) and higher temperatures (enhancing metabolism).

A. humans don't breath through spiracles. That only works for arthropods. The same argument has been raised for large lung breathers like dinosaurs though.

B. Humans, being mammals, are endothermic, not exothermic. Our metabolisms are self-regulating and therefore not enhanced by external heat sources.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#266    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,782 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

Once they find the tombs of the UNBA there will be no denying the giants.

(UNBA = Upper Nile Basketball Association)


#267    Swede

Swede

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,566 posts
  • Joined:30 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 25 June 2010 - 09:56 AM, said:

Thanks a bunch mate, I was going to look for it, but this of course is easier.



When the oxygen levels were high enough to make that kind of difference, there was no such thing as a human yet.

Searcher - Abstract; The author begins with a brief evaluation of the use of the double-bit axe from the perspective of warfare, wood harvest/carpentry, and religion. He points out that the religious application likely comes later and compares the use of such to the derivation of bishop's crozier from the shepherds crook. Further evaluation leads the author to suggest that the original axes had one edge maintained in a sharp form for felling and the other edge allowed to be somewhat duller for splitting. He thus concludes the the original use of the axe was by woodsman.

This, of course, could lead one to speculation as to why they became such a prominent religious symbol. My own thoughts here, but could it relate to the "dualism" concepts that are prevalent in other religious frameworks?

Another paper that you may have an easier time accessing is;

Vermeule, Emily Townsend
1959 "A Gold Minoan Double Axe". Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts. Vol 57, No. 307, pp. 4-16. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, USA.

Though a bit (no pun intended!) dated, the paper brings up some interesting points. Among them;

"The finds from Arkalochori are warlike in aspect, compared to the peaceful pottery, figurines, and libation tables of other Cretan caves. Although the axes are mostly miniatures, some are real tools, and the swords and daggers are genuinely lethal". Thus, the recovered axe artifacts would appear to cover quite a size range. If one were to follow the "giants" hypothesis, one would also have to entertain the idea that the Minoan population also included "wee folk". Quite an interesting demographic!

The report also includes a number of artifact photos. On page 12 is a photo of the Hagia Triada Sarcophagus. Depicted on this sarcophagus are large axes supported on sacred pillars fixed into round bases. While precise scaling is often found rather wanting in such depictions, it is rather clear the these ceremonial axes are notably over-sized.

Other aspects of the report are also of interest. Hope that you can access a copy.

.


#268    Piney

Piney

    Educated Redskin

  • Member
  • 2,752 posts
  • Joined:22 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pennsyvania

  • Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

View PostSwede, on 21 June 2010 - 02:26 AM, said:

Your attempt to present the pictured hand axes as projectile points (and arrow points at that!)is patently absurd. Given your apparent first-hand knowledge of lithic technology, one would be inclined to presume that you have observed the degree(!) of basal thinning. One may also suspect that you are personally aware of the lateral edge grinding often associated with the hafting of projectile points. Then one would need to spend a bit of time with the mathematical extrapolation of mass, i.e., most projectile points are measured on the scale of grams.

Said extrapolation will lead to a combination of factors of which there is no present qualified supportive evidence. Period.

I was just gonna say that they were typical hand axes produced by biface reduction.  :lol:
Hunter gathers used many wood containers such as canoes, mortars and cooking logs and you need a big two handed axe to make these items. I've seen 17 to 20lb. grooved axes from the Piedmont Tradition of the Late Archaic and those people averaged 5ft.


Lapiche

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#269    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,682 posts
  • Joined:10 Dec 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wales

  • "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

In masonry the double headed axe relates to the Lords of Sidon who allegedly felled trees for Noahs's Ark and where then left to drown. Also, heard it is a symbol synonymous with a butterfly which could be interpeted as dualistic.

Found this info and wondered if they had been debunked already.

In the book, The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, author John Haywood describes; "very large" bones in stone graves found in Williamson County, Tennessee, in 1821. In White County, Tennessee, an "ancient fortification" contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length.
In February and June of 1931, large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada. The first of these two skeletons found measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similar to the Egyptian manner. The second skeleton was almost 10 feet long.(Review - Miner, June 19, 1931).
George W. Hill, M.D., dug out a skeleton "of unusual size" in a mound of Ashland County, Ohio. In 1879, a nine-foot eight-inch skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana(Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975)
In 1875 workmen were constructing a bridge near the mouth of Paw Paw Creek at Rivesville. While digging through heavy clay soil they were astonished to uncover three giant skeletons strands of reddish hair clinging to the skulls. A local doctor was called to examine the remains and was able ascertain after careful measurement, the skeletons had supported people approximately 8 feet tall.

Gigantism often found in America, is not an  abberant mutation, but a genetic throwback to a 'time that was'. As variations in the environment put pressure on these groups, whether it be large predators or famine, numbers dwindled in the populations less suited to the environment. This eventually led to the situation today where most humans are between five foot and six foot 6inches.


http://www.users.on....atastrophes.htm

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#270    Piney

Piney

    Educated Redskin

  • Member
  • 2,752 posts
  • Joined:22 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pennsyvania

  • Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

View PostSlimJim22, on 28 June 2010 - 03:35 PM, said:

In masonry the double headed axe relates to the Lords of Sidon who allegedly felled trees for Noahs's Ark and where then left to drown. Also, heard it is a symbol synonymous with a butterfly which could be interpeted as dualistic.

Found this info and wondered if they had been debunked already.

In the book, The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, author John Haywood describes; "very large" bones in stone graves found in Williamson County, Tennessee, in 1821. In White County, Tennessee, an "ancient fortification" contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length.
In February and June of 1931, large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada. The first of these two skeletons found measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similar to the Egyptian manner. The second skeleton was almost 10 feet long.(Review - Miner, June 19, 1931).
George W. Hill, M.D., dug out a skeleton "of unusual size" in a mound of Ashland County, Ohio. In 1879, a nine-foot eight-inch skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana(Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975)
In 1875 workmen were constructing a bridge near the mouth of Paw Paw Creek at Rivesville. While digging through heavy clay soil they were astonished to uncover three giant skeletons strands of reddish hair clinging to the skulls. A local doctor was called to examine the remains and was able ascertain after careful measurement, the skeletons had supported people approximately 8 feet tall.

Gigantism often found in America, is not an  abberant mutation, but a genetic throwback to a 'time that was'. As variations in the environment put pressure on these groups, whether it be large predators or famine, numbers dwindled in the populations less suited to the environment. This eventually led to the situation today where most humans are between five foot and six foot 6inches.


http://www.users.on....atastrophes.htm

The red hair part has already been discussed but in a nutshell, black hair bleachs out to red after it dies and 90% percent of full blood American Indian babies with are born with red hair.
As for gigantism among the Ohio Moundbuilders, pituitary problems run heavy through the Algonquian gene pool (Swede can attest to this).

Lapiche

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users