Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#301    Garibaldi

Garibaldi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postjordiver, on 15 August 2009 - 02:37 PM, said:

4 meters tall? thats a 50cms dicky!!! oh, no more jokes. Interesting subject by the way, didnt know about this.
in peninsula iberica we dont need to be 4mts tall to have it....

#302    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,161 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostGaribaldi, on 07 December 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

in peninsula iberica we dont need to be 4mts tall to have it....

No, there they have grown arms and legs, lol.

Just kidding.

#303    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostWickian, on 07 December 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'm very open minded to the possibility of an unknown human ancestor(there was more than just us and the Neanderthals after all) having existed.  There was the pigmy breed called Homo floresiensis after all.  It isn't too far fetched for there to be a giant breed as well.

It does seem unlikely, but not entirely inconceivable that the religious folk in control at the time didn't want inconvenient discoveries that contradicted their teachings becoming public, so they got rid of the evidence.

Highly unlikely since giants would help support the belief of some that the bible is historically accurate ( reference to goliath)

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#304    AzTide

AzTide

In The Witness Protection Program

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

• Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 07 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

Considering that Jaylemurph hasn't posted in a very, VERY long time you do realize you're wasting your breath, right?

cormac

I don't care how long it's been really.... I come and go from this site and I hate how he attempts to bully people. And over the years he throws his own opinion or beliefs as all mighty facts.

Allot of new people over time have attempted to post or ask questions that interest them. And instead of either informing or teaching he bully's and belittles. It get's old trying to hear people ideals on subjects and hearing people like him and a few other trolls high jack the thread before it really gets going. Plus it chases other like minded people away. People come here and to other similar sites so that they won't be attack or scoffed at..

“He who controls the present controls the past”  George Orwell

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."  Thomas Jefferson

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

#305    chris.aomministries

chris.aomministries

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

I am up here on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico/Arizona. In speaking with Navajo elders, their traditions speak of giants that used to walk these lands that were cannibals, and that would hunt and eat their people. There is one story of how they managed to trap 7 of these giants in a cave, and then light it on fire and kill them. I would imagine there are giant skeletons here somewhere.

#306    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,673 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Which have turned up in Utah and Mormon folk law- they apparently had red hair and their discovery was covered up by (IIRC) the Smithsonian.
Or not, as the reality may be (Snopes debunked it a while ago).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#307    back to earth

back to earth

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

I dont really see the problem ... even for a Christian  re David and Goliath  ....     if they went so God damned literal about everything !

Posted Image

But some Christians have to twist things so stupidly that it makes them and their religion less believable ... I mean, what;s the point of that ?

Posted Image

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube....h?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU

#308    back to earth

back to earth

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

I come from a race of giants - once, we sent our giant leader over to meet the Chinese.

Posted Image

And if a bird can speak, who once was a dinosaur,
and a dog can dream; should it be implausible
that a man might supervise
the construction of light
https://www.youtube....h?v=RQ1JyLVd4ZU

#309    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 3,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hey Andre was just  7'4" and 500 pounds (224 cm and 225 kg)  a tiny giant

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem....................................................................Cormac mac airt......................2015

#310    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 8,643 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

He had some serious health issues as time went on.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#311    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 3,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 June 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

He had some serious health issues as time went on.

Many big people do usually with the back and joints which have problems with the weight.

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem....................................................................Cormac mac airt......................2015

#312    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 8,643 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, people tend to forget about scaling.
Human shaped is not the best for height.
Heck, our backs arent great for our average height.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#313    Hanslune

Hanslune

Poltergeist

• 3,179 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 June 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Yeah, people tend to forget about scaling.
Human shaped is not the best for height.
Heck, our backs arent great for our average height.

It’s called the Principle of Similitude.

It says doubling the size of an animal while keeping its proportions the same increases the cross-sectional area of its muscles and bones by a factor of four while increasing its weight by a factor of eight. Simply put, strength increases with the square of height while bulk increases with the cube. This principle explains (among many other things) why people can’t fly like birds — our weight is too great in relation to our strength.

#314    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 8,643 posts

• Oops.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Square cube law, was trying to remember.

-Terry Pratchett

#315    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,186 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

View Postchris.aomministries, on 05 June 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

I am up here on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico/Arizona. In speaking with Navajo elders, their traditions speak of giants that used to walk these lands that were cannibals, and that would hunt and eat their people. There is one story of how they managed to trap 7 of these giants in a cave, and then light it on fire and kill them. I would imagine there are giant skeletons here somewhere.

Maybe you mean the Lovelock Cave? Try typing it into the Unexplained Mysteries search engine.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Lovelock_Cave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users