Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do You Believe in a Higher Power?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    irish_princess

irish_princess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power & tell me your beliefs if you want?

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.If I don't then I refuse to believe.I'v dealt with evil things so I know there's evil out there that I need to rid the world of & I do it everyday even if I don't want too innocent.gif

#2    LONELY_1

LONELY_1

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

HMMMMMMMMMM you should have made a poll. Anyway, yes I do believe in God. It's always important to keep an open mind.

#3    irish_princess

irish_princess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

A POLL that would have been a good idea oh well thanx 4 posting anyway

#4    Shadow_Hill

Shadow_Hill

Cheese Toastie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power & tell me your beliefs if you want?

I believe in a Creator. If you want to read more about what I believe there's an entry in my blog here ... I'm in a lazy mood and can't be bothered to type it all out.  sleepy.gif

Posted Image

a discussion forum for freethinkers

#5    InnerSpace

InnerSpace

• 3,359 posts

• "Follow your bliss." J. Campbell

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Higher???

Posted Image
"Justice will not come . . . until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are." ~Thucydides

#6    Jim88

Jim88

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

• Knowing you don't know is superior. Not knowing you don't know is a sickness.

Tao Te Ching

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Yes, I believe there is a higher power.

1. Not to value and employ men of superior ability is the way to keep the people from rivalry among themselves; not to prize articles which are difficult to procure is the way to keep them from becoming thieves; not to show them what is likely to excite their desires is the way to keep their minds from disorder.

Tao Te Ching

#7    sbradj

sbradj

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

It's simple give me your take do you think there's a higher power

yes I believe that there is a higher power..

If you wanna read nice things, then go to your local floriest and read their nice note tags  

"I'm your huckleberry" Doc. Holliday

#8    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 8,026 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Not just a higher power, but a Supreme Creator of the universe, one who can be called God.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#9    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.

Why? There are plenty of things that cant be seen by our eyes...

And what if you lose an eye? Will you then disbelieve everything?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#10    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,933 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

Not just a higher power, but a Supreme Creator of the universe, one who can be called God.

I believe in a higher power, but not God.  Nature, not just of this Earth, the whole Universe is my higher power.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#11    Isis2200

Isis2200

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

HMMMMMMMMMM you should have made a poll. Anyway, yes I do believe in God. It's always important to keep an open mind.

Hi Lonely; I agree.  I believe in God, but feel it's so important to keep an open mind, as new things about our origins and the universe are being uncovered as time goes on.

linked-image

#12    marduk52

marduk52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

personaly for me I'm a logical thinking person I only believe what I see with my own two eye's.If I don't then I refuse to believe.I'v dealt with evil things so I know there's evil out there that I need to rid the world of & I do it everyday even if I don't want too innocent.gif

Absolutely!

One of the main reason's I believe in a higher power is because of the absence of transitional species in the fossil record.  If Darwin's theory is correct there should be a superabundance of transitional species in the fossil record...there are none.  
http://www.alternativescience.com/shatteri...f-darwinism.htm

#13    irish_princess

irish_princess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

thanx 4 replying keep em up!

Edited by irish_princess, 19 May 2007 - 07:06 PM.

#14    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

One of the main reason's I believe in a higher power is because of the absence of transitional species in the fossil record. If Darwin's theory is correct there should be a superabundance of transitional species in the fossil record...there are none.

*Sigh*

You really have no clue what a "trasitional species" is, do you? I'd debate with you, but I really dont feel like debating against a website, because I'm quite sure all you'll do is copy and paste text from some website with a name similar to "www.darwinism-is-crap.com" and claim it to be fact, and unfortunately you wont learn a single thing from my effort.

Let me ask you, what evidence do you have of a higher power?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#15    rev r

rev r

Dudeist Priest

• 1,039 posts

• Grass is Green;
    Sky is Blue

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

An omnipotent sentient being (or beings) that created or manages the universe? Absolutely not.

An unintelligent, abstract force that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the universe together? Possibly.

Two starving men arguing over which wax apple looks more real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users