Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Murders Based on Movies

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    Shush_rules

Shush_rules

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

I'd say media attracts people to copy what they see or here. An example is Gang shootings, probably influenced by people like 50 Cent and other Gangsta rappers, games and films can do this at times to.

lol, yes, undoubtedly gang shootings are influenced by 50 cent and gangster rap... espcially now... seeing as everyone views 50 cent as a gangsta rapper.

As for the whole movies influencing people to kill, i recall something i read in a paper or saw on the news about some bloke killing a small number of people because he was afraid they were going to turn in Agents from The Matrix.

In my oppinion people don't kill because of movies, music or books. If a person has an inclination towards murder then he's going to kill someone, maybe movies or music just give him/her an idea as to how to do it in a more interesting way. And as for violent games causing violence, isn't that just the governemnts argument to put a ban on violent video games?

"There ain't no heroes no villians, ain't no pleasure in killing, just the smoke from the cap peeling a man with no feeling, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets"

#47    Scream

Scream

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:49 AM

So actually we should say like the killer did in Scream: Horror movies don't create pshycho's, horror movies make psycho's more creative?

You Like Scary Movies?

#48    Antikythera

Antikythera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:21 AM

"On June 15, 2007 a 28 year old man, Björn Jue, was strapped to a chair and tortured to death in the town of Pernis, The Netherlands. The suspected murderers are said to have been inspired by Hostel: Part II and chose Jue as victim after Jue's ex-girlfriend alleged he had molested his 5-year old son. Two police officers arrived at the scene after calls that Jue was "held against his will". Jue was screaming for his life. However, the officers did not enter the house and were told by superiors at the police department to wait for backup, which had to come from Rotterdam. When additional police arrived half an hour later, the screaming had stopped. Jue died at the scene. Full details were not disclosed so as to not compromise the investigation."

A movie can't drive one to kill. A movie can inspire someone to kill in a particularly gruesome way, but it can't be blamed for the person's want to kill in the first place.

#49    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

lol, yes, undoubtedly gang shootings are influenced by 50 cent and gangster rap... espcially now... seeing as everyone views 50 cent as a gangsta rapper.

Not true at all

Gang shootings have always happened as long as guns have been on the streets. 50 cent just raps about it and the gang life which is appealing to people who have nothing to lose. Turf wars and rivalry are responsible for most gang shootings not 50 snitch.

As for the whole movies influencing people to kill, i recall something i read in a paper or saw on the news about some bloke killing a small number of people because he was afraid they were going to turn in Agents from The Matrix.

This guy was a nut plain and simple.

In my oppinion people don't kill because of movies, music or books. If a person has an inclination towards murder then he's going to kill someone, maybe movies or music just give him/her an idea as to how to do it in a more interesting way. And as for violent games causing violence, isn't that just the governemnts argument to put a ban on violent video games?

I think to some point that such content in a way desensitizes people to extreme violence. This being said it takes a certain type of perspective and mind set to be able to commit a murder in true horror fashion.

Movie, book, games etc do not make people go out and kill, they would have done it eventually anyway.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#50    Wolvenblood

Wolvenblood

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

I reckon the way the "300" internet meme has been passed around it's only a matter of time before someone gets kicked down a well.

#51    Carcharoth

Carcharoth

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

Considering how Godawful the Scream movies are, I'd probably also feel compelled to kill someone if I had to watch that crap again.

Edited by Carcharoth, 25 November 2007 - 01:11 AM.

All our days are numbers
We bear the face of men
The rain, the skies are changing
But I will fly again

#52    fallin421

fallin421

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

This is all very intriguing but I have a question. Was this the first horror movie they ever seen? Now i have to assume no it wasn't, so why not another movie. For example Scream was mentioned alot in these post and to be honest there is anything special about it a person in a costume stabs ppl with a knife. Now im sure you can think of dozen other mainstream horror flicks that have the same underlining plot. One that really pops into my head is the Halloween movies i think that guy was far more scarier then a ghostface or even Friday the 13th. They also had alot more creative ways of killing there victims that honestly would stand out alot more then stabbed with a knife. Now I haven't done any research into movie based murders so i might be wrong and there could be alot based on other movies. So why is it that after seeing Scream or another horror flick do they say "hey that was cool lets go mimic it" though previous movie they have seen didn't trigger the same reaction? So as far as movies or other medias making ppl want to do murderous act i thinks its a loud of *cough* and like few mentioned just a escape goat encase they get caught. Just my 2 cents.

#53    sage0409

sage0409

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:25 AM

I think these killers had it in them anyway, they just didn't have the imagination and needed a movie to inspire them. That's it, unimaginative future murderers.

There is no fundamental difference between man and the higher animals in their mental faculties... The lower animals, like man, manifestly feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery.
--Charles Darwin

#54    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:39 AM

sage0409 on Dec 12 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

I think these killers had it in them anyway, they just didn't have the imagination and needed a movie to inspire them. That's it, unimaginative future murderers.

If I were to kill someone I would do it in brilliant fashion each one a work of art.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#55    knightcrusaders

knightcrusaders

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:47 PM

JASON and FREDDY are the worst nightmare of all

#56    knightcrusaders

knightcrusaders

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

ALIEN and PREDATOR also rocks but scary

#57    Mademoiselle

Mademoiselle

Poltergeist

• 2,432 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:32 PM

glynne64 on May 30 2007, 01:08 AM, said:

UGH!  I'm so sick & tired of people not taking responsibility for their own actions!  mad.gif   No movie, video game nor music can make you kill.  If it did, I would have been locked up soooo long ago.  I grew up watching all the  gunsmilie.gif Dirty Harry's, Death Wishes & most all other unacceptable, violent movies. gunsmilie.gif  I also grew up listening to groups like  clap.gif AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. clap.gif     So why haven't I killed?  Uh, cause I know the difference between right & wrong.  I'm not saying I've never dreamed of "getting even", but violence is not an option.

So if you go out & kill someone, you better hope BIG TIME that I'm not on your jury.  No sympathies here.  devil.gif

I totally agree

La vie est un long fleuve tranquille .....

#58    Scream

Scream

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

christinebc on Nov 19 2007, 11:21 AM, said:

"On June 15, 2007 a 28 year old man, Björn Jue, was strapped to a chair and tortured to death in the town of Pernis, The Netherlands. The suspected murderers are said to have been inspired by Hostel: Part II and chose Jue as victim after Jue's ex-girlfriend alleged he had molested his 5-year old son. Two police officers arrived at the scene after calls that Jue was "held against his will". Jue was screaming for his life. However, the officers did not enter the house and were told by superiors at the police department to wait for backup, which had to come from Rotterdam. When additional police arrived half an hour later, the screaming had stopped. Jue died at the scene. Full details were not disclosed so as to not compromise the investigation."

A movie can't drive one to kill. A movie can inspire someone to kill in a particularly gruesome way, but it can't be blamed for the person's want to kill in the first place.

I live in The Netherlands, close to Rotterdam. I also heard about this on the news. But another reason the police would not go inside is because they just did not want to and were frightened or something. The victim was tortured though.

You Like Scary Movies?

#59    Rockerchick2008

Rockerchick2008

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

I disagree that movies encourage killing (mainly because ive seen the scream movies a hundred times and the killers die each time....) but it comes down to personal responsibility, admitting that you messed up and parents actually knowing what their kids are up to and doing, its so easy for society to blame movies or music or video games, its called raise your kids right, whoop their butts when needed and be aware of whats going on. Call your kids on their mess ups, we can't hide our children from the world they need to live and learn, but they also need to have boundries...parents may wanna take a look at themselves and kids first before passing on the blame.

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."
                                                                                                  -Edgar Allan Poe

#60    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

The predisposition to kill someone lies in a person before being subject to violence.
Before I get done you people will know my lifestory.

My brother set my mothers bed on fire when he was 2 and a half years old (childproof) crawled in bed with her and waited. (they are both fine)

It is not movies that make killers, movies just give them something to hide behind.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users