Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Murders Based on Movies

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Oh my God are you joking? He did this purposely? He was actually planning this at the age of 2? I find that hard to believe.

I loved the first Scream movie. I still own it. It came out when my daughter was about 14 or 15. She loved that movie. We watched that thing so many times. I don't believe any movie would make anyone kill. They were thinking about that before the movie if they say that. These kind of movies don't make me feel violent they make me scared.

#62    EricOfBodom

EricOfBodom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-- Sri Chinmoy Ghose

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Dark_Ambient on May 29 2007, 02:57 AM, said:

When  Stanely Kubricks movie A Clockwork Orange was introduced into Britain after a seven year ban there were many copy cat crimes commited in relation to the events shown in the movie. There is sometimes a direct correlation to a movie and a crime. It's as simple as that. It's easy and only half right to say that all (every single violent act you have ever seen or heard through the media hasn't influenced anybody ever) violence in the movies isn't at all responcible for inspiring any crimes whatsoever by anyone ever.

that was a weird moive

There was once a man who was terrified of his own shadow and lived in fear of the sound of his own footsteps. Walking along one day he entered a panic and tried to flee at top speed. But as fast as he ran, his shadow and footsteps kept up with him and made him run all the faster, until he finally collapsed of exhaustion and died.If he had only sat down in the shade of a tree, he would no longer have have been able to see his shadow or hear his own footsteps.

#63    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

You can blame a movie or video game for the inspiration for the costume, the cuts, or shots made, the weapon used.

You cannot blame a movie or video game for the psychosis that causes immense obsession with violence, or the drive or motivation to kill someone. that is what the crime comes from. at least with these movies and video games you can track the criminals down, which is not the case with serial killers that kill in pattererns or randomly.

Besides remember people were killing using the Canturbury Tales, the Bible, and other literature for inspiration for their killings before movies ever were invented.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#64    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

‘Natural Born Killers’ fan charged with strangling girlfriend

By CROCKER STEPHENSON and RYAN HAGGERTY
Posted: July 22, 2008

Eric Tavulares was fascinated with the movie “Natural Born Killers.”

Click to enlarge

Eric Tavulares strangled his childhood sweetheart, Aljubouri.

He told police he has seen it 10 or 20 times. He told police, according to a complaint filed Monday, that he had been watching it Friday night, the night he strangled his childhood sweetheart, 18-year-old Lauren Aljubouri.

According to the complaint:

Tavulares, also 18, told police he has had known Aljubouri since the second grade and that they had been dating on and off since the sixth grade.

Aljubouri, who graduated in January from Arrowhead High School in Waukesha County, got home around 10:45 p.m. Friday.

She and Tavulares lived in an apartment in the 2400 block of N. Frederick Ave., not far from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where Aljubouri planned to study graphic design. Tavulares planned to study fire science at Milwaukee Area Technical College.

Tavulares told police they began watching “Natural Born Killers,” a 1994 movie directed by Oliver Stone in which the murder spree of two psychopathic lovers becomes a media obsession.

They stopped the movie about halfway, Tavulares said, and went to bed.

“He stated he does not recall exactly what happened next,” the complaint says, “but something caused him to switch mentally and he rolled over on Lauren Aljubouri and he began strangling her.”

Within three or four minutes, Tavulares said, Aljubouri was dead.

CONT:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=774889

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#65    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Who is Drew Peterson?

#66    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

conspiracybeliever on Jul 22 2008, 05:13 PM, said:

Who is Drew Peterson?

Drew Peterson (born January 6, 1954), is a former Bolingbrook, Illinois police sergeant and alleged double-murderer who has received nationwide attention in the United States for becoming a suspect in a police investigation following the death of his third wife and subsequent disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.[1][2] Peterson has repeatedly denied involvement in both cases.
Contents

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacy_Peterson

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#67    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

Ok that's right. I knew the name sounded familiar. I read once that the rate of abusing wives is much higher with policemen. It was something like 45%. They convicted Scott Peterson with basically no evidence I wonder why this guy isn't in jail.

#68    EricOfBodom

EricOfBodom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"-- Sri Chinmoy Ghose

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

ravergirl on Jul 22 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

You can blame a movie or video game for the inspiration for the costume, the cuts, or shots made, the weapon used.

You cannot blame a movie or video game for the psychosis that causes immense obsession with violence, or the drive or motivation to kill someone. that is what the crime comes from. at least with these movies and video games you can track the criminals down, which is not the case with serial killers that kill in pattererns or randomly.

Besides remember people were killing using the Canturbury Tales, the Bible, and other literature for inspiration for their killings before movies ever were invented.

I just said that Clock Work Orange was a weird movie.

There was once a man who was terrified of his own shadow and lived in fear of the sound of his own footsteps. Walking along one day he entered a panic and tried to flee at top speed. But as fast as he ran, his shadow and footsteps kept up with him and made him run all the faster, until he finally collapsed of exhaustion and died.If he had only sat down in the shade of a tree, he would no longer have have been able to see his shadow or hear his own footsteps.

#69    homzy040387

homzy040387

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

explain why adverts spend millions on a minute long film in convincing u to buy something, and a hour n half long film depicting murder has no effect on anyone lol

#70    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostScream, on 09 October 2007 - 06:49 AM, said:

So actually we should say like the killer did in Scream: Horror movies don't create pshycho's, horror movies make psycho's more creative?

Exactly.

Movies, books, songs, games are not the cause of someone becoming a psychopathic killer. Yes, they may give them ideas of how to do something, but the desire to kill is already present. And it can be seen from an early age.

Most of the issues come from a lack of good parenting - not that they are not loving parents, but they either discipline the child too much or not enough... yes, there is a perfect balance - it's discipline and teaching self-discipline as well as rewarding proper behavior (and by that proper behavoir is not skinning the neighbor's cat while it's alive). Teach the kid right from wrong - that is the job of the parent, not the school, not the community. Unfortunately, many parents don't know right from wrong.

I could go on, but do i really need to?

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users