Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dead Man Walking

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:10 AM

I met a man some years ago.  We met through mutual friends.  He was smart, articulate and funny.  For two and a half years we dated.  We shared everything from our hearts, to family stories, to common interests and children.  We saw eachother everyday and if we couldn't see eachother we talked on the phone.  After two and a half years we began to discuss moving in together and the five of us making a family.  I have two children and he had one.  I began looking for a home to share.  My love (I will call him Pete) was to leave on a business trip.  I last saw Pete on Sunday the first week in June of 1990.  The very next day he was to leave on his trip.  On Wednesday of that same week I received a phone call from the woman taking care of Pete's daughter Sammy.  I was to pick Sammy up that day and was as usual running late.  I thought Leslie(Sammy's care taker) was calling to know when I would be arriving.  Instead, Leslie told me that Pete had never left for his trip and she was wondering if Pete was with me.  At that time, Pete and I lived in two seperate towns only fifteen miles apart.  I traveled to Junction to check into Pete's missing.  I went to Pete's home with Sammy(she was then 13 years old).  We searched Pete's home and found nothing out of place.  Pete's car keys and house keys were on his desk as per usual when he would arrive home.  Pete's billfold was also there.  Everything seemed as if he had only left home for a short time and was planning to return.  Later I discovered through friends and people who saw Pete that his actions were strange that Monday night.  As I said Pete was to leave on a Monday for a business trip.  That Monday night he was in three different bars, all owned and operated by friends of Pete.  In each bar he was collecting money stating that he was expecting someone to arrive that night and if he didn't have the money he didn't know what was going to happen.  In all he collected over $600.00 .  Pete was not a gambler and was not a drug user.  I had met all of his friends and the only other family member aside from his daughter.  Pete's parents both had died some years prior to our meeting.  Pete had one sister, whom he had little contact.  Pete was last seen outside of a bar on the Main street of Junction.  (Junction is a very small town of only 1300 people.)  The time was about 1:30a.m. .  He was seen in a squatted position talking to three black men, all of whom were standing over him.  This was strange for two reasons.  One, there were no blacks in this small town.  Two, Pete was a bit prejudice.  Although Pete was a kind, gentle human being and enjoyed all kinds of different people, he was prejudiced towards black persons.  I am not very proud saying this about someone I loved but it is a reality.  I never knew the reason why.  After 1:30a.m., no one saw Pete again.  Two months later, I was told that Pete had been found.  He was found in a car in a deep revine.  The weather that summer in Iowa had been particularly hot and humid.  In fact we had record temperatures.  Farmers lost crops due to the weather and many older citizens had succombed to death due to the weather.  Upon getting the call I went to Junction to investigate for myself what had happened.  I was told by authorites that they had identified Pete by military records.  I informed authorities that Pete had never been in any branch of the service.  Then I was told that Pete had been identified through dental records.  Pete was originally from Michigan.  The records there had been destroyed in a fire and Pete had never been to a dentist in Iowa.  I asked to see the body of Pete but was informed that I was not allowed.  I asked who had identified Pete and was told a friend.  I went to the friend and he kept telling me that he had seen the body and that it was Pete.  When I pressed harder, the friend finally admitted that he had never seen the body and was never shown photographs.  The only identification came through the fact that apparently Pete had borrowed the car he was found in and that the friend who had loaned the car, had identified the car.  There was a memorial service for Pete.  His friends were there, his daughter, his sister (whom arrived the day of the memorial and left the day of the memorial), everyone was there.  No one talked.  It was the most silent funeral/memorial I have ever attended.  Later I tried through the funeral home to ascertain information about the body that was supposed to be Pete.  The funeral home director claimed to have no information.  I asked for an obituary and there was none.  Later the same funeral director claimed to have never had the memorial of Pete in his funeral home.  I was there, as were all the others.  How could this director claim such a falsehood?  Friends told me to look for Pete's death record hoping that this would give me some information.  I did so and found that there is not a death record for Pete.  There also is not a birth record for Pete.  I have checked with Social Security Administration, also no death record, as well as no birth record.  Since Pete's death my son, my daughter and I have seen him on three different occasions.  One time he was standing directly in front of us.  The three of us stood there in disbelief.  As if in a trance, we all walked foward to approach Pete.  Pete turned and walked away.  We could not find him again in the crowd.  Pete was a tall man of 6'7".  He was thin and muscular.  He had/has blonde hair and a distinctive moustache.  I have so many questions after thirteen years.  Most of all, is how could he leave his daughter?  Pete and Sammy were very close.  Pete was a good father to Sammy and I can not see him leaving his daughter willingly.  For the past thirteen years my children and I have received phone calls.  Sometimes no one is there.  Sometimes we are recorded and the machine plays back our answering of the phone.  Sometimes the caller talks to me telling me not to go up the hill.  Pete was found on Isley Hill(south 61).  Sometimes the caller tells me what I am wearing and where I was that day.  Interestingly though my children and I have never felt threatened by these calls.  It is almost as if we know they are from Pete, what we don't understand is why he doesn't come out and tell us what happened.  I have changed my phone number three different times.  To no avail.  The calls still come.  I have moved with my children only to have Pete's car found in front of my house.  The car is always empty and we never see the person get in the car to drive it away.  One day my daughter stayed home from school (she was in high school at the time) due to a bad cold.  She called me at work asking me to come home.  She had seen Pete's car in front of the house and it apparently had been there for several hours.  It took me two minutes to get home.  The car was gone.  My children are grown.  My daughter is studying at college in another state.  My son lives with me while saving money to leave in the fall.  Two years ago I updated my home and created a small apartment in the basement.  My son lives in this apartment.  He works two jobs and is often not at home except late at night.  He has put his own telephone line in and is now receiving calls from what we call "Pete's line".  Naturally we are perplexed and dismayed.  I would like to have an answer to this mystery.  I lead a fairly normal life with routines and daily schedules.  I have not dated since Pete.  Mostly due to being busy and because I am still looking for answers.  This is the only bizarre thing that has happened in my life.  Now, I question everything.  Did I really know Pete?  Was that his real name?  Did I not know something about him that caused this to happen?  If he is alive, where is he?  Is he really our caller?  Is he the person behind the car that sits in front of our home and our past home?  Why did he leave his daughter?  The money he collected, why did he leave it on his desk if he needed it so badly?  Why was he collecting money, when he had money in the bank?  Where do I go to look next?  I have contacted Iowa State law enforcement.  They say they are investigating.  I have heard nothing for two months.  It just seems strange to me that someone can disappear in this manner and no one else seems to have questions.  An interesting fact I un-covered during my query.  In Junction, there are thirteen people missing or have died in freakish accidents.  In all cases of the freakish accidents, authorities have suspected foul play but the cases have gone cold.  
I would appreciate comments, advice, thoughts.  Anything could help.  
Thank you

#2    Ruthie

Ruthie

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• Life after death? -Yes, please!

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:29 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum peacelover!

That was some weird stuff you wrote about!
I guess I don't have any anwsers to give, but I wish you luck with finding the thruth!

Hugs from Ruthie!  

When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there.

Quote George W. Bush.

#3    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:35 AM

I'm with Ruthie I'm afraid......I really have no explanation to give you sorry.  I'm sure somebody here will be more helpful though.

Best of luck

#4    OneEye

OneEye

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:40 AM

Yes, best of luck, and sorry about your loss. sad.gif  

#5    ghost se'er 101

ghost se'er 101

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 03:52 AM

i just want to say good luck!!! thumbsup.gif

(i felt bad that i dident say something before)

#6    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:57 PM

What happened to his Daughter? Could it be her calling you and driving her Dads old car? What does his Sister think happened?

#7    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:47 PM

Hey Peacelover,

I am truly sorry for your loss.

I am in the process of losing someone very close to me at the moment and it hurts like hell.

It is tempting to think of scenarios for these strange occurances, but i am sure that speculation is all you have and that is quite painfull enough without us adding to your concerns.

I hope you find the answers you seek.

Love Stamford

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#8    Loque

Loque

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:13 PM

i gotta ask, why didn't his sister stay longer, i understand if they didn't like each other, but still?

well when my real dad was still alive (he died from lung cancer) i hadn't talked to him for a long time since i fell out with him? i later moved counties several times and he moved further north, but i turned up at his funeral, stayed there for a few days and even said a speech. Even though i dispised him.

Also if i was you i would press is sister and daughter for more info?

Posted Image

#9    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:03 PM

Peacelover,

My condolences. My only thought that comes to mind is Witness Protection.  Maybe he's in now or was previously. But feeling is that he is in their right now and unfortunately he feels it be safer for you and his daughter if you didn't know anymore. His calls to you are reassurance that he still is alive and watching over you.   Sucks... but like i said.. might be the best thing for all of you for other safety reasons unknown.

Best of luck

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#10    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 11 December 2003 - 12:50 AM

Peacelover accidently posted his reply to everyone via the 'report this post' option, so it was emailed to us mods instead of being posted. I will copy and paste it here for you to read:

Dear Members:
Thank you to everyone who has responded to my true story of Pete (Dead Man
Walking).  Some of you have written words of thought, regret for Pete and the
loss of his life and to extend words of encouragement and support.  I also
appreciate those whom have written to express ideas of where to look next for
answers.  Some of suggested that I find the sister of Pete or his
Daughter/Sammy.  Pete's sisters' name is Susan and at last knowledge lived in
Arkansas.  She was getting a divorce at the time of Pete's disappearance/death.
She did not use the family name but rather her married name.  I did not know it
then and I do not know it today.  I suppose it is possible that she may have
remarried and moved to another state.   As for Pete's daughter/Sammy.  I was
told that Sammy lived with her Mother for a time in Southern Iowa before moving
to be with her Aunt in Arkansas.  I have been told that Sammy joined the
military and lives in Alaska.  I have also been told that Sammy lives in
Antartic, Arkansas.  When I tried to check into the latter, I found that there
is not an"Antartic, Arkansas".  I believe the two people passing along this
information probably did not have much themselves and tried to give only what
they themselves might have been told.  In other words I do not know if any of
this information is correct.  To answer those who thought that maybe it could be
Sammy who sits in the car in front of my home from time to time.  I suppose at
this juncture anything is possible, but if she actually does live in Alaska or
Arkansas, it would be an awfully long trip just to play a hoax.  Also, Sammy and
I were very friendly together.  We did have two and a half years to know each
other before her Father's disappearance/death  After Pete's death/disappearance
I saw Sammy a few times at her Mother's home.  The thing that puzzled me was
that although she expressed missing her Father, Sammy did not seem particularly
upset about his death.  Sammy's mother/Vickie seemed more sad about the death of Pete.  Each time I saw her she cried.  I did not see Sammy again until she was
about 16.  Sammy was tall like her Father.  She was also thin like him and
already had a muscular build for a young girl.  She looked so much like her Dad
(save the fact that Sammy has brown hair).  Sammy was with three other young
girls.  We talked for a while.  We shared a slushy together.  Sammy told me
about her life with her Mother and about the possiblity of her going to live
with her Aunt to finish out her high school education.  After that visit there
was only one other time that I saw Sammy.  She showed up at my new home
un-announced.  She had arrived to say good-bye before leaving.  Sammy and my two junior high children spent the afternoon laughing, talking and playing like old
long lost friends.  (Which is what they were.)  Sammy thanked us for looking for
her Father when we thought he was missing those months in the summer of 1990.
She expressed dismay at the fact that besides herself, myself and my children
none of his friends or family had looked for him then.  I was afraid to tell her
that I was/am still looking for him.  I was afraid to tell her that I thought he
was still alive.  Because I had no actual proof (other than the three sightings
my children and I had witnessed) I thought perhaps it better to let her think
her Father was dead.  Sammy was a young girl then embarking on a new life
somewhere else.  I did not want to send her with grief or worry.  Sammy left our
home early the same evening of the day she had come to visit.  We hugged
good-bye and exchanged photos and promises to stay in touch.  Unfortunately, I
never heard from Sammy again.  Today, Sammy would be about 23 years old.  I have no real information on Sammy's aunt/Susan or her mother/Vickie.  One last note. I believe that both Pete and his older sister/Susan were both adopted.  Both
parents of Susan and Pete had died prior to my meeting Pete.  The parents had
died of alcohol related diseases.  One died in Michigan, the other in
California.  Pete's parents had divorced when he was about 15 years of age.
Pete had lived with his Mother until falling in with the wrong crowd of young
thieves.  Pete had gotten involved with a group of kids practiced at the art of
stealing cars.  My understanding was that this group had gotten so good at their
wrongful deeds that the FBI had become involved.  Pete cooperated with law
enforcement and helped to dismantle the ring and to capture the leaders of the
group which un-known to Pete were connected with the mafia.  After this
altercation Pete went to live with his Father in Michigan, where he had also
been born.  (As I was told by Pete)  Pete's Father had worked for the Ford Motor
Company for over 25 years before retiring and opening his own company of
manufacturing parts for the Ford Motor Company. 
Anyway, Thank you again to all those who wrote comments, advice, support and
expressions of sorrow for the loss of Pete.  I wish you all could have known
him.  He was a character. 

Thanks again Peacelover

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#11    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:23 AM

Dear Site Members:
I am still looking for help.  I am in need of suggestions, thoughts, advice and/or new ideas for finding Pete.  

If you have not read the story of Pete you may find it on this forum.  It is entitled:  "Dead Man Walking" with a topic description of "don't know if he is dead or alive".  

Briefly:  Pete is a man I met in 1987.  He went missing the first week in June of 1990.  The car he had borrowed from a friend was found in a very deep revine in August of 1990.  There was a body inside.  Pete was never officially identified.  The owner of the car identified the car and authorities then assumed that it was Pete in the car.  The body in the car was badly decomposed.  The summer of 1990 was particularly hot and humid in Iowa.  You can imagine what the body must have looked like after two months in a revine.  

The car that was found was a light gray/silver two tone, with a dark gray top.  There were no skid marks found on the road to indicate the driver trying to stop the car from leaving the road.  This indicates that either the driver was asleep or already dead when the car left the road.  The car was found as stated in a deep revine off the highway of South 61.  The road has been called Isley Hill ever since I was a kid.  

No one ever accurately checked to see if this was Pete.  I am still trying to find out what happened.  This much I do know:  Pete was a single father with custody of his daughter Sammy.  Pete was 6'7" tall.  He had/has a distinctive moustache, blonde hair and had/has a muscular build.  Originally from Michigan and a former student at the University of Michigan.  Pete was 35 when he went missing.  Because there was a body found in the car and everyone assumed it was Pete, there was a memorial service held for Pete.  Later when I tried to investigate this case on my own I discovered that the Stacy-Lewis Funeral Home did not have obituary records for Pete.  The director informed that upon checking records, that they(the funeral home)also did not have records of a memorial service for Pete.  

There are no death records for Pete and also no birth records.  It is almost as if he did not exist.  I spent almost three years of my life knowing and loving Pete.  We were very close and had planned a future together.  

I have actually seen Pete on three different occasions.  I do not believe he is dead.  My children(now grown)have seen Pete as well.  We have received phone calls for the past thirteen years.  Sometimes the caller says nothing.  Sometimes the caller plays a recording for us.  Sometimes the caller speaks telling me no to go up the hill.  (I am assuming that the caller is talking about Isley Hill).  My family believes that these calls could be from Pete.  I belive this as well.  

I would urge site members to please send your help.  I have been bothered by this for the past thirteen years.  I am still looking.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Peacelover  

#12    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:31 AM

This may seem like obvious advice but, i'll give it anyway. Check all police reports, coronary reports, mortuary reports, autopsy reports, especially about the body, it the body is roughly the same height as pete then assume that it was him. You can go alot deeper, perhaps hire a private investigator, check with the phone companys to trace the caller who keeps calling you, have you gone to the hill he tells you not to go to? It may be worth checking out, sometimes people like that are trying reverse psychology on you to tell you non-directly to go there, in hopes that your curiousity might unearth something, the circumstances are very strange indeed. well thats all i have....

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#13    babel

babel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:58 PM

Sorry for your loss, Peacelover.

Your phone is tapped. When your daughter called you to come look at the car parked outside, someone was listening in and ordered the car to drive off. I don't want to make you paranoid, but you probably have people following you too.

To take it further, your phone is _illegally_ tapped. Even if Pete is in a witness protection program, the phones of his friends can't be legally tapped.

So, what you are looking for is an organization that has:
1. The technology to tap your phone.
2. The time and manpower to have you under surveillance.
3. The motivation to invest manpower into your case. My guess is you know something and they are afraid you'll blow the whistle.
4. The political influence to get away with illegal actions.
5. The means to spread disinformation and remove/alter/fake records.

I don't think it is an organized crime organization. I doubt they have the manpower or means to get into records. The style (phone calls, intimidations, disinformation) sounds like a classic covert government operation. This is your taxes at work. This organization is a hidden branch of the government, operating outside the limits of the law. It probably origins somewhere in the military intelligence, and is staffed with military personnel.

You won't get any help from the police. Either they are subdued by this organization, or they are tricked by it. I agree with Blood Angel, you need an independant private investigator. Don't call one, though, since your phoneline is insecure. First call someone and make an appointment. Then, instead of going to the appointment, visit a private eye in secret. The appointment is just a diversion for whomever is listening in on your call.

Since you are under surveillance, they will always be a step ahead of you. A private investigator might prove very useful as long as they do not know you hired one.

#14    Nate

Nate

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:55 PM

If what he says is true then maybe you should get one of those bug detectors and see if it finds any in your phone or around your house...

#15    digitalprincess

digitalprincess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• We are travelers in this universe, eternal glory is ours for all eternity ....only if we are worthy of it.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:34 AM

Re: Your lost loved one.

I sincerely offer my symphaty to you and your family.  It is one of the most puzzling lost of a loved one, in your case.

Here is the site that could probably help you understand (note: cant trust the
ruling parties in our society, not ever, only us civilians trust each other)

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Bases.html

Believed me, your boyfriend has been deleted or erased.
He could be alive, but he might be under their influenced, you know him better, and trust in your instincts. Or he is already dead, but that body in that funeral is not him, very sure and positive. Im not experienced but, if you notice about many unusual things happen during his disappearance and mysterious call keep on tracking you, do you think its the work of an ordinary citizen that can able to locate you no matter how you hide ? Believed me they have that technology to locate us everywhere they hide, not only aliens, but those people who make a huge daily lie to us, they are in power, right now....but not forever. Their secret society of doing dark works will be exposed on the house tops, when Jesus reigns and all the wicked will have their just rewards.

As for now, my advice is,  don't let this events overtake you and your family's life, living in fear and uncertainty if probaby so extremely exhausting both to your body, mind and spirit.  Live normal life, accept things wether good or bad as it is, this is mortality, we will have to face adversity and trials during this earth life.  Try to pray to God, for comfort and pour out your heart to him, he will ease your burden and gives you peace of mind.  Someday, you will know the truth to what happened to Pete, and those responsible who works secret combination of darkness will pay for what they did to Pete, and to others too.

Are you not wondering so many missing people from children to 50 years old? They are missing persons in your daily mail, hundreds of missing persons every month.  Imagine, if its the work of a serial killer or cannibal, they dont have enough room to store it.  Also, rapist or cannibals will be overwhelmed by so many bodies to dispose.  

Also, most of these missing persons leave without a trace of their dead bodies to be found, isn't it very obvious who did it?

Below are the probable suspects:
1. Aliens
2. Aliens and Govt. working for experiments together in exchange of technology, knowledge, weapons, space crafts, science projects, humans are under the experiment of their various projects, which is loved by aliens underneath our surface earth or outer space aliens. (Note: Aliens are advance in technology and intelligence, but not human emotions or beauty. Aliens dont need our technology, they need our bodies to study us, and who helped them?, you know it.)
3. Vampires
4. Cannibals
5. Unknown beasts or creatures

Honestly, you cannot do anything about it, make your heart and mind at peace, just rely on the supreme being above who knows everything whats going on and vengeance is in his hands and its coming very soon. My estimated date would be 2100 to 2200 year  but not later than that.

Just be very careful, many are watching over you, my suggestions is that you just talked about it to your trusted friends and family.  Some might be spies, the more you not talk about it, the better it will be for you and your family.  If Pete is alive and in his right mind, he will comeback, but if all of you are all in danger if he comes back, then , he will probably choose not to show his face or be in contact with all of you.  Wherever he is , if he is still alive, a powerful organization is holding him, they dont want to jeopardized their dark works and secrets.  And he doesnt want all of you to be in danger, like he is now.

Hope this gives you some answer to your questions.
Be at peace and live normal life.

An open mind and heart will learn the purpose of life, our place in these vast universes. When wisdom is attained and pure knowledge is within us.  We will have so much advantage in the world to come.  With the right application.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users