Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dead Man Walking

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#61    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (peacelover @ Jul 4 2004, 06:46 PM)
Pete admitted having lied and told the story that a man had approached him when he (Pete) had first arrived in Junction.  Apparently this man had mistaken Pete for someone whom he had known in Viet Nam.  Pete explained that this was how the story of him (Pete) being a viet nam veteran had started.  

i still dont get how someone could mistake 2 people that look completely different

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#62    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• 1,820 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:17 PM

I haven't been around lately and for quite some time in this thread.  Although I have been thinking about this True UM Story since the last time I was here.  I didn't know what else to mention, since the other members were already at the questions.  
All in all, peacelover, I hope you find the closure you seek--Pete. grin2.gif

You know, I'm really sure you'll once again see Pete.  We all will wait with you. grin2.gif  I hope to hear from you once you find him, because I will never forget this experience of yours.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#63    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:19 PM

it would be pretty hard to erase the story from my mind....good story and hope you find pete

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
- Dave Gorman

- Papa Lazarou

#64    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 04 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

Dear Site Members:  

Since I have decided to close the story of Pete, I have been thinking.  

As I have shared in previous postings, I have changed the name of Pete and his daughter Sammy and the town in which they belonged here in Iowa.  I did this to ensure the privacy of Sammy.  She is a grown woman today and has three small children.  I have long believed that what ever is the reality of her Father, she has the right to think of him as having died.  Because I do not have any real answers to the questions that I have held for so long, I can not in good conciense disrupt Sammy's life.  

I will not share Sammy's real name, but have decided to share that of Pete.  I do this in hopes that someone out there might have met or have known Pete.  

Pete's real name was Pieter ? Stoutenburg.  Pieter had told me that he was from Michigan.  I always assumed that it was either Lansing or Detroit because that is where he talked about growing up.  

Pieter was from a comfortable background with successful parents.  His father was a judge.  I do not know what his mother did for a living.  I have believed that she was a homemaker.  I do not know his parents first names but have always assumed that their last names were the same as Pieter's.  Pieter explained to me that he is/was Dutch, or at least his family was.  Pieter is/was 6'5" tall and not the 6'7" as I have stated in postings.  (Some things I felt compelled to change to protect Sammy)  He did have blonde hair/dishwater blonde or dirty blonde as it is sometimes called.  He did have a thick mustache and no beard.  Pieter did not wear eyeglasses but I suppose that if he were still alive today it could be possible that he might wear glasses today.  When I knew Pieter he was a very strong man and had a muscular build but not overly buff looking.  He probably weighed about 200 or 210 pounds.  He liked to wear a beret.  Often he would wear the beret with a green beret insignia attatched to the side.  Pieter smoked Kool cigarettes and did enjoy drinking.  I did believe him to be a functioning alcoholic.  

Pieter did make a living making cabinets and/or furniture in general and was talented.  He also did drive a semi-truck over the road.  I do not know for sure what Pieter's age is.  He had told me so many different ages.  When we met I was in my very early thirties and he had said that he was five years older than me.  I later discovered that he was closer to 8 or possibly 12 years older than myself.  

I did not believe that Pieter was in the military due to his age when we met.  He would have had to have been about fifteen when he was in the army.  Today, as I discover that he was much older, it might have been a possibility that he was in the military and may have served in Viet Nam.  Still, I have no proof of this.  

When I knew Pieter, he had last live in Columbus Junction, Iowa.  

If anyone has seen or known this man, please do write to me through this post or through my peaclover e-mail.  

Again, thank you to everyone.  
end
Peacelover  

#65    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

so now it is possible....that they are the same person? huh.gif still, i thought they were completely different in look. so could he have shown you HIS files but changed the picture of the person? to build up this "lie" that he had created huh.gif  

i said
- Dave Gorman

- Papa Lazarou

#66    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

Dear peacelover, a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Have you considered hypnosis? This might help you to remember forgotton details more clearly than would otherwise be possible.

Why have you not responded to the private investigator suggestion? Not to sound accusatory but I think that alot of things could be cleared up by a professional "people finder", and you have not as of yet responded to this idea. Why?

I hope that your story has an amicable solution, it really is an interesting mystery.

#67    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:31 PM

Dear Todd:

Thank you for your questions.  

I have not purseued (hope I spelled that right) a private investigator mostly due to financial reasons.  Although I live faily well on a social workers salary with 20 years experiance, I am still providing finacial assistance to my two children.  You know tuition, housing, medical bills etc.  Adding the cost to expenses for a qualified investigator would be a bit much for me right now.  

I have utilized the internet to try and find answers to my many questions.  There have been times when this has been helpful and times not.  It is a little difficult, to work through this resource when I do not know for sure if the information I am using to work from is correct.  

I have not tried hypnosis.  I do not know much about this medium.  I have educated myself about this from the usage in counseling provided for therapy but I stll feel mixed as to whether I believe it is a qualified source.  So often, implanted memories can be placed, don't you think?  Perhaps you know more about this medium than I do.  If so, please share.  I am willing to try whatever I can.    

Todd, I think you probably have some good suggestions.  I don't mean to seem as though I am dismissing you thoughts or helpful efforts.  

Anyway, Thank you for the help.  
Peacelover  

#68    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:03 PM

wink2.gif Dear peacelover, I'm glad that you did'nt take offense at my suggestions as none was intended.

I believe that someone suggested possible "pro-bono"; (basically free) services that are at least possible when it comes to a private investigator.

Another route would be to enlist the services of an interested researcher who either already lives in your area or would'nt mind travelling there to help you solve the mystery.

Also, one other suggestion that I believe was made before, but even so would bare repeating would be for you to get photograpic evidence; namely pictures or a video.

Do you own a video camera? If not, I'd try borrowing one from a friend, or relative if possible. If you can't get a video camera for some reason, then I'd try keeping a camera handy at all times. The disposable cameras are inexpensive, and once armed with the objective evidence that the photos or videos could provide, you'll be more believable to those who're skeptical of your case than with the subjective evidence that your eyewitness testimony offers. I'm not saying this to be cruel, I'm just offering up possible ways that you might get to the bottom of this and get some closure once and for all.

In addition to these ideas, I'd suggest keeping friends with you in the times that you're usually contacted, preferably any who might not at present belive you for whatever reason, as their skeptical testimony would carry more weight with other skeptics than would continued eyewitness accounts from those who've already seen "Pieter".

I sincerely hope that I've been of some help to you and that you do get closure, as the wondering and pondering must be quite difficult for you.

My prayers are with you. original.gif  

#69    Angelofmercy

Angelofmercy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

This is probably a question that you have been asking yourself for years, but i have to ask:

When you saw Pete at the beach, why did you just look at him and not speak?  Why didn't you run up to him with hugs and "I thought you were dead"

Also, why is this person only contacting you, no offense, but i would have thought if Pete would contact anyone it would be his biological daughter...who lived with him...

Hold old did you say Sammy was at the time of the disappearance?

Sacred Duty Yadda yadda yadda

#70    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:13 PM

Dear AngelofMercy:  Thank you for writing.  

You are right, ever since that day at Sand Run, I have been regretting not having spoken to Pieter.  

At the time, in my mind, I think I was probably having a hard time believing that what I was seeing could be Pieter.  As the day progressed and I sat and watched Pieter as he watched myself and the kids, none of us spoke.  It almost felt like an un-written rule.  As if somehow I was supposed to understand.  

I remember being frightened.  I remember thinking how could this be you?  You are supposed to be dead.  I also remember sitting on that beach and feeling angry that Pieter could put all of us through this horrible event of circumstances.  I think maybe, I expected him to come and explain what had happened.  He didn't and I didn't ask.  

I had so many questions.  Most of which centered around that if it wasn't Pieter in that car, then who?  At the time, my kids were still fairly young.  They were 12 and 13 years old.  If Pieter had something to do with the body in that car, I didn't want for the kids to know.  

Pieter's daughter at the time of his disappearance was about 14 years old.  

I don't know if I have answered your question.  I don't know if I can, because I have never really answered it for myself.  If I had it all to do over again, I would demand that he tell me what happened.  I would demand that he contact his daughter.  

As to your other thoughts.  I would have thought that Pieter would have contacted his daughter as well.  It is possible that he did in the same manner that I was contacted (if that was Pieter trying to contact by phone.).  

As I have said I have been receiving calls for some time now.  They are not an every day occurance and often have no one speaking from the other end of the phone.  I do not know if these are calls from Pieter or if they are from someone who knew that Pieter and I were connected.  

thanks for your thoughts.  Best wishes
Peacelover

#71    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:51 AM

Dear peacelover,
                       I'd also add the idea of phone taps to be installed should you follow up on the previously made suggestion of a pro-bono/volunteer investigator. Remember that when you're trying to convince others of something that they might have trouble believing in, the more evidence you have for them to look at the more convinced they'll be.

Take care.

#72    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:26 PM

Dear Todd:
Thank you again for writing.  

I appreciate your helpful suggestions.  

In the past, I have had my phone tapped to try and discover whom is making the calls that I or my family receive.  The police department has been helpful in this endeavor.  This is what I have learned:  A.) Police have shared that they believe the calls are coming from the Iowa City, Iowa area but can not qualify for sure.  B.)  The phone company has informed me that I am not allowed to know who it is that has been making the calls.  That they as my service provider would acquire this information from the police and then they would make the necessary complaint for prosecution.  C.)  Since the police can not definately qualify who has been calling they have nothing to share with the phone company that serves my area of Iowa.  

I have tried caller ID.  After purchasing a phone with this installation, I learned that my area of Iowa does not provide this service.  

As to the pro bono/volunteer investigator:  My father tried to help me with before he died.  What we discovered together is that most investigators are asking for monies and do not like working without benefit of pay.  

Please understand that this is not something that I can do at this time.  I have two kids in college, including a son that has many medical issues that I must support.  

After almost fourteen years of searching to find answers on my own and trying to understand what happened to Pieter, I posted my story of Pieter in the hopes that someone might be able to direct me to areas I had not searched to achieve answers.  I probably did not think that I would need to provide proof of a possible dead man.  To be fair though, I suppose I am asking persons from this site and these boards to be able to do that in order to best help me.  

Please understand that this is the most bizarre thing that has ever happened to me.  I lead a quiet, tame faily common life.  When I met Pieter I never expected that I would someday be confused as to his disappearance or his death.  I never expected that he would turn out to be someone who probably lied about almost everything in his life.  

I came upon this site some time ago and realized or at least hoped that there might be someone here that could help me in understanding what happened.  I have shared everything that I know about Pieter.  I have shared everything that I have discovered to be a falsehood.  I am still in a quandry without answers.  I do not expect any longer that I may find them.  

As to proof:  I don't know how to help you with this Todd.  I am not trying to be evasive or mysterious.  I simply don't know how to prove if someone is dead or alive.  I am not blood/family relation, so I was not allowed to view the photos (if there ever were any photos of the body in the car).  

When my children (younger then) and I saw Pieter at Sand Run, we were not expecting to see him and therefore had no camera in which I could use the photo for proof today.  (Even if we did, what would that prove?)  

I have posted absolutely everything that I have learned or discovered.  

I am aware how many questions there are and I wish that I could help everyone with a question.  I try to do so each time I see a question but sometimes I can not answer because I simply don't know.  

This has been a very long fourteen years.  The oddities and curiousities still occurr, of which I have no real explanation.  The questions I have are also still there.  The only person who could really help us all is Pieter.  If I could find him today, I would ask for an explanation to everything.  But then I would have to ask if I could believe him.  

Once again Todd, I am aware that you are trying to be helpful, but please realize that I do not have the evidence that you seek, if I did, I would not have had to post the story of Pieter.  

Perhaps you could tell me the name of a pro-bono investigator?  Perhaps you could help me find the proof, I have been searching to find for so long?  

Thanks Todd
Peacelover

#73    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• "Patience has no time limit" JB

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:34 PM

Peacelover-

Have you thought of going to a psychic?  It might lead to nothing, but I've gone to one before as well as a few friends, and they've said things that they couldn't possible know.  It sounds like you've exhausted all other options, may this would help??

#74    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:41 AM

Dear flyinghigh23:

Thank you for writing and for your suggestion.  

To answer, I have in the past thought of going to see a psychic.  I have never followed through.  I suppose, I didn't know what to expect.  Also, this is a medium I do not know much about.  

Could you help me?  Could you tell me how to contact a reputable psychic?  Where should I look for a psychic?  

I am from a small in Iowa, psychics are not found in abundance here.  

How would I know if the psychic is giving me correct information?  

What have your experiances been?  

I hope you can write back soon, I am interested and think that I am ready to meet a psychic.  

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Peacelover

#75    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• "Patience has no time limit" JB

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

Peacelover,

I'm sorry it took me awhile to write back.

As for seeing a psychic, I'm not really sure how you could find a good one.  My own experience was just by word of mouth.  I happened to mention to someone who was also interested in the whole psychic phenomena, that I would really like to see a psychic sometime to hear what they have to say.  That person knew someone who'd gone to one in our area, and so the two of us set up an appointment with her.

You might try asking around, maybe even doing some research online about psychics in your area.  Actually, you may have some difficulty finding one in Iowa.  You may have a to travel to see one, and I don't know if you're up for that.  The North West is more open to psychics I think than the Midwest, so you may want to look into that area.

I had a few other friends who went to psychic fairs, and they had readings that were incredibly accurate with out giving any information previously.

I suppose the only way you could tell if a psychic is for real, is to go to a few.  See if they say the same things.  Think of questions beforehand that you would like to ask that don't include a lot of information about this event that could give them some ideas to elaborate on.

I would say a good psychic is one who could tell you things that are not general to the average person.  Ask open ended question, rather than leading questions, like "What can you tell me about Pete?" instead of "Tell me about the disappearance of my friend Pete and whether there was some conspiracy involved".  That leaves a lot of room for a psychic to make things up based on what you already told them.

With the first question, that doesn't tell anything, so it the psychic could say "Well, Pete disappeared with out a trace and these phone calls have been occuring over the years", then I would say you have a legit psychic.  

Of course, if you get in contact with a psychic and have a chance to ask them some questions over the phone about how they operate, all the better.  I wouldn't just go to one with out asking them some questions about their abilities, like "how long have you been able to do this?  How accurate would you say you are?  Do you have many clients?"  I would make a list of questions in advance that you would like to have answered.

Then there's the cost.  The one I went to was fairly expensive.  $40 for 30 minutes.  She tape recorded the whole thing so I could listen to it over again after the session.  Maybe you could ask to have that done, or bring your own tape recorder.

My experience was pretty accurate.  She picked some things right out of thin air that directly applied to a situation I was going through at the time.  There was one person I was focused on the whole time that I wanted to know more about, and with out saying anything about it, she described how I came in contact with this person everyday, with this person sitting at a computer screen with  their back towards me.  That's always how I first see this person.  She described it without me giving a clue.  She also explained traits about this person that I didn't know at the time that later were soooooo true!

Anyways, I hope this gives you some ideas.  I certainly think it could benefit you, and maybe even turn you on to other alternatives.  I know it would probably be a bit of an expense, but I think the investment may well be worth it for you after all  the difficult years you've had over this.

Take care, and feel free to ask me more questions if you have any! original.gif

Edited by flyinghigh23, 09 August 2004 - 07:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users