Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dead Man Walking

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#76    ScrewedUpChick420

ScrewedUpChick420

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posted 09 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have not read every page in this post, so forgive me if someone has already suggested this.

Is it possible that pete was doing some work for the government that no one knew about? It seems to me that if they needed him for something, and then that something was finished, they would need to dispose of him, either by killing him and making it look like he never existed, or wiping his mind, so to speak, and giving him a new identity, erasing the old one off of the face of the earth. I am obviously not entirely sure that this is what happened, but if the government really wanted to get rid of someone, I bet they could do it. As for the phone calls, and the car, I have no explaination for either that haven't already been said.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and I hope you find out some information soon.

If you don't like my driving, then get off the sidewalk.

Kill yourself. All the cool kids are doing it.

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

Whoever said anything is possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

#77    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

Dear Flyinghigh23 and Screwedupchick420:

Flyinghigh:  Thank you for getting back to me with some very helpful information.  I will take your advice and follow through.  I will let you know through this story of Pieter what I find out.  What a great help you have been.  Thank you again.  

Screwedupchick420:  Thank you for writing.  I don't think I have seen you on the boards before.  Welcome and enjoy your time here.  
I also appreciate your offering suggestions as to what might have happened to Pieter.  If you should so choose, you may find that many of us have tried to come up with explanations as to what happened to Pieter.  Although your thoughts are good ones, they have been suggested.  
I think I have a bit of a hard time believing that Pieter could have been working for the government because of his personality.  However, as has been stated in the story of Pieter, he did lie about almost everything in his life, so I suppose, anything is possible.  

May I be so bold as to ask where your screen name came from?  I understand the 420 and what it means.  (Or at least I think I do, based on what my son has told me.)  I am someone who likes to treat others with respect, so I am having a hard time writing your screen name and addressing you as such.  I have a hard time believing that any woman is a "screwed up chick".  I am sorry, I have not meant to be so rude.  It is your chosen screen name and I should keep my nosy mouth shut.  Forgive me please, I was probably wanting to be a little protective for you and it is not my place to do so.  

Thank you for writing and thank you for your offering of wisdom.  

To both of you take care.  I am sure that we will meet again on the boards.

Peacelover  

#78    ScrewedUpChick420

ScrewedUpChick420

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:25 AM

I take no offense to your remarks about my screen name, and it comes from my friends frequently telling me 'You're screwed up, chick.' Its kind of stupid, I know, but I really feel that the name I post under doesn't matter as much as what I post.
I really didn't take much consideration as to what my screen name would be, it just kind of popped into my head, so I used it. I thank you for your concern, and your protectiveness, but it really is not meant to be offensive to any woman. Really I'm just a dumb kid at heart and I am inclined to use names I think are funny or immature.
thanks again, and I hope we can chat again anytime.

If you don't like my driving, then get off the sidewalk.

Kill yourself. All the cool kids are doing it.

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

Whoever said anything is possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

#79    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:40 AM

Dear Srewedupchick420:

Thanks for responding.  I am so glad to read that I did not hurt your feelings or offend you.  You are absolutely right, it is not what your screen name is, it is what you post.  Good for you.  You seem pretty darn smart and mature to me.  

Best wishes
Peacelover

#80    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• "Patience has no time limit" JB

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:50 AM

Peacelover,

Hi again!

I've been wanting to say that ever since I read your post, it reminded me so much of a show I saw on Unsolved Mysteries a few years ago.  I don't remember the details, but it sounded identical to your situation.  This lady had been dating a man for a while, and then he disappeared.  He had been involved in the military though, and had admitted it.  Later in the show, she said that she saw him at a zoo with her children, and he was looking right at her, and then again at a gas station.  Neither time did he approach her.

Once she started to see him, the phone calls would start for her too.  Nobody would say anything on the other end.  I think it was his way of getting in contact with her and letting her know he was still alive with out being too obvious to whoever was around him.

To me, your situation sounds similar.  I think he's trying to signal you that he's still alive and that he hasn't forgotten you.  It sounds like his hands are tied for some reason.  Who knows, maybe your safety had even been threatened b/c of something he did or could do, so his staged disappearance might have been a way to keep you out of harm's way, only he had to promise he would never contact you again.  

Just a theory, but I suppose it's as good as any others.

take care,

Flyinghigh

#81    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:21 AM

Dear Flyinghigh23:

Nice to read your thoughts again.  Thanks for writing again.  

I have in past thought that maybe the calls were from Pieter but could never prove it, so I had to leave my thoughts there.  I had in the past thought that perhaps this was his way of letting me know, that I was correct in believing that he was not/is not dead.  

Your description of the "Unsolved Mysteries" show does sound similar.  Do you remember from the show if there was any sort of resolution for this woman?  Did she find any answers?  

I must admit to liking the thought that Pieter could still be alive, somewhere on this earth and in this world.  I like thinking or hoping that one day I will see him again.  I also would like to believe that someday there will be answers to my queiries.  It's the waiting and the searching that has been difficult.  That is why I must almost force myself to stop, at least for a while.  Sometimes taking a step back, can give one a better perspective and/or reflective realm in which to begin the search again.  

I like your theory.  In a strange way (if you understand what I mean) it is a more peaceful way of looking at what has happened.  

I would like to tell you something interesting that happened last night.  

As a profession, I am a social worker.  I am the director of a center involving programming and services for victims of violence.  
Last night I took my staff out for an evening of dinner and drinks.  Something I like to do at least twice a year to show my gratitude and appreciation for all the hard work that everyone puts into our program.  
I chose a local eatery and arrived early to make sure that things were in place.  Everyone began to arrive.  Through the evening we were all talking and sharing life stories.  One staff members husband shared that he was from Columbus Junction originally.  He also shared that he had served in the military in the branch of the Army.  He said that when he returned home so many years ago, he realized how many soldiers had actually come from Columbus Junction.  He stated being somewhat impressed due to the fact that Columbus Junction is such a small town.  

I asked if he had known any of the soldiers that had come from Columbus Junction.  He stated that he had not except for one individual.  This staff members husband "Ron" went on to describe the former soldier as someone who was not originally from Columbus Junction but someone whom had moved to Columbus Junction after serving in Viet Nam.  Ron went on to further comment that he had always been puzzled by this man's move to Columbus Junction.  Ron stated that he had seen this man one day on the street and had recognized him as someone he had met while serving in the military and having been in Viet Nam.  Ron also commented on the fact that this same man would show up in the oddest places (while serving).  Ron stated that he had remembered this man because of his odd ways (re: showing up in the oddest places).  Ron said that this man was actual Green Beret but did not act like "regular army" and that everyone in his unit (Ron's unit) seemed not to want to know this man.  They did not volunteer to help on his missions because the rumors were that you did not return.  

Ron continued to state that when he saw this man on the street, he had approached the man and introduced himself.  Ron stated that the man had said that he was new in town and was looking for work.  Ron had told him of a few places he knew were hiring in town.  After that Ron said that he did not have much contact with this man save the occasional greeting on the street or seeing him at local restaraunts/bars.  Ron went on to describe that after a few years he had learned/read in the paper that this same man had died a rather strange death.  Ron described the death as an automobile accident and that the accident, car and the man had not been found for some months.  Ron described telephone line workers having discovered the car and having called local authorities, whom then found the body and later identified the body as this same man that Ron had known in Viet Nam.  

Naturally, I realized very quickly that Ron was telling the story of my Pieter.  Except for one staff member, no one at my workplace is aware of Pieter.  

I asked Ron if anyone had seen this man after his death.  My staff laughed thinking that I had, had just a little too much to drink.  Everyone was laughing until they realized that Ron had gone quiet.  Ron asked how I would know such a thing.  I simply shrugged my shoulders.  Ron then shared that two people that he knew of from Columbus Junction had stated to him personally that they had seen Pieter after he was supposed to have been dead.  Both persons described seeing Pieter in the strangest places.  One had seen him at the Louisa County Wild Refuge Center.  (Actually a national park, in which people sometimes camp or rent small cabins along the Cedar River.)  (The Louisa County Wild Refuge is in Wapello, Iowa.)  Another had seen Pieter while he had been vacationing in Florida.  The man that described this event to Ron had stated to Ron that he had seen Pieter in a beach restaraunt.  The man had stated that he was looking for a waiter when he turned around and right in front of him stood Pieter.  The man went on to tell Ron that he had stood up to approach Pieter, when he then realized that Pieter had seen him coming and Pieter had stared at the man for a few seconds before turning and walking out of the restaraunt.  I asked Ron when these men had seen Pieter.  Ron stated that both men had seen him in different years and that much time had passed since the sightings.  Ron went on to tell of a woman that Pieter had dated and that this woman had told friends of Pieter that she had seen Pieter after his death.  Ron said that he wished that he could tell this woman that she was right, but he didn't know who she was.  Little did he know tha he was sitting right in front of that woman.  

I tried to sleep last night but have not yet found sleep.  I want to do something with this information but it does little to find Pieter today and I still can not prove that it was not Pieter in that car because the authorities are convinced it was.  Ron's friends sightings were some years ago, as are mine.  

Un-fortunately this (somewhat) new information does nothing to solve anything except to add to the puzzle.  

One part of the puzzle has been solved though.  I now know who the man was that had recognized Pieter from the military (Viet Nam).  By Ron's story, he must be the man that had seen Pieter so many years ago on the street.  Pieter had described this man as having been mistaken.  Pieter had told me that he had never been in the military or in Viet Nam.  

Well, thanks Flyinghigh23.  
Peacelover

#82    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

Peacelover-

That amazes me!! I think you're getting closer here to what's been going on!!!  Don't give up!

I just can't get over how coincidental it was that this "Ron" happened to mention him!!

To answer your question about the unsolved mystery lady, I don't think she ever truly found out what happened to him.  But, it was an older show even when I saw it, and that show is syndicated now, so who knows what kind of progress she might have made.  At one point in the show, some men either approached her or called her and told her he was still alive, and that they would arrange a meeting for them.  They never called back again.  That's kind of how it ended.

I think if Peter were really this green beret soldier like Ron seemed to think, and he was as disliked as he mentioned, that might make sense too.  Perhaps there were soldiers, or families of soldiers who wanted to do him harm, so maybe his people faked his death so he could be protected??  That just seems extreme, but this whole thing is extreme.

Or, better yet, maybe he had some important information and went AWOL when he was with you!!!  His people found out where he was hiding, and they sort of negotiated with him.  I bet that's why he didn't tell you he was in the military, cause he was AWOL.  Don't soldiers usually get a dishonarble discharge and get arrested for that?  And if he were a green beret, a commader at that, he might have been give some other alternatives??  HMmmmmm.

BTW- how's the psychic search coming along, if at all??

Take care, and don't lose sleep over this.  I think the answers are coming together the more you focus on it.
Flyinhigh

Edited by flyinghigh23, 15 August 2004 - 09:40 AM.

#83    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:12 PM

Dear Flyinghigh23:

I am still pretty amazed myself.  Being somewhat of a skeptic personally, I have begun to wonder if the one staff member told of Pieter, might have shared this information with another staff member.  Being a little paranoid, I have to wonder if it is not possible that someone put Ron up to this.  

I have been thinking about this all weekend.  If it is true that someone in my staff decided to put Ron up to this, I am feeling pretty low about now.  Kind of a cruel trick, don' you think?  I suppose I won't really know until work tomorrow, when I can ask if this is what happened.

If it is true, that Ron really did know Pieter, then what other information might he have to tell me.  Somehow, I am still having a hard time believing that Pieter was in the Army or had served in Viet Nam.  Having come this far and having become aware that Pieter pretty much lied about almost everything in his life.  How is it that he would have wanted to keep his time in Viet Nam a secret.  Why would he have lied about the "man from the street" and the man having been mistaken in his identity of Pieter.  

Another interesting point.  (Or, at least, I think.)  I am from a small town not far from Columbus Junction.  In fact it is only a 15 mile trip or 27 minutes as they say here in Iowa.  I have lived here most of my life and have never realized that Columbus Junction was such a popular place for Viet Nam vets.  Growing up, I can remember stories of people having gone missing from Columbus Junction.  While I was dating Pieter, if I remember right there were two people who went missing from Junction.  (That's what we call Columbus Junction, here.)  Both men.  Both with families and both with no one real person to search for them.  I always found that rather alarming.  Sometimes I would comment about this observation to my Junction friends.  Many did not respond, others simply would say "he'll turn up".  I remember this latter comment so well because that is what people down there would say to me about Pieter when I would practically plead for help in looking.  Although we are only minutes away.  Junction and my hometown are vastly different.  Junction has a less sophistitacted feel than my hometown.  Often I have thought that Junction is in a time warp.  It smacks of 1950's mentality, with great fear of the un-known or of present day.  Not much diversity there either.  

I remember trying to encourage Pieter to take his daughter and move to my town.  He always said no.  He said he belonged in Junction.  I never understood this because he was not from Junction.  He was not from Iowa.  How did he ever find that place and choose to live there.  He said that he had found Junction through a college friend.  He had traveled with this friend to Junction, met his then future partner Vicki, left, only to return and begin a relationship with Vicki.  Later having Sammy together.  

I have to put this away.  Thanks for writing.  Thanks for letting me vent my theories and thoughts.  

To answer your question.  I have begun trying to find a psychic.  I have heard of a woman from Dewitt, Iowa.  I think I am going to work through my friend who told me of "Mary Ellen" or Mary Ann (I can't remembe the name right).  I am going to ask my friend to invite this woman to visit.  I will let you know when we can get this set up.  

I hope that you have been enjoying your weekend.  Have a good week.  

Thanks much.
Peacelover

#84    Msdealite

Msdealite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:18 AM

Peacelover....

I stumbled on to this Discussion Board and specific topic ,when looking for something else at google. I was so intrigued, that I spent all afternoon reading every messsge.

Someone mentioned about a segment on the  Unsolved Mysteries TV show, some time back. I also saw one, but it sounds a bit different, in that it was about a MIA Vietnam man and it was his sister that believes she has seen him at least a couple of times. PLus the family has had some indication he might still be alive.

That story also intrigued me and I tried to do some foilow up on it. It seems there were four such MIA's at the same time, who have never been accounted for. So, although the TV show just highlighted one of these men, I have found some info about the other three too.

Apparently, there were some MIA's who did re-surface and they were brought back to the US during Operation Homecoming, under a secret re-location program. This was regarded as a Govt cover-up. Although, I do not know if this would possibly apply in your instance, it is something to consider. I have taken the liberty of adding the links to the info regarding these four MIA's.  Although the info on each man is the same, there is also a photo of each.

Perhaps you are already aware of this info, but I did want to let you know about it, just in case you  were not aware of it. Perhaps something to consider anyway!

Regards
Msdealite

BABULA, ROBERT LEO Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/b001.html

CARTER, DENNIS RAY Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/c011.html

BORTON, ROBERT CURTIS "CURT" Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/b038.html

BODENSCHATZ, JOHN EUGENE, JR. Compiled by Task Force Omega Inc http://www.taskforceomegainc.org/b031.html

#85    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:54 PM

Dear Msdealite:

Thank you for writing and sharing this information.  I have not yet tried the links.  I was so interested in your post that I just had to write and let you know that I received your message.  

I actually have seen the segment that you speak of from "Unsolved Mysteries".  This particular program has stuck in memory because it sounded so much like what could have happened to Pieter.  

In 1978 to 1980 (middle of the year), I lived in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato Mexico.  I was 19 and there to study spanish at the Instituto Allende.  I absolutely loved San Miguel.  I have been back a few times over the years and have always remembered my time there.  

While there I met many peoples.  San Miguel then had no cars and only a handful of Americans living there.  Those that I met were:  Capt. Michael B. Ranger (U.S. Army, Green Beret and intelligence officer.)  Sgt. Bob Scott (former Viet Nam Veteran just as Mike.)  Both men living in San Miguel and collecting their pension checks, while living in Mexico.  I never learned why either man had chosen San Miguel to live.  Mike ran the local VFW.  Which was then a local bar and eatery.  I became a bartender there while putting myself through school.  

Long story short, Mike and I remained friends over the years.  He has visited me many times in my hometown here.  What has been interesting to me over the years, is that he knew of Pieter before I told him.  He also knew of his death.  (Mike and I have known eachother since our time in Mexico.  Although we do not have contact on a daily basis and can go for several years without contact, from time to time he has appeared back in my life to say hello and "check in" as he is fond of saying.  The last time that I saw Mike was probably about six years ago.  Back then he had arrived on his way traveling to Columbus, Missouri.  He said that he was on his way to see his wife whom had moved to Columbus and his son young "Michael".  In any case, Mike asked me about Columbus Junction and asked if I could help him find a small farm house to rent.  He was looking for something he could rent for a small price and have a place of "peace" as he put it.  In all of Mike's trips to visit before he had never asked about Columbus Junction.  

At Mike's last visit, I felt un-easy.  I felt somehow, that he was not the same or was keeping something from me.  I did not help him find a place to live in Columbus Junction.  In fact, I rather looked forward to his leaving.  When I last saw Mike he was in his Suzuki geep traveling south on Highway 61.  

The reason that I mention this is because of something that my staff members husband "Ron" had said.  He had said at our dinner together (with my staff) that there were a lot of Viet Nam veterans living in or near Columbus Junction (Basically Louisa county).  This was surprising to me.  What he had said reminded me of Mike and his search for a farm house and of Pieter whom had moved to Columbus Junction some years ago.  What is so intiguing about this small town within a small county?  

I don't know if there is any corolation (sp? sorry).  I would like to know if there is.  

I will check out your links.
Thanks for the information.
Peacelover

#86    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:18 AM

Dear Msdealite:

I have viewed your links.  Thank you for taking the time to write me with this information.  

Unfortunately, none of these soldiers look like Pieter.  If it is true that Pieter was in the military.  His branch of the service would have been in the Army as a Green Beret.  The same as Mike, Sgt. Bob Scott, Cpl. Peter Rooney (although it is my understanding that he was simply a company clerk that did not see action.), another by the nickname of "Bobo" (which means fool in spanish) and another by the last name of "Worthington".  

Again, I think I must point out that I met these veterans while living in Mexico.  I do not know if they have anything to do with Pieter.  I also have no real proof that Pieter was in the war or had served in any branch of service.  Pieter himself had always told me that he had not been to Viet Nam and had never been in the military.  Pieter had always maintained that he had been mistakenyly identified by a man on the street.  (Which I now find out is my staff members husband - Ron).  I should also point out that I have not spokent to Ron since that night save the times that he has called to the Center to ask to speak to his wife.  In other words I have not yet told Ron that the man he met on the street so many years ago, was a man that I knew and loved.  

Still, none of this new information gives answers as to whether or not Pieter is dead or alive.  (I believe him to be alive.)  It also does not answer the questions as to whether or not Pieter was in the military.  And it does not answer the questions that if Pieter was not in that car that night then who was?  

Thanks again for the help.  Although the questions have not been answered, it does perhaps give some help or added theory.  
Peacelover

#87    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:29 AM

I'm sorry guys, I think you're right about the Unsolved Mystery show details.   That's the same one I saw that I first mentioned, only I was mistaken with some of the details since I saw it so long ago. sad.gif  

#88    Msdealite

Msdealite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:41 PM

Flyinghigh...

Thanks for acknowledging about the same Unexplained Mysteries segment, but that is actually quite understandable.

Peacelover,

I realize the info I gave you was just a long-shot, although it is slightly possible something similar to those four MIA Vets, was also going on with Pieter.

I am quite curious now as to the reason for many Viet Nam Vets living in or around Columbus Junction. I gather is a quite a small town. There must be some reason, that you haven't been able to figure out, for this attraction. Is there something there, that maybe you are not aware of...maybe some secret Government project going on. Or just maybe a good place to sorta semi hide-out for some reason.

Do you know if they stay there indefinitely, or do they stay for awhile and then move on...like maybe a stopping off spot, for a later relocation.

Unless this Ron, is playing some sort of game with you, based on what one of your frinds may have told him (which is quite possible), he may know more then he is telling, as to what may be going on in regard to that area and the Viet Nam Vets. Or could he be actually trying to tell you something? I feel like  the conversation is more then mere coincidence anyway.

Another thought I have, is that an answer my lie with Pieter's daughter. Her actions at the Memorial is rather bazaar, it seems to me anyway. You have apparently been most reluctant all these years to discuss anything with her. Yet, she is now a grown woman!

I realize you have to do what you feel is best and I wouldn't want to tell you to do anything different. But, just my own thoughts I am thinking it may be time to approach the subject with her. The worst she could do is to think you have lost your mind, if she knows nothing, I mean. Even if she does possibly know something and yet denies it, I feel like you might be able to find out something, just by watching and listening to her reactions.

I know you haven't wanted to upset her, yet she is no longer a young girl either. An example might be to start out very careful..maybe saying something like, "Have you even wondered if your father was still alive"..like as though you just have these strange thoughts sometimes.

That story about your friend Mike, is also rather intriguing. Do you know if he went back or was headed back to Mexico.

Regards
Msdealite

#89    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:35 AM

Dear Flyinghigh and Msdealite:

Thanks for writing.  

Msdealite:  As I try and answer some of your questions, pardon me if I jump around a bit.

As to Sammy:  I think I have been protective of her because on so many occasions, Tammy (Sammy's former sitter, who is still in contact with Sammy.) has practically begged me not to speak with Sammy regarding her Dad.  Tammy has maintained that since Pieter's disappearance/death that Sammy has been better off.  Tammy claims that Sammy would have never have become the person she is today if her Father were still around.  Tammy has told me repeatedly that Sammy believes her Father to be dead.  Tammy wishes that Sammy could continue this belief because Tammy believes that it is better for Sammy.  It is my understanding from Tammy that Sammy is married, with three children and a college degree.  I do not know Sammy's married name.  All I really think I know about Sammy is that she lives in Galesburg or somewhere near Galesburg, Illinois.  The latter information comes from Tammy.  

As to vets in Columbus Junction:  I do not know how many live in this area of Louisa County.  I know that one of the vets erected a helicopter on a large field as you enter Louisa County.  I think some of the vets stay because I think that some of them have become farmers.  The whole of Louisa County is a county in which not much happens.  Not much progress, not much education (outside of school) and definately not a lot of diversity.  This is a county very much liking of their time warp between the years of 1950 - 1970.  I could see though how this county and/or communities could become a meca for veterans.  For one thing, no one asks any questions.  If you disappear, no one will look for you.  If you should have a rather un-timely death or one that appears strange, not many will ask why.  

As to Mike:  He is another story in itself.  The last that I saw of Mike, he was on his way to see his wife and son in Columbus, Missouri.  I have heard that he is now living in Colorado.  I don't know if he has gone back to Mexico since we last saw eachother.  I know that he has been back just as I have, for a visit.  

As to Ron and his comments:  I have not had the oppotunity yet to ask why he began speaking of Columbus Junction and what he might know of Pieter.  I have learned over the years not to share much at work about my personal life.  The staff member told of Pieter, she is a woman I have known personally for twenty years.  I suppose I trusted her.  She says that she did not share anything with Ron or his wife (our other staff member.)  She says that she was just as surprised as I was to hear Ron's comments.  

It has been a long day.  

I will close here.  
To both of you again, thank you for writing.
Have a good night
Peacelover

#90    Dodir_Svile

Dodir_Svile

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

dear peacelover...
i've read the whole topic, and I have to say that I'm sorry that something like that has happened to you. while i was reading, i've come to some ideas, or just comments, i don't know. i hope they'll be of some help to you.
first, have you ever thought of putting his photo here, or somewhere else on internet in case someone else saw him? just a thought.
second, when you said that those veterans always say for case like that "he'll show up" that gave such creeps. i mean, this practically screams "THEY KNOW SOMETHING!!!" and all those veterans living in such a small place could be explained by saying that they need peace and calm community, but it just seems so...well, wierd. and so many cases of disappearances and strange deaths. i dunno. just plain wierd.
third, i really really think you should talk again with ron. maybe tell him that you're that woman he was talking about. that conversation you had with him doesn't seem like a coincidence. but if it's not, then what is it? and he didn't pretty much accomplish anything with it, right?
and finally, i think there is something about his daughter (sammy, i think?). if not, then why would you be begged not to talk with her about him? maybe she knows something. if you cant find sammy, maybe you should talk to tammy. maybe she won't want to tell you anything at first, but explain her that you already think that something is not right. and what's that she telling you that sammy wouldn't be the same person she is if her father was still around?

i hope some of the above thoughts can at least get you to think about things differently.

regards,
Dragana

p.s. sorry for mistakes, english is not my first language..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users