Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jenny Dixon

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Yengo68

Yengo68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

Does anyone have any info of Jenny Dixon in Australia.

Apparently, at a holiday suburb called The Entrance, an 1 hr drive north of Sydney Australia there is a story of a ghost of a young lady called Jenny Dixon.

In the 60s or 70s she was murdered while hitchhiking along the road north of The Entrance. Reports say that truck drivers refuse to travel on the road at night, as there have been reports of a girl hitchhiking and then disappearing. The story has it is that the girl's killer was never caught..

Not much on the 'net about it. She has had a park named after her, and the road even though it's called something else, is known as Jenny Dixon drive...

#2    Davael

Davael

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• Little Cousins, Called Back.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Apparently, at a holiday suburb called The Entrance, an 1 hr drive north of Sydney Australia there is a story of a ghost of a young lady called Jenny Dixon.

In the 60s or 70s she was murdered while hitchhiking along the road north of The Entrance. Reports say that truck drivers refuse to travel on the road at night, as there have been reports of a girl hitchhiking and then disappearing. The story has it is that the girl's killer was never caught..

Not much on the 'net about it. She has had a park named after her, and the road even though it's called something else, is known as Jenny Dixon drive...

Hi there, first time poster.
I was searching around for some info on Jenny Dixon - having heard a few stories myself - but haven't come up with all that much. One poster on these forums apparently did a research assignment on her, but the police said that although no-one was raped and murdered on the Entrance Road, someone was hit & run there about 30 years ago (I still have to chase this up).
I did manage to find a site which says that the beach was actually named after a ship called the 'Janet Dixon' which was a coal schooner that sank in the area in 1871. (www.jenwilletts.com/norah_head.htm)
Besides this, I've heard that she was killed between midnight and 1am on a Wednesday night, and so this is when her spirit appears. Living near the area myself, me and my friend have driven up and back down that road in the appointed hours looking for her, but to no avail.

If a girl really did die along that stretch of road, I'm guessing that the urban legend accumulated a local landmark (aptly named after a female) as part of the story to give it some credence or physical proof of some kind. And although it looks like 'Jenny Dixon' is probably not our phantom's name, this doesn't necessarily mean that the stories are untrue, but rather that they've been elaborated upon.
Anyway, I'll post again if I find anything further of interest.
Anyone with further information, please post here as well!

D.

#3    katie18_1986

katie18_1986

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Yengo68 on May 28 2007, 11:17 PM, said:

Hi just letting you know i did look at one website that had some thing on her there were for guys that did it to her and the were sent to jail but later aquitted of the murder due to lack of evidence of what i heard there is information on her at the entrance police station i dont know if it is an article or what not yes there is a park and beach named after her that all i know

#4    -Jaded.Silhouette-

-Jaded.Silhouette-

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

• "...what is truth for us today may be just a stepping stone to a higher understanding that may be given to us tomorrow." -Jwnody

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

Well, it seems even Australia has their hitchhiker ghosts. Personally, I'm skeptic. But only because nearly every state has their own hitchhiker ghost in the United States. Arkansas is one of them. It is said that it is the ghost of a young woman who died along that road on prom night. The driver will stop and pick her up, she will give directions to her house, and then upon arriving at their destination, she will promptly disappear. Her parents then inform visitors that she is dead. It is said sometimes she leaves a corsage in the passenger seat of the vehicle she was in.

#5    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

There's like four different hitchhiking ghosts in the city I lived in. . or the city and its suburbs. . . A couple were about girls that died in hit and runs, one (which is an old school one) is based on a servant girl in the 1800's that got murdered, and then there's another one that is supposed to be a girl that was murdered while attempting to get a ride.

They're all over everywhere.. . . some of the stories are based on actual incidents, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the ghosts are real. . .Then, some of the stories are just obvious fakes based on nothing at all.  

I've also heard about an interesting place in Hawaii. . .I forget the name of the road, but there is a (I think its supposed to be a Goddess or something) spirit that walks the road and sometimes people pick her up only to see her disappear. . .and something about having pork in your car will anger her and she'll make your car stop working and/or appear in your rear view mirror.  Its been a long time since I heard that story, so I'm not sure of any of the details. . .

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

#6    goalienan

goalienan

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,166 posts

• you can't scare me...I have grandchildren..

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

We have this story here in Jersey on the "road's less traveled" about the Lady in White...At times the story goes that she got killed on this road on her wedding night while still in her gown and is looking for her husband...Another is of a younger girl, again dressed in white, who was killed while going to her prom...Hitch-hiking looking for a ride to the dance....People will swear they see these figures on the side of the road, pass them, look in their rear-view mirror and they are gone......I love urban legends, because the stories get added on to.... original.gif

Posted Image

.......DON'T GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT GOALS.........

#7    Kardasman

Kardasman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

My last names dixon if that means im a realitive then bugger me m i realated to a dead aussie girl

#8    Elite

Elite

Psychic Spy

• 1,140 posts

• ''If you cant beat them, arrange to have them beaten'' - Me

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

im pretty sure this is just another urban legend that isnt true
mainly because it seems every road in the world at the moment has a vanishing hitchhiker of some sort

#9    MySummerJob

MySummerJob

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:18 AM

Elite on May 21 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

mainly because it seems every road in the world at the moment has a vanishing hitchhiker of some sort

Just to let you know, a lot of people hitchhike, Heck I might even go hitchhiking in the future. Anyways people go hitchhiking, get picked up by murderers, rapists, weirdos and get murdered. Aussie isn't the only city, state, country where people go hitchhiking and get killed for it.

Posted Image

#10    Lady_Boleyn

Lady_Boleyn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• In My End Is My Beginning...

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Here's something that I found at:

http://www.hellhoundslair.com/roadghost.html

#11    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

Government Agent

• 3,628 posts

• What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

This legend has been around for ages, one can trace its beginnings back to ancient egpyt. It seems to be so widespread because it embodies our natural fear of rejection, the dead, and ultimately being alone.

Jesus, I was evil

#12    Damsel Of Darkness

Damsel Of Darkness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• I wanna make you twist your mind so you can be just like me!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hi! I found this while I was browsing and I felt the need to reply. I'm an aussie who actually lives not even two minutes from 'The Entrance Road' (which is actually now called Central Coast Highway) and the story is crap. It's just a legend. I've driven that road thousands of times at all hours and have never seen a thing, nor do I know anyone that has.
The reserve/beach IS named after the ship 'Janet Dixon' which sank in the 1800's.  original.gif

Damsel Of Darkness

#13    bird eater

bird eater

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• I have a rendezvous with death.

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:58 AM

Elite on May 21 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

Soo true, and why would they even be afraid? if all she does is  disappear, i'd give her a ride for gas money/

Get out of my weathered face with all that sunshine.

#14    xmelx

xmelx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

View PostYengo68, on 28 May 2007 - 11:17 PM, said:

this not an urban legend it is most definately true i live on the central coast and have quiet a few family members and friends who have seen her and have been really shaken up about it...
she was early 20's i think? not sure picked up raped and murdered by some guys who were charged and then aquited due to lack of evidence and since then they have all died apparently but yer she still hitchhikes up and down Jenny Dixon Drive looking for her killers and seeking revenge
her grave is in the cemetry but her headstone was removed because of the vandalism and apprently if you disturb her grave she will "disturb" you...
but yer truck drivers refuse to travel the road at night because she randomly appears and disappears in your car and on the road
i can not blame her though if i was killed like that i'd haunt whoever did it and haunt others on the way

in my street 3 chiks all blonde and 20 have commited suicide on the railway crossing and they now lurk around the station at night... kinda freaking creepy when you get off the train after TAFE to walk home and you see this girl just standing on the double crossing

#15    housty

housty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

View PostAbhorrent.Phantasm, on 30 April 2008 - 12:54 AM, said:

Well, it seems even Australia has their hitchhiker ghosts. Personally, I'm skeptic. But only because nearly every state has their own hitchhiker ghost in the United States. Arkansas is one of them. It is said that it is the ghost of a young woman who died along that road on prom night. The driver will stop and pick her up, she will give directions to her house, and then upon arriving at their destination, she will promptly disappear. Her parents then inform visitors that she is dead. It is said sometimes she leaves a corsage in the passenger seat of the vehicle she was in.
Where in arkansas is this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users