Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Microsoft VS Sony VS Nintendo VS Sega

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    BobaFett

BobaFett

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• Now wait a minute, just what the heck kind of priest did you say you were again!?!?-Trigun

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:40 AM

Nintendo all the way!  (ZELDA)

#2    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:43 AM

I'm inclined to agree with you. I think Microsoft is the worst out of the three, yet I am using windows. tongue.gif
Sega is good with games, but not consoles.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#3    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 10 December 2003 - 03:29 AM

Nintendo is the best, and Zelda is the greatest game of all time!

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

#4    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:13 AM

*Sony!Sony!Sony!!* tongue.gif  grin2.gif

Personally I think all three of them are great in thier own perspectives.But since I own a PS2....Sony!Sony!Sony!! laugh.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#5    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:22 AM

I ignore the platforms and move on to the companies , as they are the ones that truly make the platforms great .

So far I would say

ID software ( Doom , wolfenstein )
BUNGIE ( Halo )
BLIZZARD ( starcraft , Diablo , Warcraft )
VALVE ( Halflife )
SQUARENIX ( mostly All Final fantasies , Xenogears , kingdom hearts , and other various masterpeices )

are the 5 companies that have shown great , immensily deep , and imaginitive games in the market . They are the ones who truly deserve the credit , not the platforms !

But in relation to the god games that come out ... tie between Sony and Microsoft .  

Posted Image

#6    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:40 AM

lets not leave out EA games. Challenge everything!   tongue.gif

Ultima Online is one of my favs. It is virtual crack as far as I am concerned.

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#7    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:40 AM

are the 5 companies that have shown great , immensily deep , and imaginitive games in the market . They are the ones who truly deserve the credit , not the platforms !

what about Nintendo, Rare, Black Isle, Ion Storm, sierra, blah lbah

Microsoft = if you don't have a decent pc and want to play pc games
Sony = If you are into Japanese RPGs
Nintendo = If you prefer Nintendo styled exclusives such as Mario, metroid, Zelda etc

#8    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (BobaFett @ Dec 10 2003, 02:40 AM)
Nintendo all the way!  (ZELDA)

Yeah same here. Majora's mask and Ocarina of time on the special collectors edition disc. thumbsup.gif

I brought a new gamecube for the sake of getting the disc, and I am selling the other gamecube.

It's a shame Rare no longer work for Ninteondo. AH well.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#9    FireFrog

FireFrog

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:36 AM

Xbox baby!

Xbox has the most power out of them all, Xbox Live play and an extensive list of great games that cannot be found on any other platform... Second I'd say Gamecube, simply because it has one of my favourites, Zelda and a few others... but now Rare is working for Xbox, Gamecube has taken kind of a downfall.

I hate how everyone bags the Xbox because its made by Microsoft... I mean lets face it... it looks cooler, is more powerful, has better games, better controlers, better online play than Sony, some of the best production teams working for them (including Bioware and Bungie)... its just a great system grin2.gif

Of course... thats just my opinion tongue.gif

#10    matthewkelly50

matthewkelly50

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:14 AM

Hi all,

Im with Xbox

best online play and good games.

#11    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:24 PM

Im not bothered about online play. I prefer single players.  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#12    FireFrog

FireFrog

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:26 PM

Well I do love my single player, but I believe multiplayer is a large component of a lot of different games and being able to play online just enhances the experience.

#13    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:59 PM

hmm...best online fantasy game, in my own opinion, vs Neverwinter Nights...*sighs*...aah...full customisation of your character's equipment, right down to what it does, with thousands of different properties...customisation of your armour with an infinite number of possibile appearance so you never have to meet your online twin and kill him for it...and some twenty character classes....and the ability to create your very own world, with fully customised creatures, locations, and npcs...aaah original.gif

...but since it's not made by any of the above...*ponders*...

Zelda I hate...it's just the same thing over and over: "Quick Link! Save princess Zelda!"...yeah...compairing it to Final Fantasy, which brings in a fresh new angle and plot with every single game, and actually has charismatic, three dimensional characters, is a joke.

I think you've got to go with Sony...they've got the biggest variety of games, and are dominating the market for a reason.

Sega has already been bought out by Nintendo hasn't it?

Nintendo are evil...they don't care much for consumer rights at all, and a fine example of capitalism at its most base.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#14    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Dec 10 2003, 01:59 PM)

Zelda I hate...it's just the same thing over and over: "Quick Link! Save princess Zelda!"...yeah...compairing it to Final Fantasy, which brings in a fresh new angle and plot with every single game, and actually has charismatic, three dimensional characters, is a joke.

Not exactly true. Have you ever played Majora's mask, Links Awakening, Oracle of ages and oracle of time. Zelda isn't even in those games, and doesn't need to be saved.

In Majora's mask you have to stop the moon crashing in to the earth, and have to keep traveling back in time, as you only have 3 days, which go fast, and in order to do everything, you are forced to go back over and over, however, each time doing different things.

Links Awakeing you have to wake the WindFish. And the aim of Zelda the Wind Waker is to stop Ganon raising the now sunken Hyrule and taking over it.

So it isn't all about saving the princess Zelda. Plus Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time are 3D, not flat. I like the 3D ones more than the flat 2D ones I must admit though.

In my opinion thou, Final Fantasy is just dragging on. I have played a few, and even thou it is intresting and fun, kinda getting old in my opinion.

And about Sega being brought out, I think it has been? When F-Zero starts up it mentions Sega, I think its on F-Zero anyway.  

#15    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Benjo Koolzooie @ Dec 10 2003, 01:27 PM)
Plus Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time are 3D, not flat. I like the 3D ones more than the flat 2D ones I must admit though.

I meant three dimensional as in the characters actually HAVE character, and change and develope over the course of the story as opposed to the game simply being a hack n' slash, kill the bady, save the world affair tongue.gif

Not as in how pretty the graphics engine is wink2.gif I still think FF7 was the best, so graphics obvsiously aren't too important to me...now hang on a sec...hmm...*ponders, and turns towards her tv*...is that Cloud, or just a random heap of triangles...

*the distant call of MF declairs it's bigfoot*

...anyway...yeah.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users