Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Microsoft VS Sony VS Nintendo VS Sega

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Dec 10 2003, 04:33 PM)

Not as in how pretty the graphics engine is wink2.gif I still think FF7 was the best, so graphics obvsiously aren't too important to me...now hang on a sec...hmm...*ponders, and turns towards her tv*...is that Cloud, or just a random heap of triangles...

*the distant call of MF declairs it's bigfoot*

laugh.gif

Graphics aren't too imporant to me either.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#17    Loque

Loque

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:13 PM

yes i agree ff7 was the best and had the best story line also zelda is more or less as old as ff anyway isn't it?

Posted Image

#18    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:16 PM

Zelda is probably older.

The reason however that alot of Zelda characters dont have a "character" as in, Link not actually speaking is to try and make you create your own character from the characters. Well so the creater says.  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#19    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:41 PM

Roughly translated: "We were too lazy to add in dialogue" tongue.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#20    Loque

Loque

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:11 PM

lol true, its understandable on games such as ff ther rather big so no one would prolly wan't to dp the speech lol

Posted Image

#21    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:27 PM

Actually I prefer the fact there is no speech in the Zelda games. It allows you (in my opinion) to feel as if you are them as you play it. If you had like a persons voice speaking for your character you would think "Thats not me talking, it's them."

Although there is text to read so thats good enough for me. I like reading.

#22    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 10 December 2003 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (moe eubleck @ Dec 10 2003, 04:40 AM)
Ultima Online is one of my favs. It is virtual crack as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, UO rocks!! ....(no OSI,thats sucks.....long live to pirate shards)  whistling2.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#23    BobaFett

BobaFett

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• Now wait a minute, just what the heck kind of priest did you say you were again!?!?-Trigun

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:31 PM

Actually I prefer the fact there is no speech in the Zelda games. It allows you (in my opinion) to feel as if you are them as you play it. If you had like a persons voice speaking for your character you would think "Thats not me talking, it's them."

Benjo Koolzooie, ur 100% right.  Zelda has evolved over the years and is still the best game series out there!  

PS (if the quote bar is wrong, sorry)

Edit ~ Fixed Quote

Attached Images

• untitled1.JPG

Edited by Tommy, 11 December 2003 - 04:38 PM.

#24    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (FireFrog @ Dec 10 2003, 09:36 AM)

better controlers

What are you talking about? Xbox's first controler was huge (and in a bad way)! About 20 % was the green icon of Xbox, you know, just in case you forgot what game console you were playing.

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

#25    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:06 AM

Sega wasn't bought by nintendo. They just worked with them to make F-Zero GX. That's like saying nintendo owns square because they made Super Mario RPG together.

About Zelda being the same, its not. And even if the story is bad everything else makes up for it.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#26    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:43 AM

I think every one of the three has thier own specialities.At the end of the day,you just feel like owning all of them. tongue.gif I'm currently enjoying with my PS2 but still,I'd really wanna try out those super games like Halo,Zelda & heck even Resident Evil.Just when the story's reaching the interesting part (after Code:Veronica),the whole remaining series suddenly moved to the GameCube.And darn you know I don't like GameCubes tongue.gif .So I guess I'll have to be happy with my PS2 and com original.gif ,til I strike a lottery that is. thumbsup.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#27    FireFrog

FireFrog

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 12:08 PM

Well, to further add to the war between FF and Zelda, I'd like to say that Bioware's "Star Wars: KOTOR" was an RPG that was better than both Zelda and FF, and that was on Xbox  grin2.gif

Best RPG I've played in a while actually.

EDIT: To Jasu... the Xbox controlers are a lot better... I was refering to the Xbox S Controller. And personally... the first one wasnt all that bad.

#28    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 01:05 PM

Dude, if you liked KOTOR, then get NWN thumbsup.gif It's by the same company, probably plays about the same, and it means I'd have someone to use as a test dummy for my server devil.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#29    Loque

Loque

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:09 PM

i read in  a ps2 mag a few months ago august i think? that there was several Resi games that had preposed for the ps2, one including a discruntled umbrella employee and an cruise ship?

Posted Image

#30    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:15 PM

I think you're probably talking about Resident Evil - Dead Aim; the rather crappy spin off or resi that, when you aimed your gun, had the added annoyance of going into 1st person veiw mode.

There was nothing 'proposed' about it, it's been out for some time now tongue.gif  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users