Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Microsoft VS Sony VS Nintendo VS Sega

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 22 December 2003 - 12:29 PM

I have a black one now - not as nice as the purple one.Oh and an orange pad - and a black one.  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#47    Nethius

Nethius

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Engulf @ Dec 18 2003, 03:42 AM)
I'm currently replaying Final Fantasy VII with my PS1.Anyone still playing this game?? dontgetit.gif

i recently played through that game for the 3rd time!  i honestly think it's gotta be the best rpg out there!  and this time i actually beat the emerald and ruby weapons!!!

i was always a nintendo fan, up until sony came out with the PS1.  I have to say i think PS2 is the best system out there now!  for a few reasons.

The amount of games that are available, plus you can play all your old ps1 games.

The controller cannot be beat!  I find with xbox and gamecube controllers i have to move my hand around, which makes it very hard to do 2 things at once...  the PS controllers fit in my hand, and i can reach every button without moving my hand around.  

It has DVD and music capabilities.  I know Xbox can, but you gotta buy some adapter...

#48    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:26 AM

I already have a DVD player .....so the Cube works out just fine for me. Except PS2 does have Devil May Cry 1 and 2. I guess it really does just come down to the quality of the games, like someone said earlier. The only thing that sets X-box ahead is the hard drive(in my opinion). I can't really tell that it has better graphics than PS2 or Gamecube, cause I aint seen nothin' yet that can beat Metroid Prime or Rogue Squadron. It's the gameplay that matters anyway....I got my son one of those Atari controllers with a bunch of games already in it and can't wait to take it from him so I can play Missle Command. That was a fun game.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#49    Phenomenon

Phenomenon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:26 AM

PS 2!!! now you're talking boys.Best console by miles.It may not be the most powerful, i'll give that to Xbox.But I've compared the same game on both and unless my contact lenses are dirty I couldn't tell the difference.It's controller is so easy to handle it almost melts in to the palms of your hands.As for the Xbox, I'd rather hold a keyboard in my hand. tongue.gif  

#50    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:26 AM

The 'cube controller is my fave out of the three, but its not that different from the ps2 pad. Ps2 graphics are only behind by a little, but companies like squareenix get the best out of them. Graphics are really only shown by what the companies can do with them. Some games like Animal Crossing give up graphics for more memory.  One thing I think was funny in retrospect is that towards the end of the ps1 is alot of my anti-n64 friends were complaining about stupid kiddie games like mario. Then right after the ps2 came out a bunch of "kiddie" games came out. (Sly Cooper, Jak) tongue.gif  

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#51    Pious Augustus

Pious Augustus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:50 AM

Byuu94 
Posted: Dec 11 2003, 01:06 AM   
Sega wasn't bought by nintendo. They just worked with them to make F-Zero GX. That's like saying nintendo owns square because they made Super Mario RPG together.

and not only did Nintendo and Sega co-op for FZero but Sega and Nintendo came together, along with Namco, to put nintendo back to the arcades as you may have already noticed... So nobody bought anybody out, its merely a compromise, hence the reason that there's Sega games for Game Cube...btw Sonic Heroes comes out soon!

phenomenon Posted on Dec 23 2003, 10:26 AM
  PS 2!!! now you're talking boys.Best console by miles.It may not be the most powerful, i'll give that to Xbox.But I've compared the same game on both and unless my contact lenses are dirty I couldn't tell the difference.It's controller is so easy to handle it almost melts in to the palms of your hands.As for the Xbox, I'd rather hold a keyboard in my hand.

the s-controller is actually an excellent control and the button layout is just as simple as ps2, although it is much heavier than the ps2...
but the original x-box controller, or the big wonka as it was dubbed in my family, was barbaric!

and i dont know how you can not tell the difference between an xbox screenshot with a ps2 screenshot? there's a difference, (unless its a bad port,) but even though there is a difference ps2 still is a kick ass system!

"Ballad of Serenity"
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I dont care, I'm still free
You cant take the sky from me...
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

#52    *m3ntaL*PaTienT*

*m3ntaL*PaTienT*

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:06 PM

i like em all.......some games i would say are better on one system than the other....me i own an xbox..however i think madden 2004 and nba streets vol.2 are s0o0o much better on PS2.....and dont bash ZELDA.....it is a classic and will never be duplicated....plus...the reason why final fantasy doesnt score big w/ me is..i cant stand games where all you do is hit one button and they fight for your.....(retarded)and it is boring......but i am just glad all were made(systems) it provides different types of graphics and gameplay which is great....if i had super nintendo w/ all the games i would be set...graphics are c0ol but not a big plus

p.s. i do believe that SNES was the best system of all grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif
(super mario bros.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuckY IrishmEn......thats me

only those possed with luck so deep
are the ones whom 13 they can keep
engraved on my heart for it was the day i was born
and forever it will stay w/ me until my soul is worn

#53    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:47 AM

Super Mario Bros. was on the NES, Mental Patient, but yes the Snes is still my favorite. In my mind there is too much corporate junk involved with the newer systems. Companies should just try to make the best games they can.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#54    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (phenomenon @ Dec 23 2003, 02:26 AM)
PS 2!!! now you're talking boys.Best console by miles.It may not be the most powerful, i'll give that to Xbox.But I've compared the same game on both and unless my contact lenses are dirty I couldn't tell the difference.It's controller is so easy to handle it almost melts in to the palms of your hands.As for the Xbox, I'd rather hold a keyboard in my hand. tongue.gif

X-box and Gamecube both make PS2 look pitiful in the technical department.
Must back gamecube... the percentage of quality games is astronomical... especially compared with the percentage of quality games for the PS2.
Coming from someone who owns thousands of dollars of Sony electronics, I can say this... Sony is the bottom of the console-gaming ladder!

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#55    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 01 February 2004 - 05:37 AM

All three of this top consoles have thier very own specialities respectively. In the sales chart both the PS2 and X-Box are tops compared to the Gamecube but still I think all three are superb consoles. I have a PS2 currently but I'm still not content as I can't get my hands on the Zelda titles on the GC and even the upcoming Halo 2 on the X-Box!! So no matter which console you're having, you'd definitely want the other two as well, just that money's one sickening problem in every aspect. disgust.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users