Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Teleportation Theory

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 March 2001 - 07:33 PM

I've heard quite a few "explanations" regarding how human beings will be capable of Teleportation in the future. The most common theory, involves recording every atom in the person who is teleporting, and then recreating that person atom by atom at the other end. The original, is then destroyed.

This to me, sounds totally unlikely. For a start, saving the details of every atom in the human body is an incomprehendably large and complicated task for even the most powerful of computers. Secondly, when you put the atoms together at the other end, it's only a physical representation of the person that is being created. The actual Escence of the person is still at the starting point. This means that when you destroy the original, all you'd end up with is a perfectly replicated corpse.

This method for teleportation could however, be used in the technology of matter replication, but it couldn't be used to transport or replicate living people or animals.

So how would teleportation of humans be achieved ?

Suggestions and comments welcome.

#2    Hmmm

Hmmm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2001 - 05:41 AM

Unfortunately, the "hows and whys" of why teleportation could be achieved is currently beyond my very meager understanding of science.  But... it could go a long way into answering the UFO puzzle.  teleportation would go a long way into answering the question of how UFO's appear to break many of our laws of Physics, such as materialising , then de-materialising.  And perhaps the answer to how they can achieve travel to our planet from immensely great lenghths.  Just a theory. Good post topic though. Thanks Saruman

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 31 March 2001 - 11:01 PM

I was also thinking along the lines of the movie, "The Fly". Even if they got it figured out, something like that would happen while going through the process!!ohmy.gif

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 April 2001 - 06:46 PM

Maybe that sort of thing would be used to create mutations and hybrids - given the possibility of creating an algomation of 2 species of animal. I can imagine the sort of experimentation that would go on in secret, if such a technology was to ever become available.

#5    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 10:55 AM

The first example about duplicating atoms, then destroying the originals would create an artificial duplicate. Just like SaRuMaN stated: a perfectly replicated corps.

How about atom by atom the body is transported through some kind of invisible tunnel linking dimensions or time or something(here we go talking about multiple dimensions and time warps again)almost like a worm-hole?

I dont know about you, but I think thats crazy. Just thought I would mention it, though.

Homer

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 01:04 PM

Actually that isn't so crazy. I think that the only way that teleportation could be achieved through the use of atmoic dematerialisation, would be to move the actual atoms of the subject to the new destination by some means, without destroying them and building new ones at the other end. Then perhaps, when recontructed, both the mind and body of the subject would be recreated, not just the physical part. Of course there's no way of knowing without trying it, but it's certainly a thought. It seems to me like the whole atomic dematerialisation idea is too complicated just to teleport someone from one place to another. There must be an easier way of doing it than that. Perhaps warping between dimensions is not so far fetched after all original.gif

#7    Lori Cordini

Lori Cordini

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 09:03 PM

My own personal experience, as many others have also related, is that ole blue beam that seems to get us from point A to point B.  

First human understanding of physics of the cosmos has a long long way to go...so there is much yet not known by human mind.

Secondly, the "blue" beam is quite cold.  It had the ability to pull me through a solid wall (as a child and in the presence of my mother who confirmed the event), so there has to be some molecular disengaging.  On one occasion I experienced the ability (as an adult now)of passing through walls and that was that solid isn't really solid!  That the mind is able to "break down" the concept of simply atoms (or molecules--I am not a scientist!) as loosely "clumped" together, ever in motion.  Relaxing allows the molecular structure to disengage long enough to be, well, pliable, to appear to come apart...I wish I had the words to explain how this happened!  As I was going through the wall I became afraid and I could literally feel the molecules (atoms??--say what is the difference anyway) come together and block my going through and I literally could feel the molecules of the wall tightening up around me.  strange feeling, but that's the way it was...once I relaxed and "loosened up" again I passed right on through.

That may sound crazy for many of you readers, but remember also that realities come on all levels.  Right now as I type this I am engaged and the idea of going through the wall impossible, but when I the mind is engaged in the reality that allows the efforts of travel to occur, it does.  That isn't always an easy thing to udnerstand, because these events don't always happen when 3-D realities are in play.

Perhaps someday our human brains will understand the power of thought!!!!

-lori

#8    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 07:32 AM

The difference between an atom and a molecule is an atom(which is smaller than a molecule)is the smallest unit of an element, while still having the characteristics of that element. A molecule is a group of atoms so united and combined by chemical affinity that they form a complete, integrated whole, being the smallest portion of any particular compound that can exist in a free state; as, a molecule of water consists of two atoms of hydrogen and one of oxygen.

Heres another theory: matter has three states, that we/I know of. Solid, liquid, vapor(or gas). What if the molecules in a solid state, like a person(I know that people are about 70% water), were temporarily turned into vapor for the purpose of going through solid states; and/or the vapor molecules hitching a ride on beams of light for the purpose of teleportation. When the stowaway molecules get off at their destination, they somehow turn back into a solid state(preferrably in the same form as before).

#9    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 07 May 2001 - 12:18 PM

i would like to know how the particles of the object being teleported, once scattered, be transmitted

please tell me...i would be very grateful

cute little faces:
original.gif wink2.gif grin2.gif ;D >:( sad.gif ohmy.gif 8) ??? :original.gif tongue.gif :-[ :-X :-/ kiss.gif :'(

i would like to point out that this has no relevance to the topic.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#10    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 May 2001 - 07:51 PM

Earth to Dowdy...come in Dowdy...Earth to Dowdy...
Dowdy, your questions were asked as if you never read my previous post. Perhaps you should read it, then feel free to ask a question

If you had read, then please re-read. At any rate, you stated "how the particles of the object being teleported, once scattered, be transmitted"  I wasnt talking about any scattering effect, merely changing from one form to another for the purpose of teleportation. And you asked how the particles would be transmitted ???  As I already stated, on beams of light.

My previous post not only had relevance to original topic, it WAS the original topic. Please read it

anyways, I didnt say it was possible. The topic is teleportation THEORIES

#11    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2001 - 10:05 AM

homer,
in regards to your first post which you told me to read.....which i read i just want to ask you something:

if we are going to use worm-holes to transmit the particles, why don't we use the worm-holes to transmit whole objects without scattering them, persuming that a worm-hole could transmit an object of any size and mass.

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#12    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 10:41 AM

Dowdy

Because as the term "worm hole" suggest, one cant go through unless their body mass is equal to or less than the body mass of a worm--everybody knows that ;D

Just kidding, obviously. Seriously, Dowdy, I have no idea. I thought you were taking care of the details. ;D

Kidding again. Just throwing ideas out there is all Im doing. Nothing more, certainly nothing less ;D

Homer

#13    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 11:59 AM

I suppose you could say that if the technology existed to move particles through a worm hole, it would be easier to simply move the object in question through the worm hole without changing it at all.

The idea of breaking items down into atmoms however does have another use which I didn't mention earlier, and that is matter replication. Simply recreate the object at the other end, but don't destroy the original. No use for transporting anything thats alive, but perfect for making duplicates of things. Once the pattern of the item in question has been recorded, you could create any number of replicas, that would be indentical to the first one.

Such a technology would give a whole new meaning to the term "Mass Production".

#14    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 04:56 PM

Just found a recent article where teleporting large objects is becoming a real possibility. CLICK HERE

#15    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:53 PM

The one thing that came to my mind after reading the article was copy, the entire process would send an item as far away as you would want it, but only a copy, as the beam splits it copies each bit and then leaves one bit here and the other bit there.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users