Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What have you seen?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    peacelover

peacelover

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 198 posts

• "You'll never get another chance like this again tomorrow".

Posted 12 December 2003 - 12:38 AM

Maybe this is a question better suited for the chat room.  No one seems to be there right now, so I will ask here.  I am looking for books on Witness Protection, scary themes, mysteries etc.  .  What was the last best scary movie anyone saw?  If anyone is interested in films of the scary nature but committed to film back in the black and white days.  There was a film called: "The Other", I saw with my parents when I was twelve.  I remember it as being scary and filled with a philosophy I call "magic".  "If you really believe it can happen".  Anyway I recommend the film for all of us scary movies buffs.  Has anyone attended a particularly interesting lecture?  Can you believe it, I still have not yet seen "Cold Water Creek"?  
Thanks
Peacelover thumbsup.gif  

#2    TheShermonator

TheShermonator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:04 PM

wha? im tired so i didnt really understand what ur asking but ill tell u my scary movies? i dont often get scared in movies because im immune to it all and the fact that there's music in the background and sound effects just spoils it for me. so in saying that, one of the only movies thats terrified me was the blair witch project. so many people didnt even get scared in that because of the shaky camera etc, but thats why it scared me so much. it was so real! its sometimes what u dont see which is the scary part.
i dont know if that was even on topic?
ahh well

#3    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 01:08 AM

If you want a black and white scary movie try the atmospheric Nosferatu, starring Max Schreck as Dracula.
To watch F.W. Murnau's ``Nosferatu'' (1922) is to see the vampire movie before it had really seen itself. Here is the story of Dracula before it was buried alive in cliches, jokes, TV skits, cartoons and more than 30 other films. The film is in awe of its material. It seems to really believe in vampires.
(BY ROGER EBERT)  

#4    DCSHOECOUSA

DCSHOECOUSA

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Fiends are peple who you think are your friends, but they are really your enemies with secret identities.

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:35 PM

Well I never get scared by any  movies
but my current favorite scary movie is Freddy VS Jason. It's actually not scary, but it's very good.  ph34r.gif  

Friends are people who you think are your friends, but they are really your enemies with secret indetities.

#5    The Krow

The Krow

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

• Sunspots in the House of the Late Scapegoat

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:37 PM

F vs. J is not scary at all...you cant even really call it a horror movie...

I have morals, they're just subject to revision as the situation dictates.

Myspace...

This Is The Cancer From My Cellular Phone
That Emits Radiation Which Destroys My Brain
This Is The Cancer From My Television Screen
Which Reports The Danger While It Does The Same
So Can We Free Ourselves, From The Threat Of Death

Posted Image

#6    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 14 December 2003 - 06:47 PM

I do not get the oppertunity to see many movies so i am pretty much confined to books. Right now I am reading the counterfactual book "What If" Tom Clancy's
"Patriot Games," and Bram Stokers "Dracula."  Along with becoming slightly addicted to this Forum grin2.gif  

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#7    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 16 December 2003 - 07:07 PM

dont bother with dracula, its outdated and crap.

try anne rice, vampires at their best in my eyes.

oh and for scary films, try the original version of the haunting that'll make your neck hairs stand to attention!

ph34r.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users