Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Unexplained Flash…

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Poltergeist

• 2,313 posts

• It is good to give him thanks and praise...

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:34 AM

I have also encountered these flashes... I was sitting at my computer and on two seperate occasions Ive had a flash like from a camera come from over my left shoulder behind me, enough that it really got my attention...I dont recall exactly how long its been, but I think its on my blog somewheere....

Ive heard every explaination from it being spirits, to angels to other reasons.... But pararnormal none the less... there was no other explaination... unless my chipmunks in the yard a playing with me...

#32    Queenofthefairies

Queenofthefairies

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

• "Nothing can be truer than fairy wisdom. It is as true as sunbeams.".... Douglas William Jerrold

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

View PostMark&Lyn, on 07 September 2009 - 10:43 PM, said:

I am also interested to know if anyone has experienced the same type of phenomenon in a different place, at a different time? Maybe there is also a correlation with other types of unexplained phenomena in the same location, say, over a period of time. Prior to my wife's and my sighting of the flash, we have heard on many occasions a 3-knock sound on a door or a wall in the same room we were occupying. Once even, we were on the front porch knowing we were the only ones at home, and heard the distinct 3 knocks on the inside of the front door. I immediately opened the door and saw hundreds of them pointing their fingers at me and laughing! NOT! Of course, nobody was there. A few months earlier my wife and I were in mid-sleep during the night and I was awakened by a light slap on my exposed butt... Funny how alert you become in an instant when something like that happens - nobody was there (at least visible.) So my ponderance here is are there more experiences happening before, during, or after the bright flash phenomenon?

you know mark&lyn the '3 knock' thing has happened to me before :) my childhood home was haunted, i swear i could be sitting anywhere and here 3 knocks coming from my brother's bedroom door mostly during the day (no there were no windows open at the time) i would get up and investigate and nothing was out of the ordinary :( sometimes i would test it by asking a question like are you there? then BAM the 3 knocks would start again. fyi the room my brother had was the same room my grandfather passed on. :)

<QueenoftheFairies>

as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know.  There are fairies everywhere:  under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day.  So listen, touch, and look around - in the air and on the ground.  And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.  ~Author Unknown

#33    Queenofthefairies

Queenofthefairies

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

• "Nothing can be truer than fairy wisdom. It is as true as sunbeams.".... Douglas William Jerrold

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:35 AM

fyi i also have exsperienced these 'flashes' so to speak, mostly when i'm lying in bed (fully awake!) and the flash resembles someone turning on and off the bedroom light VERY fast. it makes you sit there thinking wtf?! :)

<QueenoftheFairies>

as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know.  There are fairies everywhere:  under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day.  So listen, touch, and look around - in the air and on the ground.  And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.  ~Author Unknown

#34    henrychalder

henrychalder

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

• A learner of the new religion of ANOHALism

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:58 AM

I experienced a flash experience whilst cycling at around midnight in a rural area on a dark small country lane, the flash seem to eminate below eye level and was a sort of tungsten flash similar to a speed camera flash but of course there was no such speed camera in the lane. I thought a lot about this mystery of the flash for quite some time, I mentioned it to someone who lived in the area some months later and they were mystified by my story, I think they thought I'd made it up. Whilst talking to the person who was also a cyclist they told me of a sighting of a possible large feline animal that was much larger than a domestic cat? It then dawned on me that I must have been a victim of a motion sensor camera that was put up by someone curious enough to catch the mysterious animal on camera probably set up in a ditch by the lane, so maybe someone has a picture of my on my bike at midnight all lit up for a perfect photo?

#35    Starfleet Captian

Starfleet Captian

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:19 AM

dear freerunner, you know who i am, least i hope u do. I'll give u a hint, Essington. Anyway you know that while I don't discredit paranormal activity, like you I reach for the scientific. Like the ball lightning,I believe this was some sort of EM discharge. I do find it interesting however, that no sound or smell was associated with the event. As an atmospheric science student it is hard to conceive such a discharge without noise, because for light to be emitted energy has to come from a source.In the case of lightning from charges that build up in the clouds and ground. but there were no secondary effects like the rapid expansion of air or the ionization of air molecules. I believe this is some sort of discharge from the em spectrum thst built up and eventually released it self. Like you said an on going event in which the flash is a byproduct.

#36    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

sounds like what Mr. Walker describes. He thinks it was from God . I myself think it was a natural event.

could have been what they deem 'earth lights' so to speak , Fox Fire ,
st. Elmo's Fire .

My link

remember also .. it could be a source within your own eye. a temporary lack of blood flow in a small area of the eye ... you'll see a flash or shooting star.

if you see them out of the corners of your eyes somewhat often ? see a doc .

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 17 September 2009 - 06:05 PM.

#37    Freerunner18

Freerunner18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Ex Astris, Scientia"

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

remember also .. it could be a source within your own eye. a temporary lack of blood flow in a small area of the eye ... you'll see a flash or shooting star.

True, that's what makes having simultaneous witnesses to the flash difficult.  It's hard to say we both had a temporary lack of blood flow at the same time.  Additionally, the flash came back again a year later with two different witnesses, my mom and girl friend at the time.  Their description was analogous to the previous encounter, again it would be incredible if they two had a simultaneous vascular deficiency.  Since the occurrence took place we have all at one point seen an eye doctor for standard checkups -- no problems for anyone of the witnesses, no detached retina, or any medical conditions relating to the visual system.

I really liked the link you provided on "EarthLights" it sounds very similar to that -- presuming there is a subtype that includes "EarthFlashes" that would fit very well.  Very helpful, thanks again.

Edited by Freerunner18, 18 September 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#38    Starfleet Captian

Starfleet Captian

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:35 AM

I've heard of earthquake lights, these are analogous to an aurora but are seen during or after an earthquake. Now since your particular part of the globe isn't quite known for earth quakes this explains nothing. What it does do is at least show that there can be releases of energy that re**** in lights or flashes.

#39    Freerunner18

Freerunner18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• "Ex Astris, Scientia"

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:44 AM

Hey Starfleet Capt., here is a nice link that kind of resembles the blue/white intensity of the flash all of us have seen (minus the noise factor).
Transformer Explosion

Also, thought you might like this one as well, I call it "Warp Core Breach" (I blame a well placed Klingon torpedo)
http://www.youtube.c...?v=fzbQjd_Oo4Q

#40    qwerty123

qwerty123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

View PostQueenofthefairies, on 11 September 2009 - 01:35 AM, said:

fyi i also have exsperienced these 'flashes' so to speak, mostly when i'm lying in bed (fully awake!) and the flash resembles someone turning on and off the bedroom light VERY fast. it makes you sit there thinking wtf?! :)

<QueenoftheFairies>

This has also happened to me, about 3-4 years ago. I was lying on my bed at night, trying to fall asleep, facing my window. My eyes were closed then I felt as if someone was flashing my light on/off disturbing my sleep. I opened my eyes, looking at the wall ahead of me i knew the flashing was coming from behind me.

I was really scared and ignored it, hoping it would go away. The flashing lasted for a good 4-5 seconds, it was a bright light like when there is lightning outside and it lights up your room through the window.

I'm not sure if it was the next day or the day after but it happened again.. this time i looked over my bed to see if it's coming from the floor beside my bed and it stopped, i got out of bed turned on the lights and looked around for a possible explaination.

It happened again, making it 3 times in 1 week!! I was fed up at this point, not scared, i got out of bed pissed off and said "wtf do you want?", "leave me alone" etc. This was the last time it happened.. and i'm thankful for that!

There was no smell or sound when this happened, i haven't really had any other experiences in this home, apart from sleep paralysis/bad dreams, my sister used a oujia board far away from home once but has had strange things happen to her, things going missing from her room, waking up with bruises on her legs, constant nightmares all of which happened after using the oujia board.

Attached Files

#41    HominusKainus

HominusKainus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• We each owe a death. O'God, Sometimes the green mile seems so long.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Ok, I'm not sure if this is relivant, but when I was 14 I was staying with my grandparents in Milton, PA. and one day, about two hours before sundown, My cousin, our friend and I were comming home from a day of skate-boarding. As we started up the hill by the elementary school to go back home, we all stoped turned to our left and saw a flash.
The next thing we all remember is being almost at the top of the hill walking is silence, which is odd on two counts.
First as we were goofy teenage boys we had the vocal restraint of a cat with its tail in a mouse trap. Second it takes approx. 20 minutes (at a relaxed pace) to reach the top of this hill.
  We continued our walk to my grandparent's house is silence, it was'nt untill we were in the basement that I asked if I was the only one who remembers the flash or if anyone remembers the walk to the top of the hill...I was'nt.

Our friend still can't speak about what hapened, we think that he remembers more than the flash. My cousin and I have no recollection of the events that transpired between the flash and the top of the hill, to tell the truth, I don't want to know.

#42    HominusKainus

HominusKainus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• We each owe a death. O'God, Sometimes the green mile seems so long.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

View PostLt_Ripley, on 17 September 2009 - 06:01 PM, said:

sounds like what Mr. Walker describes. He thinks it was from God . I myself think it was a natural event.

could have been what they deem 'earth lights' so to speak , Fox Fire ,
st. Elmo's Fire .

My link

if you see them out of the corners of your eyes somewhat often ? see a doc .
I recall in his story that four people had seen it at different times. Thus the statistics are agianst the source being related to his eye.

#43    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,067 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi there Hominus Kainus, a very warm welcome to UM.  Your account is very interesting.

However, the post you quoted is from 2009 and I am not sure the member involved is still active.

It is one of the common problems with reopening old threads, the discussion remains discontinued.

Perhaps you would like to start a new thread?  If not, that's fine so long as future posters respond to your post onwards in this discussion to avoid dissappointment.

Cheers,

Edited by libstaK, 29 September 2012 - 09:55 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users