Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Dark Woods of West Covina, CA

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:25 AM

This is not an attempt to scare but to try to get a better understanding of the truth behind the murders and hauntings that have occured at Galster Wilderness Park

There have been several stories surrounding Galster Wilderness Park. Many accounts of ghost sightings and noises of a disturbing nature have been seen or heard. Now before I get into the details of Galster Park I by no means am a certified "Ghost Hunter" or professional of any nature, I am merely a seeker of knowledge w/ a passion to comprehend what many in our society refuse to acknowledge or understand.

To get to the interesting stories of this park we first need to know why it was constructed. Situated on Galster Way this park consists of many trails, a playground area, a few B.B.Q and picnic areas, a few odd locations for some park benches and some open space. Many oddly shaped trees envelope the grounds in a stark manner on this hillside park. This park "appears" to have been constructed not only to preserve the beauty and luster of the hillside for the community but a place where the community can come together and get to know each other; there are many community functions that take place here as well. It's a place where the whole family could come and make a day of exploring the winding paths and exploring the outdoors.

In the early 1990's, stories arose of rapes and murders of little children going on at the playground area. A few years later stories of a man who jumped off a water tower arose. I merely call these stories because I myself have found no existing proof of these happenings. The obituaries have death reports that occured in that area but mysteriously none that are involved w/ the park. So as of this moment I am desperately seeking more and more knowledge of the area.  

The Hauntings
               As stated in the previuos segment stories arose incidents beginning to occur. This is how the story goes about the rape and murders of little children. A man with mental issues used to live in the actual shack that resides in the park. When little kids wandered off a distance he would lure them away to the restroom area or toward a desolate area of the park, rape and then strangle the victim to deaths.  Some people say he hung some of his victims. To this day no-one knowes what ever became of this killer. Another famous "spirit", if you will, resides at a water tower at the park. Supposedly a man in his mid to late 30's was depressed over the loss of his wife, or child,ect. (depending on which story you hear) that he climbed the water tower and jumped to his death.

I first discovered this park as an adolescent and I must admit that a strange "presence" did reside there. I was 13 or 14 playing paintball w/ friends. As we seperated to our hide-outs, I felt a very disturbing feeling of being watched by something inhuman. A very cold, piercing sensation penetrated every part of my body. Keep in mind I had none of this knowledge of death as a pre-pubescent teen. This was my only trip to the park until recently...  

After spending hours of looking up haunted sites in California the words Galster Wilderness Park stood out. After trying to convince some friends to come along w/ me only 2 agreed. As nightfall approached my friend David and I, felt this feeling of restlessness as if conjuring up some unknown power of the dark arts. As soon as we got to the front entrance(park consists of 3 entryways- 2 visible from the street 1 has yet to be confirmed) it felt as if a srtange presence was watching us. We jumped the fence to get in and started to climb to the family picnic area. At this point nothing eerie aside from the feeling of being watched has happened. By the way the view in this spot projects beautiful pictures of the city down below. As we started back up the trail a very faint stench of death approached our noses. Now it was most likely a dead animal but could not confirm exactly what it was or where it came from, or the fact that when first arriving in the area there was no such stench. After about 2 or3 minutes of walking up a pathway, my husky friend David could no longer move on saying something is telling him not to go on. Mike seconded the notion and I told them we should go to the area where the man supposedly raped the kids. As soon as I said this a strange noise in the brush near us arose. Again it could easily be an animal. But it did prompt us on to moving back toward the entrance. There is a very strange spot at the park where 3(could be 4) pathways connect. A bench and a trash bin is all that is in this spot. As we walked by this area a very cold feeling rose where as all the other places we had been were quite warm. Mind you this was on a very warm night w/ a full moon. That I can't explain because there was no wind. After a few minutes of feeling this strangely beautiful cold spot in silence all 3 of us heard the same exact thing. It was a little girl screaming for roughly 5 seconds. That scared all 3 of us. Now, there are houses at the top of this park but we distinctly heard the screaming come from the play ground area. This we thought very weird because 1. you have to jump the gate to get in and 2. it is complete darkness in this whole park. The only source of light is the restroom area and the entrance. Everywhere else complete black. So the scream spooked us. As we continued to walk back toward the 1st entrance, an "entity" could be felt and figuratively seen following us down the path. As soon as we exited the park the feeling of being watched and followed disappeared. This is my account so far I plan on going back (w/friends asap) I highly recomend you never go to this park alone, day or night.    

This last segment is just a few accounts of sights or hearings going on that people have said to happen. Some people have said to have heard screams of both boys and girls. Some people claim that at the first and second entry way they have seen an apparition welcoming them into the park only to disappear. The shack that the killer lived in is still there and supposedly still has bloodstains. At this point in time I'm not certain of the bloodstains but the shack is there and upon further research, I shall release my findings.

Remember- I am not a professional. I am merely trying to experience and comprehend ghost,spirits, or phantoms,etc. In no way do I encourage disobeying the law just for the fun of ghost hunting. These were once living beings and I encourage giving respect and understanding to the deceased.  

I appreciate any feedback or any more information w/ resources (if possible)  please. No fake stories please. This place is very real.    

Edited by Mr. Sinister, 02 July 2007 - 02:55 AM.

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#2    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:45 AM

That entire scenario is just too disturbing due to the context of what happened to children.. no.gif

#3    Birdee

Birdee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

That sounds spooky, but i wonder if it is all a rumor about the rapes and murders, I wonder if we can get copies of newspaper reports, because you know when something happens to a child its likely it will be in the news.

You mentioned you hopped the gate, Thye lock up the park at night? or is it closed now?

#4    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

This is not an attempt to scare but to try to get a better understanding of the truth behind the murders and hauntings that have occured at Galster Wilderness Park
There have been several stories surrounding Galster Wilderness Park. Many accounts of ghost sightings and noises of a disturbing nature have been seen or heard. Now before I get into the details of Galster Park I by no means am a certified "Ghost Hunter" or professional of any nature, I am merely a seeker of knowledge w/ a passion to comprehend what many in our society refuse to acknowledge or understand.

To get to the interesting stories of this park we first need to know why it was constructed. Situated on Galster Way this park consists of many trails, a playground area, a few B.B.Q and picnic areas, a few odd locations for some park benches and some open space. Many oddly shaped trees envelope the grounds in a stark manner on this hillside park. This park "appears" to have been constructed not only to preserve the beauty and luster of the hillside for the community but a place where the community can come together and get to know each other; there are many community functions that take place here as well. It's a place where the whole family could come and make a day of exploring the winding paths and exploring the outdoors.

In the early 1990's, stories arose of rapes and murders of little children going on at the playground area. A few years later stories of a man who jumped off a water tower arose. I merely call these stories because I myself have found no existing proof of these happenings. The obituaries have death reports that occured in that area but mysteriously none that are involved w/ the park. So as of this moment I am desperately seeking more and more knowledge of the area.  

The Hauntings
               As stated in the previuos segment stories arose incidents beginning to occur. This is how the story goes about the rape and murders of little children. A man with mental issues used to live in the actual shack that resides in the park. When little kids wandered off a distance he would lure them away to the restroom area or toward a desolate area of the park, rape and then strangle the victim to deaths.  Some people say he hung some of his victims. To this day no-one knowes what ever became of this killer. Another famous "spirit", if you will, resides at a water tower at the park. Supposedly a man in his mid to late 30's was depressed over the loss of his wife, or child,ect. (depending on which story you hear) that he climbed the water tower and jumped to his death.

I first discovered this park as an adolescent and I must admit that a strange "presence" did reside there. I was 13 or 14 playing paintball w/ friends. As we seperated to our hide-outs, I felt a very disturbing feeling of being watched by something inhuman. A very cold, piercing sensation penetrated every part of my body. Keep in mind I had none of this knowledge of death as a pre-pubescent teen. This was my only trip to the park until recently...  

After spending hours of looking up haunted sites in California the words Galster Wilderness Park stood out. After trying to convince some friends to come along w/ me only 2 agreed. As nightfall approached my friend David and I, felt this feeling of restlessness as if conjuring up some unknown power of the dark arts. As soon as we got to the front entrance(park consists of 3 entryways- 2 visible from the street 1 has yet to be confirmed) it felt as if a srtange presence was watching us. We jumped the fence to get in and started to climb to the family picnic area. At this point nothing eerie aside from the feeling of being watched has happened. By the way the view in this spot projects beautiful pictures of the city down below. As we started back up the trail a very faint stench of death approached our noses. Now it was most likely a dead animal but could not confirm exactly what it was or where it came from, or the fact that when first arriving in the area there was no such stench. After about 2 or3 minutes of walking up a pathway, my husky friend David could no longer move on saying something is telling him not to go on. Mike seconded the notion and I told them we should go to the area where the man supposedly raped the kids. As soon as I said this a strange noise in the brush near us arose. Again it could easily be an animal. But it did prompt us on to moving back toward the entrance. There is a very strange spot at the park where 3(could be 4) pathways connect. A bench and a trash bin is all that is in this spot. As we walked by this area a very cold feeling rose where as all the other places we had been were quite warm. Mind you this was on a very warm night w/ a full moon. That I can't explain because there was no wind. After a few minutes of feeling this strangely beautiful cold spot in silence all 3 of us heard the same exact thing. It was a little girl screaming for roughly 5 seconds. That scared all 3 of us. Now, there are houses at the top of this park but we distinctly heard the screaming come from the play ground area. This we thought very weird because 1. you have to jump the gate to get in and 2. it is complete darkness in this whole park. The only source of light is the restroom area and the entrance. Everywhere else complete black. So the scream spooked us. As we continued to walk back toward the 1st entrance, an "entity" could be felt and figuratively seen following us down the path. As soon as we exited the park the feeling of being watched and followed disappeared. This is my account so far I plan on going back (w/friends asap) I highly recomend you never go to this park alone, day or night.    

This last segment is just a few accounts of sights or hearings going on that people have said to happen. Some people have said to have heard screams of both boys and girls. Some people claim that at the first and second entry way they have seen an apparition welcoming them into the park only to disappear. The shack that the killer lived in is still there and supposedly still has bloodstains. At this point in time I'm not certain of the bloodstains but the shack is there and upon further research, I shall release my findings.
             Remember- I am not a professional. I am merely trying to experience and comprehend ghost,spirits, or phantoms,etc. In no way do I encourage disobeying the law just for the fun of ghost hunting. These were once living beings and I encourage giving respect and understanding to the deceased.  

I appreciate any feedback or any more information w/ resources (if possible)  please. No fake stories please. This place is very real.    

hey nice job, you seem to have done quite a bit of research into it, but with research enough is never enough, i like researching and learning heaps in the paranomal/supernatural and no matter how much i seem to read theres always something new to learn. which makes it fun and interesting, good luck with your research on the Galster Wilderness Park and stay safe.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#5    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

Oh, Jesus. I have no idea what that could've been. If that person raped and strangled little kids, and I was around, I would've finished him off myself.

#6    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:50 PM

I used to live in Covina for a few years. I don't think I've ever been there. Now if I was at the intersection of Citrus and San Bernadino Ave., how would I get there ?

#7    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

That entire scenario is just too disturbing due to the context of what happened to children.. no.gif

Thank you for sharing your interest in this topic. As of this moment in time I am still seeking info on not only any youths murdered at the park but of the lunatic that commited these atrocities. Unfortunately I am not certain as to if he was caught or if he got away. I just recently discovered a little more info on this Park but not enough so far to continue on to a part 2 of this topic. However some interesting info was that the park was closed from 2002 to 2006 for what the county says was just to restore some of the park. Now, I have seen first hand the repairs they have done and there is no way that it should have taken 4 years to accomplish. They simply repainted some restroom areas, added an extra B.B.Q. or two and supposedly fixed some of the trails. The work they did should not have taken 4 years to accomplish. But then people that work for the county take their time to make more money. As to why the park was closed, it could simply be that they just wanted to fix up the park. But it could just have easily been closed by the count due to the stories surrounding this place. I shall not jump to either of those conclusions until I know more.

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#8    Walter Sullivan

Walter Sullivan

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• How Fortunate the Man With None

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

This is my 1st post.

I live in La Puente. Galster Park is about 3-4 miles away from me. I never been there. I never knew it was haunted until just recently. That's a spooky read there. Good luck with researching on Galster Park & be careful out there.

Posted Image

You'll be careful of what you say or how you all look at me, because you'll pay the price, far beyond your means. You don't want the trouble that I bring.

#9    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

This is my 1st post.

I live in La Puente. Galster Park is about 3-4 miles away from me. I never been there. I never knew it was haunted until just recently. That's a spooky read there. Good luck with researching on Galster Park & be careful out there.

I'm glad you posted. It is indeed a very disturbing place. Remember it's always good to never come to this park alone. Just for safety purposes. Gangs are known to hang out there in the day. But by nightfall, well, that's a whole different story.

#10    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• 1,995 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:57 AM

Mr. Sinister, I've searched everywhere and I can't find anything about a child being murdered in that park.
Do you have any more information besides the name of the park and the murders taking place in the 90's?
I even looked for a man jumping from a tower and couldn't find anything about that either.
I did find a lot of info on the park and the town itself, but nothing that had to do with this.

#11    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

I found a little information on this: Its too disturbing to even think about:

West Covina - Galster park - This park is located on a hill with 3 entrances. It has been closed off because children have been raped and murdered there. People have seen a pathway leading to the house of the murderer. The man would take the children and rape and beat them. If you go there late at night you are able to hear the screams and the pleas of the children. A boy wearing a sweater with a massive scar on his face has been seen standing at the entrance of the first or second gate. He has been seen inviting people into the park. Telling them to come in and see what is inside. The boy has been seen at different ages, one as a child and the other as an adolescent. This place is VERY real.- Extreme precautions should be taken if you dare to enter. This is no joke. a group of investigators where chased out by men carrying knives

#12    Jules22871

Jules22871

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:39 AM

I found a little information on this: Its too disturbing to even think about:

West Covina - Galster park - This park is located on a hill with 3 entrances. It has been closed off because children have been raped and murdered there. People have seen a pathway leading to the house of the murderer. The man would take the children and rape and beat them. If you go there late at night you are able to hear the screams and the pleas of the children. A boy wearing a sweater with a massive scar on his face has been seen standing at the entrance of the first or second gate. He has been seen inviting people into the park. Telling them to come in and see what is inside. The boy has been seen at different ages, one as a child and the other as an adolescent. This place is VERY real.- Extreme precautions should be taken if you dare to enter. This is no joke. a group of investigators where chased out by men carrying knives

Was that all the info it had?  Do you still have the link?  I would like to read some more on this but I am coming up empty in my search.

Posted Image

#13    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• 1,995 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

Was that all the info it had?  Do you still have the link?  I would like to read some more on this but I am coming up empty in my search.

I'm with you Jules, I'd like to see something, a link that offers some info.

#14    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm with you Jules, I'd like to see something, a link that offers some info.

This is one I located on the web..JN

http://theshadowlands.net/places/california2.htm

#15    raistlan316

raistlan316

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

This is one I located on the web..JN
http://theshadowlands.net/places/california2.htm

Unfortunately these postings are sent in by anybody that wants to post something, and undergo no screening whatsoever.  Many of these listings are either "heresay" ramblings, or out and out lies.  Read through a bunch of them and you'll see what I mean.  As a rule of thumb, I don't take any of the Shadowlands postings seriously unless I can back it up with other information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users