Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Dark Woods of West Covina, CA

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16    Jules22871

Jules22871

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

Unfortunately these postings are sent in by anybody that wants to post something, and undergo no screening whatsoever. Many of these listings are either "heresay" ramblings, or out and out lies. Read through a bunch of them and you'll see what I mean. As a rule of thumb, I don't take any of the Shadowlands postings seriously unless I can back it up with other information.

Yup, what he said.

Posted Image

#17    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:50 PM

Yup, what he said.

All I said was this is something I found on the web, I never said it was true, just searched for some kind of info..JN

#18    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

Greetings to those of you who have taken an interest in this subject. At this moment in time my search for info is ongoing. Please try to understand that I do not have a team of people helping me out. I am one man trying to find the truth. The problem though as w/ anything is that for every grain of truth, lies a pile of drivvle. As I stated when I first posted this subject, these are merley stories until proven otherwise. I will not take stories and make them factual.I have been told a few different stories by some of the people that live in the area. But they are just that for now,stories. After hours of looking through old postings for anything, I have still yet to find what I seek. These stories arose in the early 90s and so I am searching for anything of that time period that may be of help. I appreciate any help I can get. If anyone does come across anything please feel free to let me know.                  
           As for what I have experienced at this place for myself, I believe that there are spirits that remain here(my belief). As to who this spirit is or what its purpose is, I do not know at this moment of time. If anyone has gone, please let me know about your experience.

"Man's Desire to learn has always outreached his grasp. But with patience comes the key to understanding. Without this key,we are doomed."

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#19    Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

My friends and I went there sometime last week late at night it was 2 boys and 3 girls... we didnít go in the park but we did notice a hole in the gate that some people were climbing threw... The 2 boys wanted to go in but I refused. I had told them I heard that cops sometime drive by and check to see of people are breaking in and entering... I for one didnt want to get in trouble with the law. So we were just about to leave and sure enough 2 cop cars pass by.... so we up and left. Yesterday my 2 best friends and I went there around 7... I had my camera phone and was taking pictures I thought maybe we'll capture something. We looked at the pictures at home but we didnt find anything but then again we didnt really look closely to see if we can see anything. Sometime I had that eerie feeling we were being watched but I wasnt sure...There are 2 bathrooms one by the playground and one at the top of one of the trails... My friends and I really had to go to the bathroom and as we walked around different trails to find a bathroom we found the one but the odd thing was it was closed... could this be the bathroom the murderer harmed the kids? As we walked around we took some trails that were just random... we went up this trail and at the beginning of the trail there was this random like shack looking thing but it looked like a shack that had controls for lights then if you keep going up the trail there was a random bench that look like it shouldnt have been there. Then we walked around some more and there was a trail that went up really high like up to the top of the mountain my friend Renee didnt want to go up there is that where the shack may be found? We are possibly gunna go there tonight what do you recommend us doing?

Edited by Little Ms Ghost Hunter, 07 July 2007 - 07:50 PM.

#20    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:52 PM

My friends and I went there sometime last week late at night it was 2 boys and 3 girls... we didnít go in the park but we did notice a hole in the gate that some people were climbing threw... The 2 boys wanted to go in but I refused. I had told them I heard that cops sometime drive by and check to see of people are breaking in and entering... I for one didnt want to get in trouble with the law. So we were just about to leave and sure enough 2 cop cars pass by.... so we up and left. Yesterday my 2 best friends and I went there around 7... I had my camera phone and was taking pictures I thought maybe we'll capture something. We looked at the pictures at home but we didnt find anything but then again we didnt really look closely to see if we can see anything. Sometime I had that eerie feeling we were being watched but I wasnt sure...There are 2 bathrooms one by the playground and one at the top of one of the trails... My friends and I really had to go to the bathroom and as we walked around different trails to find a bathroom we found the one but the odd thing was it was closed... could this be the bathroom the murderer harmed the kids? As we walked around we took some trails that were just random... we went up this trail and at the beginning of the trail there was this random like shack looking thing but it looked like a shack that had controls for lights then if you keep going up the trail there was a random bench that look like it shouldnt have been there. Then we walked around some more and there was a trail that went up really high like up to the top of the mountain my friend Renee didnt want to go up there is that where the shack may be found? We are possibly gunna go there tonight what do you recommend us doing?

Go for it again, and "try" to get at least one photo, that would be cool....

#21    Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

Go for it again, and "try" to get at least one photo, that would be cool....

Should I bring my digital camera?

#22    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Should I bring my digital camera?

Absolutely, or cell phone cam, disposable, whatever you have. The minute you even sense something, SHOOT IT..Just dont get arrested... no.gif

#23    Duke Nukeum

Duke Nukeum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:14 AM

I'm glad you posted. It is indeed a very disturbing place. Remember it's always good to never come to this park alone. Just for safety purposes. Gangs are known to hang out there in the day. But by nightfall, well, that's a whole different story.

I take it that this park doesn't have it's own Ranger's, Police Department or Security Officers then? So if a person would want to go at night they could then just as long as Municipal Police or Sheriff's Department doesn't see right? Just curious. Too bad they don't have there own police department. Keep those gangs out you mentioned. I am from Ohio myself but wouldn't mind seeing the park if I was ever out in CA.

"Come Get Some!" Duke Nukeum

#24    Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:15 AM

Here is a picture I captured I didnt mean for it to be blury but I was walking...When I got home I uploaded it. I was so upset I didnt capture anything untill this morning I reveiwed the picture and I noticed somthing on the right side in the middle but near the top. It was apart of a little boys face/neck he has a white turtle neck on and he is smiling. I took this picture with my camera phone. Its not a refection of anything or anyone cause there was nothing around for it to reflect off of and nobody was around me, My friends were way infront of me and I just took the picture because I felt like I was being watched.

You may need to zoom up close but not to close

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x229/007Grad/ghost.jpg

Edited by Little Ms Ghost Hunter, 08 July 2007 - 12:16 AM.

#25    Jules22871

Jules22871

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

I am not seeing anything.  Can you possibly circle the area you are talking about?

Posted Image

#26    Pythia

Pythia

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:59 AM

I've sent this story to several friends of mine in the area.(and out of the area)
I can't believe that someone raped and murdered several children and noone's ever heard of it.
I'll let you guys know if I get anything back.

#27    Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

Here is a picture I captured I didnt mean for it to be blury but I was walking...When I got home I uploaded it. I was so upset I didnt capture anything untill this morning I reveiwed the picture and I noticed somthing on the right side in the middle but near the top. It was apart of a little boys face/neck he has a white turtle neck on and he is smiling. I took this picture with my camera phone. Its not a refection of anything or anyone cause there was nothing around for it to reflect off of and nobody was around me, My friends were way infront of me and I just took the picture because I felt like I was being watched.

You may need to zoom up close but not to close

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x229/007Grad/ghost.jpg

Here I circled it.. but you may have to zoom in.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x229/007Grad/Ghost.jpg

#28    Jules22871

Jules22871

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for circling that.  I took the pic and all I did was zoom in and crop.  Here is what I got...

linked-image

Posted Image

#29    Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Little Ms Ghost Hunter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:15 AM

Here I circled it.. but you may have to zoom in.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x229/007Grad/Ghost.jpg

Thats it

#30    Jules22871

Jules22871

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

Not sure what it is but it has a pretty creepy smile on it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users