Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Dark Woods of West Covina, CA

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46    Teh_Twilight_God

Teh_Twilight_God

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• every anwser has a question

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

if u going to take  precautions wepons wont help you because you cant kill or fight a ghost what would help you would most likely be holy water and a cross but then again that seems to only work on malius spirts and the ghost of children dont really seem malius but there might be a few there tho

fishys go RAWR =D

#47    Stygean Hugh

Stygean Hugh

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

• You know, they say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you, it's schizophrenia.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

This is a really interesting story to me because it sounds nearly identical to an urban legand we have out in Pleasanton CA. I grew up there and when I was in middle school a teacher told us all a story consernig a wild life park we have called "the ridge." She told us that at some undetermined time there had been a serial child rapest/ murder that upon kidnapping them would take their teddy bear. Its is said that there is an old tree somewhere on the ridge on which he hung each bear by the neck as a symbol of his crime. At first I thought she was just trying to scare us, but when I asked around several friends said they new of the  "story" from various other sorses. I did my research, and even tried to go on a little adventure to the spot. None of my friends were brave enough to accompany me. so I never actually went. But like your story, I could find no confermed documentation of the discribed events. And being an amature detective I thought it bad police work to not collect the bears as evidance sence some one obviously knew in order to tell the story.   I was really amazed by the similartied with your story and what surposedly happened out here. I do believe its just a story. It has been my experiance upon great study of serial killers, that child killers are especially sensationalized. For there to be no news paper articals archived or documented word anywhere I debunked the story. That doesn't mean if a tree falls in the forest and know one hears it, it didnt happen. But its probably just a story.

The truth is out there.

#48    Shalott

Shalott

~not an ambi-turner~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• I trust you at the wheel even if we're going down

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

^ I agree, this is sounding like an urban legend. Apart from the theshadowlands link, has any other info been found regarding the supposed events that took place? When I search on google, the only links I get are theshadowlands or this forum (including this one from a couple weeks ago). I'm not trying to rain on the parade at all, just reminding people that a lack of information would suggest the events likely didn't take place either at all, or specifically in that park, so it's hard to assume that people are seeing the ghosts of raped and murdered children, nevermind capturing them on camera unsure.gif it's possible the place is haunted, in the above link someone who lives near there mentions that a few people have died there (such as suicide), however the story of a child-killer is basically non-existant unless through word of mouth.

#49    momentarylapseofreason

momentarylapseofreason

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,132 posts

• Warning: This member may contain traces of Nut

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

I don't think we need protection do we ? If there is something there can be no harm done.

I would still go alone as to not be distracted. It's really best not to know anything about it ahead of time.

The power of suggestion is amazing.

I really don't see anything on those pics. I could go into the woods over here and see "things" too but maybe there is something ? Don't know.

It's easy to find something if you are looking or expecting it.

I'd like to feel the place out. (excuse the pun-if you are so inclined) I am always sceptical but once in a while there really is something odd or out of place.

Edited by momentarylapseofreason, 09 July 2007 - 02:54 PM.

If religion contained any truth, it could be ridiculed, insulted, even defiled without being diminished in any way. Its truth would shine through undimmed, unblemished, shaming those who abused it into silence. But that's not how things are. Religion is prickly, it's intolerant, it's ultra-defensive precisely because it's brittle and fragile.- Pat Condell

#50    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

I don't think we need protection do we ?

If there is something there can be no harm done.

I would still go alone as to not be distracted.

It's really best not to know anything about it ahead of time.

not a good idea, thats how people end up missing there
PD will not step foot in park after 6pm
too many Gang vatos IE & Devil cults KKK after hours

i also know that when it was closed for constrution that they
poured a large amount of cement maybe 10+ Holiday rock trucks
of mud into a hole in the middle of the shack,but i found no records
they did one truck a day early morning for about two weeks straight

Covina - Zelda's Lagend - In the Early 1900's a young girl around 15 was kidnapped and taken to an underground tunnel by a cult. The cult sacrificed her latter that night in the end of the tunnel. No-one has ever made it to the end of the tunnel and if they have they never came out. In the OG legend if you make it to the end the girl Zelda will sacrifice you to.

this sounds like the end of blare witch, i seen it once never again!

be smart & safe out there in #s also get nightvision

Posted Image
Stop Following Me Fur Ball

#51    TruBeliever

TruBeliever

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• "Let them eat cake"

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:38 PM

I used to live in the Pomona/Montclair area, back in the early 80's. it was during the time I was going thru FMF training at Pendleton. Since it was a school, and I was a E-4 I got permission to live off base. I have always heard rumors about West Covina being a hotbed of paranormal and full of "Witches Covens". Is there any truth to this rumor, or is it just that?

Tru

#52    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

There were never any murders in Galster Park, this just a bunch of urban legend crap.  They just renovated the whole park over the last few years.  Hundreds of people go through the park a day.  They bring elementary school kids there on field trips and camping trips.  It has a full time volunteer staff at the nature center in the park.  It's also sandwiched between two country clubs.  I don't know how this stuff gets started but it's bogus.

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

#53    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

if u going to take  precautions wepons wont help you because you cant kill or fight a ghost what would help you would most likely be holy water and a cross but then again that seems to only work on malius spirts and the ghost of children dont really seem malius but there might be a few there tho

most ghost cant harm you but they all watch &
can mess with you most R scared and flee from noise
they do seem to more power when you R alone?

I have always heard rumors about West Covina being a hotbed of paranormal and full of "Witches Covens". Is there any truth to this rumor, or is it just that?

True and many parts of the north state Oakland also

we will focus on them out when get done with indo & congo

Witch Killers in Congo (800) Since June 15, 2001, over 800 suspected witches were hacked to death in villages in rebel-held northeastern Congo. "Villagers were saying that some people had bewitched others, and they started lynching them. By the time we discovered this, 60 people had already been killed by early last week. About 200 people lost their lives," Brig. Henry Tumukunde said.

Ugandan troops -- who had been in northeastern Congo since 1998 in support of a rebellion against the Congolese government but had been evacuated earlier in the year -- were sent back to the area to stop the killings. The killings began in Aru, 50 miles south of Sudan on the Ugandan border, but have quickly spread throughout northeastern Congo. Diseases and other troubles endemic to the region were being blamed on witchcraft which in turn led to the rampaging violence.

Indonesian Witch Hunters (140+) Since September, 1998, more than 153 people have been murdered in East Java by groups of men clad in black wearing Ninja-style masks. The victims have been mostly Muslim clerics, black magicians and other people accused of sorcery.

The killers have struck against the sorcerers at night, cutting their throats and sometimes hanging their mutilated bodies in trees or tossing them in the street. Victims sometimes have been cut into small pieces and their body parts thrown into mosques.

Shocked by the mysterious murders, Indonesia's justice minister proposed outlawing black magic. In scenes reminiscent of the Salem witch hunts, mobs have also attacked and killed people suspected of being black magicians. Police have arrested more than 100 suspects, but acknowledge there's no clear motive for the grisly slayings.

Justice Minister Muladi blamed the mayhem on the sorcerers themselves and said that anyone who openly claims they can kill or hurt others with black magic should be punished. "That would be one way to resolve the witchcraft issue," added Muladi.

The commander of the Indonesian armed forces said that he had ordered police to bring an end to the mayhem According to Lieutenant-Colonel Isnarno, lynchings have increased as locals, tired of the failure of the police to solve the killings, have started to attack anyone suspected of being involved in the murder spree. Police say at least 10 murder suspects have been killed in east Java alone.

Indonesia's military -- though suspected of being involved in the killings -- has pledged to solve the mystery behind the wave of gruesome murders asap. Analysts have pointed to the butchery as another sign of the lawlessness that hit Indonesia after the economic and political crisis that led to the downfall of President Suharto in May.

Posted Image

#54    TruBeliever

TruBeliever

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• "Let them eat cake"

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

most ghost cant harm you but they all watch &
can mess with you most R scared and flee from noise
they do seem to more power when you R alone?

Witch Killers in Congo (800) Since June 15, 2001, over 800 suspected witches were hacked to death in villages in rebel-held northeastern Congo. "Villagers were saying that some people had bewitched others, and they started lynching them. By the time we discovered this, 60 people had already been killed by early last week. About 200 people lost their lives," Brig. Henry Tumukunde said.

Ugandan troops -- who had been in northeastern Congo since 1998 in support of a rebellion against the Congolese government but had been evacuated earlier in the year -- were sent back to the area to stop the killings. The killings began in Aru, 50 miles south of Sudan on the Ugandan border, but have quickly spread throughout northeastern Congo. Diseases and other troubles endemic to the region were being blamed on witchcraft which in turn led to the rampaging violence.

Indonesian Witch Hunters (140+) Since September, 1998, more than 153 people have been murdered in East Java by groups of men clad in black wearing Ninja-style masks. The victims have been mostly Muslim clerics, black magicians and other people accused of sorcery.

The killers have struck against the sorcerers at night, cutting their throats and sometimes hanging their mutilated bodies in trees or tossing them in the street. Victims sometimes have been cut into small pieces and their body parts thrown into mosques.

Shocked by the mysterious murders, Indonesia's justice minister proposed outlawing black magic. In scenes reminiscent of the Salem witch hunts, mobs have also attacked and killed people suspected of being black magicians. Police have arrested more than 100 suspects, but acknowledge there's no clear motive for the grisly slayings.

Justice Minister Muladi blamed the mayhem on the sorcerers themselves and said that anyone who openly claims they can kill or hurt others with black magic should be punished. "That would be one way to resolve the witchcraft issue," added Muladi.

The commander of the Indonesian armed forces said that he had ordered police to bring an end to the mayhem According to Lieutenant-Colonel Isnarno, lynchings have increased as locals, tired of the failure of the police to solve the killings, have started to attack anyone suspected of being involved in the murder spree. Police say at least 10 murder suspects have been killed in east Java alone.

Indonesia's military -- though suspected of being involved in the killings -- has pledged to solve the mystery behind the wave of gruesome murders asap. Analysts have pointed to the butchery as another sign of the lawlessness that hit Indonesia after the economic and political crisis that led to the downfall of President Suharto in May.

Ok...where is the documentation to support these rumors?

Tru

#55    Belle.

Belle.

Poltergeist

• 2,399 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:47 AM

Hi,

You guys might like to try the local librarian for some info. I'm a librarian and we always get asked for info on hauntings in the local area. Two of the Local Studies Librarians have a large "Ghost File" with all the correspondance and newspapers articles on the subject for the last 20 years pertaining to the local area. The most facinating are the letters from people asking about thier own particular houses.

Being in Australia I'm not so sure about where the closest library is but I am hazzarding a guess this is it. There is also a 'ask a librarian' link. Also local history groups might have info.

http://www.colapublib.org/libs/wcovina/

Cheers,
Betsy

P.S My partner and I just bought a house, we missed out on the one we really wanted but I'm glad we did! As when I was looking in the 'Ghost File' I noticed that the house next door - 5-6 metres away - is one of the most haunted places in the town!

#56    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

Congo death toll rises to 843

Witch-hunt

Oakland Pagan Meetup Group

yeah newspapers are good but

Courthouses keep their records longer

RIVERSIDE courthouse Within its granite-trimmed walls,
the grisly "Chicken Coop Murders" trial made national
headlines during the summer of 1929.

brutal murders of children in the Wineville District

Northcott, Gordon Stewart hung end of page

Posted Image

#57    Barek Halfhand

Barek Halfhand

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Here I circled it.. but you may have to zoom in.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x229/007Grad/Ghost.jpg
I missed this!...evidently you peeps in sunny CA have something to attend to.....b

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand, 06 October 2007 - 01:46 PM.

#58    Jack-O-Lantern

Jack-O-Lantern

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:48 AM

this is quite a interesting haunting im very interested in going to the spot one day and examinating the area????

#59    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

• The unknown is what people are really scared of.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:55 AM

this is quite a interesting haunting im very interested in going to the spot one day and examinating the area????

Was that a guestion? tongue.gif

Posted Image

www.myspace.com/veliska28

#60    Starscream

Starscream

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

• More Than Meets the I

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:31 AM

at the top of trail they is a fencened off tower

it looks like the old sniper towers in germany?

i may be fresh air vents for under silo?

pic at end 6:57

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users