Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New superhero suit material developed

UM-Bot

user posted image rIts rock-hard surface can take a full- on assault from a baseball bat, yet remains flexible enough to allow you to kick, leap and roll with perfect ease. Crafted from cutting-edge science, its unique molecular structure means that while providing armoured protection against crude concrete and even barbed wire, it remains light enough to allow you to run at high speed.

It sounds like the stuff of Batman comics - but the superhero suit is here.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Sunday Herald

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyWeather

• Tejina: Ex Arctic Elfie

• Star_girl

• Wolfen69

This was on the discovery channel.

Edited by Primeval

Wow now that is something! inspiration for all those who the world says are idiots and what they dream cannot come true.

I can just imagine all of a sudden a surge in caped costume sales!

Now if they made real sized Gundams or some other battle mech I'd be happy. Heck, I'd sign up to be a test pilot for one of those. Yeah it might blow up in my face, there's a risk of loss of life, but...

*Ignores the fact she has a fear of heights, can't fly a plane and grinds gears*

I'd so be in line.

As for caped costumes... Think they make that stuff in purple, sans cape. *Grins* I want a Ninja outfit like Psylocke's. This Elfie would be stylin'!

Okay, I'm-a buy one. I want you all to line up with baseball bats, concrete, barbed wire - heck you can be imaginative and mix and match - then we can see if it works~

Well if it is too heavy for a full costume and too costly. Just make some underwear. Got to protect the important stuff.

Besides they say nothing about how hot the stuff is to wear? If the stuff is like rubber I bet it is real hot and not fun to have on. I also think that the stuff may protect you from a bat but it would not protect you from the force. In other words it would keep the damage down but you would be knocked backwards. In the movies I all ways see some guy being shoot and then you find out they had a bullet proof vest on. If I was a bad guy and knew this I would just shoot there face or any place I saw skin. Same with this stuff, “Look man with rubber suit walking up to me, too bad it does not cover their eyes !BAP! .” OK first I would think the guy was a nut for having a rubber suit on in this heat and then bap him in the eyes.

I see a real use for this stuff if it is fire proof for fireman or other places that people take a lot of abuse.

Awesome, but I'm still waiting for the Star Trek Federation.

Well if it is too heavy for a full costume and too costly. Just make some underwear. Got to protect the important stuff.

Hear hear! :D