Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Huge Moth/Butterfly Omen of Death

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

I've never heard this.
What I learned,was moths,are the soul of a dead person.They appear to you if it's a dead loved one of yours.
They are not bad luck ,or omens of death.

The butterfly story,I cannot comment on,as I've never heard this before.
There are some beautiful black butterflies,that I used to catch as a child.
Im still here so....

Miss me?

#47    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

I live too far in a suburban sprawl for any butterflies to visit  :cry:

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#48    TheNightOwl

TheNightOwl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

As a mottephobic/lepidopteraphobic (spelling?), I really regret reading this thread.

#49    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I think the more important question here is how you're 26, and your mother is 36.

#50    monsoonwidme

monsoonwidme

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

hey i kno..it sounds weird..n its kinda awkward to tell about the whole black butterfly things to friends too..they"d think u r weird.i have gone through same stuff as you.But not as close as you though.i saw this black huge butterfly in night outside my balcony.at first i thought it was a bird "small one..then again i thought it was weird for birds to hover around that close..so i looked at it carefully..and then it was there very preety but again really mysterious butterfly, totallie black in color.i didnt give much attention then..but few weeks later i saw it again..it was hovering all over me..and even more intresting is i was driving and it was keeping up with me..i checked into google and saw all these myth stuff.so i talked about it with my fren,she said i was just wasting  my time..but i was kindaa scared i have my family stuffs too..and i was worried.i talked about it with my grandmom.she didnt kno much about those myths..BUt Den rit away 2 weeks later grandmom passed away just like that..she wasnt ill or anything..5 minutes ago she was talking and 5 minutes later she was gone..
so i don kno if i still believe in these stuff.i still dont think black butterflies are ominous..i saw it twice and all i remember is staring at it admiringly.i"m sure i"ll be a lil scraed the next time i see it but i know i wont kill it..i think it as a  messanger..atleast to me,i believe it was there to remind me to b strong..to do everything it takes ..to make the person i care b  happy..the next time i see it i"will kno..the clock that started ticking when i first saw it mit stop the day i see it again..but till then i hav enough time"so next time i see it and the same thing happens,i wont complain i didnt know..it would happen..i"ll just be gratefull that i knew it before it could happen..Though it really does hurt to kno things beforehand..but atlest"for my part i kno that the butterfly knows how special that person for me is"..

#51    pinkladie

pinkladie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

I realize this reply is years later....but I only read it today....apparently I am the definition of what people would consider a natural born Witch.  On the outside I look 'normal' and but have abilities that are anything but 'normal'.  I do not practice Witchcraft from any textbook...'things' just come to me and I react with whatever happens to come to me at the time.  (Enough about me)

How is your Mother?  The Moth is most certainly an omen of death....especially if you recognize it as that.  Many moths land on peoples houses  I'm sure, and no death occurs inside....but for those few who recognize the Moth and acknowledge it for what it is...death is sure to come!  It is your belief that gives the power.  It is best to 'pay no mind' to the moth that lands on your house....starving it instead of feeding it...even 'laughing' at it, showing it YOU hold the power.  Better to squash it...if you lack the confidence you need, it will ease your mind...giving it 'the death' instead.

Really hope your Mom is okay and you are too.
Pinkladie

#52    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

((shaken my head))    dieing  or dead doesnt matter what critter is near by when your time is up  your time is up
  if critters was omans so to speak then lol i'd been dead a long time now cause always have had black cats crows butterflys/moths owls black crickets ect around  here even a few birds fly in the house   and a brown bat once or twice  untill  the grim reaper returns i just finger flip  the rest off just me... :gun:

#53    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

This is about the Black Witch Moth.

In many cultures, one of these moths flying into the house is considered bad luck: e.g., in Mexico, when there is sickness in a house and this moth enters, it is believed the sick person will die, though a variation on this theme (in the lower Rio Grande Valley, Texas) is that death only occurs if the moth flies in and visits all four corners of one's house (in Mesoamerica, from the prehispanic era until the present time, moths have been associated with death and the number four). In some parts of Mexico, people joke that if one flies over someone's head, the person will lose his hair.

http://en.wikipedia....calapha_odorata

#54    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Posted Image

#55    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Pretty much identical to a collection of short stories book I have called "more tales for the midnight hour" by j.b stamper where one of the short stories is about how sighting a certain species of moth (though in the story the guy kills the moth) leads to death.

#56    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I havent heard anything about Moths/Butterflies being omens of death or spirits of the dead. I swear I learn something everytime I come to this thread.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#57    mosespleidades

mosespleidades

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi

A black moth around or inside your house is an omen of death.
There is something you can do to ward off death and prevent that someone you love dies.

I have been a Demonologer since I was twenty one years old and have been successfully working with the Necronomicon ever since  and I am now thrifty two years of age and I have always used a spell to save my life and the people I love from dying all these years and the spell always work

Here is the spell

Take a shoe,  it could be new or used go to your bedroom and put the shoe under your bed then flip it upside down and keep it there

That spell will prevent anyone you love or yourself from dying

I also suggest that you go to a catholic church and ask a priest to hear your confession because this generates good karma

The most powerful man in the world his holiness Pope Benediction xvI (peace and blessings from god be upon him) always keeps in his possession the medal of saint benedict

Ask a priest of the Catholic Church (which is the only church Jesus left humanity) to give you the medal of saint benedict and ask him to bless it just as His holiness (may the Lord be pleased with him) did when he was a young man, he is now 85 years old

I wish this message would bring you peace my friend just as it did me!

Attached Files

#58    deathmoon

deathmoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

that is a known omen from my country. my grandma told me before when a black butterfly that only you can see and cannot be seen by others is the true omen. but if everybody can see it, it means its just a normal butterfly that is probably loss its way.

Attached Files

#59    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

Salem Mora, on 13 July 2007 - 07:23 PM, said:

Sweetie, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, or what you're talking about, but the first link is a large black butterfly is native to Mexico and southern Texas, and the second link is a little history of the omens of moths and butterfiles.

Honestly, it's not common around here. And I hate to believe such tales but it is all coinciding(sp?) and it keeps getting me stressed out. Not to mention, today is Friday the 13th. Trust me, Im not naturally superstitious..but all these signs...could they all just be a strange coincidence and nothing more? I truly, truly hope so... things are looking bleak and I can see my whole life just falling apart if my mother dies. She is the only person that I love and she is all that I have. I'd rather it be me than her. I have prayed, that if someone in this household is going to die soon...I have asked for them to take my life instead of anyone elses. For all you witches out there..is there anyway one can be traded in for another? Can death make an exception? Will it trade?

Please don't worry so much. And please don't wish it would be you who died instead of your mother. There is no pain greater than that of a parent surviving their children. I've had many said omens in my life and nothing happpend to me or my family. It's superstition. Don't let this negativity be a part of your life because it will eat away at you and you will always be worried. If your mother is sick, be there for her and chear her up. Don't burden her with talk of omens. Smile a lot and hug a lot. :)

Edited by SpiritTraveler, 01 March 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#60    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Alienated Being, on 28 March 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I think the more important question here is how you're 26, and your mother is 36.

Edited by SpiritTraveler, 01 March 2014 - 06:40 AM.

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users