Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do we get to pick our parents?

Aubrienne_Ellyrias

silly question i know, but i was watching this thing on tv. where the daughter tells the mother "thats why i chose you as my mother" and it went on, but now it just got me thinking do we do that? do yo uthink we pick our parents? like they give us people we have to choose from and we just pick?? lol sounds crazy i know, but my friends mom is a catholic and she was telling me how they beleive this thing about all babies are with god before they are born and they are little angels. when their time comes they get to pick there parents and they get to see how their life will be wether they like it or not they must live it. and then when they are born all memory is erased. anyone ever heard of that before? i knwo its kind of silly and im not a very religious person, but i do respect other beleives so yeah. had me wondering what u think?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimbo24

• put413

• glorybebe

• Aubrienne_Ellyrias

silly question i know, but i was watching this thing on tv. where the daughter tells the mother "thats why i chose you as my mother" and it went on, but now it just got me thinking do we do that? do yo uthink we pick our parents? like they give us people we have to choose from and we just pick?? lol sounds crazy i know, but my friends mom is a catholic and she was telling me how they beleive this thing about all babies are with god before they are born and they are little angels. when their time comes they get to pick there parents and they get to see how their life will be wether they like it or not they must live it. and then when they are born all memory is erased. anyone ever heard of that before? i knwo its kind of silly and im not a very religious person, but i do respect other beleives so yeah. had me wondering what u think?

The Celestine Prophecy also delves into this theory. It is quite an interesting idea. Also if you think about reincarnation, supposedly we either gravitate to loved ones from other lives or are born into the same family.

To my understanding we do chose our parents and one or both parents were likely known in a past life. The book "Unveiled Mysteries" is a good place to start when seeking to understand questions like this.

well i picked the best mom ever then! lol hey thanks guys!

thats very intresting then, if we do lose our memory when were born.

Interesting but why would so many children pick parents that abuse them or will abort them? :hmm:

Interesting but why would so many children pick parents that abuse them or will abort them? :hmm:

I'm sure I didn't pick my parents. My mother ran off and my father put me in an orphanage. My wonderful grandmother raised me, maybe I picked her.

I'm sure I didn't pick my parents. My mother ran off and my father put me in an orphanage. My wonderful grandmother raised me, maybe I picked her.

You and your grandmother are two of the lucky ones.... :)

I don't thing so, but in the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" they give you a guide on how to pick a good life.

Here was a post about it on UM:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1773083

It was great, I got if from Netfix. After I got done watching it I thought "Now I understand how death works." I can't expain it you have to see it.

maybe you dont know what kid of parents they are just how they look? lol i wouldnt know ohwelll

Since I'm a strong believer in Reincarnation, I've heard it said that we do pick our parents, as well as our Life Theme. And from what I've read too we have spent several incarnations with our current immediate family. Maybe your daughter could've been your mom in a past life. One lady was told that her young son was actually her grandfather that passed away.

I'm almost certain that my father and I shared a past life in a familial relationship.

linked-image

I believe we choose our parents and also the basic blueprint for our lives.

It may seem a blase answer, but perhaps the parents chose in their blueprint that they would experience some sort of heartache that they would have to fight hard to get through and perhaps the abortion was part of this plan, it may even be that the child agreed to become the aborted in order to be of service in some way.

As for abusive parents, strewth, the answer to that could be a massive undertaking, it could be anything from the child once being the abuser in another life to something like the child needed those parents for genetic reasons but it's foster parents who they would be forwarded on to, were actually always in line to take care of them.

The possibilities are virtually endless, if we could see these blueprints as a drawing, I bet there would be millions of lines going all over the place.

It may seem a blase answer, but perhaps the parents chose in their blueprint that they would experience some sort of heartache that they would have to fight hard to get through and perhaps the abortion was part of this plan, it may even be that the child agreed to become the aborted in order to be of service in some way.

As for abusive parents, strewth, the answer to that could be a massive undertaking, it could be anything from the child once being the abuser in another life to something like the child needed those parents for genetic reasons but it's foster parents who they would be forwarded on to, were actually always in line to take care of them.

The possibilities are virtually endless, if we could see these blueprints as a drawing, I bet there would be millions of lines going all over the place.

Exactly, and another possibility is that those parents were to teach that child a lesson that they needed in order to live this life as best as they could.

i don't think we get to pick our parents, because i'm not sure we exist in any way shape or form before conception

Yes, no need for me to type anything here. You said what I believe. I'm not sure where I learned of this but you just stated it perfectly. :yes: I love you hun :wub: Jody

Check out .... "Jouney of Souls" & "Destiny of Souls" ..... interesting reads.

B)

LF,

You stated this wonderfully. I believe this same theory and when I talk to people about this subject I have used the same word as you have "blueprint".

I believe that we make these choices before we hit the human form again coming from our spirit form. And it's about (imho) experiencing something we need to experience this lifetime so that we may not have to repeat it in the next one until some forever moment when we finally reach that enlightened state. I also believe, too, that many people stay within their familial bounds. I know of a friend who could swear that his deceased grandfather is now his nephew. I know some people think that sounds weird, but oh well... I believe it. And I don't really think that b/c you were male in this lifetime you will always be male (or vice versa - female) in other lifetimes.

It's really cool to think about those endless possibilities !

:rolleyes:

Since I'm a strong believer in Reincarnation, I've heard it said that we do pick our parents, as well as our Life Theme. And from what I've read too we have spent several incarnations with our current immediate family. Maybe your daughter could've been your mom in a past life. One lady was told that her young son was actually her grandfather that passed away.

I'm almost certain that my father and I shared a past life in a familial relationship.

linked-image

Do you know how someone would find out their life theme?!?!

It seems so interesting.. Looks fun.

Do you know how someone would find out their life theme?!?!

It seems so interesting.. Looks fun.

Sometimes meditation works.

the abortion was part of this plan, it may even be that the child agreed to become the aborted in order to be of service in some way.
This caught my attention and brought a thought to mind, so I will just throw it out there. What if the soul that agreed to become the aborted chose this so that they would not be tempted or drawn to be born to another person? What if they knew it was not the right time for them to be together, but if it was aborted it would not only help the mom to learn from the experience but to ensure that it ( the spirit/soul, whatever) was going to be free to be that woman's child when the time was right? Maybe I am reaching, but it could be an explanation.

interesting, i have this memory and in it its like a third and frist person view of me as a baby sitting in a high chair watching people paint my room to our old house (we have moved now) the thing is iv never really know if it was just a dream or it was somehow my spirit. (the old house had all the painting done well before i was born)

interesting, i have this memory and in it its like a third and frist person view of me as a baby sitting in a high chair watching people paint my room to our old house (we have moved now) the thing is iv never really know if it was just a dream or it was somehow my spirit. (the old house had all the painting done well before i was born)

Hey, that's cool. When I was like 3 or 4, we went to visit my grandparents and I had never been to their house, they had always come to visit us. We turned on the street and I pointed out their house. My brother still wonders how I knew it was there house, I hadn't seen pictures and their car wasn't parked outside, so I wasn't going by anything familiar.

this is how i remember most of my childhood. I saw myself not was myself, most of my memories of when i was 4 or 5 i remember seeing myself and how I did things, but not being in my body doing them. wierd uh?

Good points all and there are many books out there that can help.I have heard past life hypnotism can also answer questions.Also I belive we pick out those who will mean the most to us before we are born from friends to pets.

Has any one here ever met some and felt like they had known the newly met for a long time?

I also believe we do. It is the only way I can believe in a just God. I used to ask myself how God could let babies be born to starve to death in Ethiopia, for instance. Through study, I have come to believe that these children have their own karmic debit to pay, and we have a life lesson to learn in them. What we do with it is up to us, our own free will. I also learned as a foster parent, that our birth parents are not necessarily our "real" parents, just a vessel to bring us to them.

Considering one of them, my initial reaction was no. But then, I had to reconsider. If my father wasn't an oddball, my parents wouldn't have split and I wouldn't have had such a great Step Father to shape me into who I am today. So I guess maybe. I've heard the concept before and it's interesting to think about. I don't think I'd choose any different.