Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

a strange animal attack

thecreeper

About a month ago on of my friends was attacked while he was in a forest near his house. he was not badly mauled but he could not ID what attacked him. he was only in the hospital for a few days but once he got out he started acting a tad odd. he had a strange oder that seem to make animals hostile around him, he always has bloodshot eyes, always on edge, loss of facial hair, hair changing color from light brown to black (he doesn't dye his hair cause hair dye makes him itch), teeth deformation, strange changes to his nails,bit wounds he suffered healing odd.

My friend ask me to post this cause he doesn't have internet at his house.also Nethier my friend or me think this was a werewolf attack.my friend as gone to the docter over his odd symptoms but the docter found nothing wrong with him.

so I was wondering what you guys could make of this

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecreeper

• WhatTha?

• gypsygrl

• Vincent Campion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was about to say rabies as well, but I've never heard of rabies changing your hair color or whatnot like that. Then again, the only thing I've heard of rabies is that it makes you foam at the mouth and makes you hostile.

Rabies? About the animal, I'm really not sure.

Rabies doesn't give off symptoms so quickly though.

It can take up to a year.

Also, how about a better description of this creature doing the assault?

Edited by Nena

Rabies doesn't give off symptoms so quickly though.

It can take up to a year.

That is a slow, slow disease. I thought it was quick as well.

what did he hear? like what did the animal sound like, noise wise. and could he tell how large it was from the attack?

Try and get some pics of the person in question, but make sure they go easy on the eye-shadow.

Yeah that's what I thought also because I've never seen a case of rabies that was advancing so quickly, but as of now I have no clue as to what infections an animal can give you except for rabies.

It was my hypothesis. :P But the hair thing seems real weird. Maybe it's the stress or something related to the bite.

Edited by Ghø§t

Ya know, Creeper, if you were a REAL friend, you would find this creature and let it bite you so your friend won't feel so alone. :tu:

Ya know, Creeper, if you were a REAL friend, you would find this creature and let it bite you so your friend won't feel so alone. :tu:

:yes: I couldnt agree more!!

That is a slow, slow disease. I thought it was quick as well.

If I recall correctly rabies progresses quickly once the first symptoms show.. but it doesn't immediately develop symptoms (takes 1-3 months-ish). Oddly many of these symptoms seem to coincide with thyroid disorders - which would seem to have nothing to do with being attacked unless it was stress induced.. but thyroid disorders can redden eyes, cause hair loss, irritability, reduced cuticles and bitter nails (though these are rarer symptoms).

the creature could be any thing. First off what did it look like; canine, feline, bear?

It may have been any animal with a disease unknown to science. Hundreds of new diseases are made every day as bacteria mutates and reproduces.

It may have been any animal with a disease unknown to science. Hundreds of new diseases are made every day as bacteria mutates and reproduces.

How do you know there are hundreds daily? o.O It would suck he had some weird unknown virus that was transmitted from whatever bit him.

His teeth are deforming. Within a month? Yes, very hard to believe. And no, you're right not to think it was a werewolf attack.

Then we better hurry up and find this creature before this hair-dying disease explodes into a full-blown epidemic.

what did he hear? like what did the animal sound like, noise wise. and could he tell how large it was from the attack?

he didn't really see the animal, what he saw was a good bit larger than a wolf and it was dark brown in color let off some weird growl that sounded like a really odd gizzly bear

Edited by thecreeper

You are absolutely right:

it is a bit hard to believe.

meh can't blame you

Take a pic of your friends bite, or his scar.

And take pics of his symptoms if he's not too shy. It could be a great help in finding out what he has.

Edited by Ghø§t

Take a pic of your friends bite, or his scar.

And take pics of his symptoms if he's not too shy. It could be a great help in finding out what he has.

I don't have a camera

Does your friend have a camera? Just borrow his, after reading this....I've become intruiged.

Buy a cheap digital cam for 20 bucks or so. Then take a picture. Then take your friend back to the hospital.