Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

English ghost caught on video!

Vera Ikon

Check out this story on CNN.com: Palace Ghost

They only have one photo, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen. However, I have a feeling this one's going to be disproven pretty quickly...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent_21

• Cufflink

• <bleeding_heart>

• WorkMonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is truly a creepy photo, but even if it were real, we (humankind) would go out of our ways to disprove it only because we're not yet ready for somehting like this to be proven. Remeber Ghostbusters? sad.gif

That is freaky,id like to know if this was genuine or not,its a pretty good story anyways.

I haven't seen the video footage, but did hear a couple of the security guys interviewed on radio earlier. They seemed genuinely perplexed. One said that the door the 'ghost' apparently opened was tough for a grown man to manage easily.

The lady in my life told me about this, this morning. She'd spotted it in the papers.

I haven't seen the TV footage, but alas, despite getting my hopes up, it's almost certainly a hoax.

The figure is very solid, and can be seen clearly opening the modern firedoors by the handles. Would a ghost be able to interact with modern firedoors like that. Unless it was self-aware.

Of course, Hampton court will do rather nicely now, with all the extra tourists.

post-10-1071885250.jpg

Well,

To be or not to be that isn't the question for me this look like a super imposed picture of the famous Shakespear! I dont mind the news and all but i don't trust it... i only trust 20/20!

It's not super-imposed. The CCTV footage has not been tampered with. There is clearly a solid figure stood in the doorway. Too solid, which is why it seems so fake.

Shakespeare? What history books have you read? blink.gif Nothing like the bloke.

It is possible for ghosts to interact with more modern equipment! MANY experiences have linked computers turning on themselves, car alarms going off, Televisions changing channels and themselves turning on and off. What's the difference between those and a fire door? and who says ghosts Aren't self aware? huh.gif

Where it is true that the figure is solid, many people have taken photographs with solid figures in them, so what's the difference between a photo and a video? Whether they appear as a vortex, orb, streak, or fully formed apparition, they DO appear. I don't think it would have been covered by so much international media, would it have been so easy to explain away. whistling2.gif

*adjusts Super Sceptics' Hat For Girls*

Sorry ~ this looks way too showy and cheesey to be real.

It has to be a hoax!

Remember all the fuss and kerfuffle about the CCTV footage at Belgrave Hall? 'Finally proof that ghosts exist'?

And it was a leaf ...................

*skips off to put on the kettle and have a cuppa.......after all, I just woke up*

Hammy x x x

wowww.....i hope its true..and i like it..!! grin2.gif

I'm afraid it really isn't true. As Hams points out, it's a total fake.

I saw the moving pictures on the Beeb this morning. Total fake. It's someone in a costume. Hampton Court's bosses are crafty devils. A whole day's free publicity, especially in the States.

this look like a super imposed picture of the famous Shakespear

Jack Shakespeare I presume. huh.gif

I saw the moving pictures on the Beeb this morning.  Total fake.  It's someone in a costume

I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen the footage, and until one does it's just a very stagey image. No doubt someone playing games with the security guys.

Here, though, is our mate Wiseman quoted in the Daily Mail:

'If this is a ghost, it's one of the best images ever. What's good about it is that it's not ambiguous - it's clearly a solid figure, not blurry or a reflection. The main thing is that it's a moving film - and moving film is much, much harder to fake.' grin2.gif

To be honest, without seeing the video it's virtually impossible to comment. Certainly there is nothing in the photo that looks anything more than a jolly jape, but the video may well give a different story.

Anyone seen the video who can comment?

It's an interesting problem with stills of ghosts and ghost photographs, isn't it?

There are hundreds of 'ghost' photographs at the ever excitable Ghoststudy site - HERE, and the vast majority of them are, in my opinion, too nebulous to be anything, or so nebulous as to be nearly everything.

The few very clear ones smack instantly of trickery, as does this particular photograph in Hampton Court.

It raises the question of whether it's actually possible to have a universally convincing ghost photograph (or film for that matter) - in the sense that they all seem to be either too amorphous to be discernable by all but the fanatics; or too clear to be acceptable by all but the gullible.

Edited by Aslan

It raises the question of whether it's actually possible to have a universally convincing ghost photograph (or film for that matter)...

good point, and that can go along with anything really, like aliens, and such

i think most people would need to see it with their own eyes to believe, and honestly i'm oone of those... i may see a picture that looks real, but i remain skeptical

the only experiences i know and trust are my own, but i am very interested in seeing picutres/videos of everything!

I agree with nearly everone else-it's probably a hoax. A very good hoax, but still a hoax. Hey, it kinda does look like Scream doesn't it? Lol. Still very interesting.

Cya!

It sure looks like a real person I wouldn't doubt that it was a real person.

Happy Holidays wink2.gif

There is another thread started about this .. it is titled "Hampton Court Ghost Caught on Tape"...

I posted these comments on that thread...

Wow... I saw the video of this on CNN Headline news earlier today!!! It was really impressive... but as Cufflink said.. he did use the door handles to open the door.

But as the figure is going back inside the door.. to me .. it looked as if the bottom of him.. like his knees to his feet ... that area became transparent... could this have been a video trick?

I am going to watch CNN news again tonight to see if they play the clip again.. and I will try to get a closer look.

I agree with doomgirl.. real or not.. it is very creepy!!!

(If anyone here's anything about it being proven a hoax.. please post it)!

I haven't seen the video footage, but did hear a couple of the security guys interviewed on radio earlier. They seemed genuinely perplexed. One said that the door the 'ghost' apparently opened was tough for a grown man to manage easily.

Anyone else find it kind of disturbing that the fire doors are tough for a grown man to open easily!?

Time for a health and safety inspection I think! tongue.gif