Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur mass grave discovered

glorybebe

ZURICH, Switzerland (Reuters) -- An amateur paleontologist in Switzerland may have unearthed Europe's largest dinosaur mass grave after he dug up the remains of two Plateosaurus.

The dinosaurs' bones came to light during house-building in the village of Frick, near the German border.

"A hobby paleontologist looked at a construction site for a house and happened to discover the bones," said Monica Ruembeli from the Frick dinosaur museum.

The finds show that an area known for Plateosaurus finds for decades may be much larger than originally thought.

"It could be that the area extends for 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) and in that case, you could certainly say it's the biggest site in Europe," said Martin Sander, a dinosaur paleontologist at the university of Bonn in Germany.

The Frick area contained the bones of one animal per 100 square meters, Sander said, so the entire area might contain bones of 100 more Plateosaurus.

mass grave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• bball

• swtp

• questionmark

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you will find that some of the Did Dinos exist? coming over here to tell you it is a mirage. Good post.

Now you will find that some of the Did Dinos exist? coming over here to tell you it is a mirage. Good post.

Yeah, really. I don't know how anyone could be so obtuse as to not believe they existed.

Yeah, really. I don't know how anyone could be so obtuse as to not believe they existed.

I have heard people say they didn,t believe in dino,s but i thought they were joking! How can anyone sudgest they didn,t? :blink:

I have heard people say they didn,t believe in dino,s but i thought they were joking! How can anyone sudgest they didn,t? :blink:

Ahh, nice to hear people say they can't believe people think they didn't exist. :)