Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pinky Floyd

Chavez puts Venezuela's clock ahead 1/2 hour

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Chavez puts Venezuela's clock ahead 1/2 hour

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

CARACAS, Venezuela (AFP): President Hugo Chavez Sunday announced that Venezuela's official time will be put ahead by half an hour starting January 1, and its first-ever offshore oil rig will start pumping before the year is out. "Its about the metabolic effect, where the human brain is conditioned by sunlight," Chavez said in a rambling, seven hour discussion on his radio show "Alo, Presidente" with Science and Technology Minister Hector Navarro. Specifically, Chavez said the Law of Metereology will be changed to reflect Venezuela's new time grid on the map showing it to be three-and-a-half hours behind GMT instead of the current four hours.

Minister Navarro said the longer day would benefit "all Venezuelans in their jobs and studies."

Nutcase

...Chavez said in a rambling, seven hour discussion on his radio show... SEVEN hours listening to this lunatic? Ouch..

Why would he do this? Because he can. He's 'El Presidente!' . The Law of Metereology will be changed to suit him..forget the time standard the rest of the world is on..

If this is not a definition of Bat-crap insane..Next year, my guess is that he takes the whole country back to year one and everything before then will be labeled 'BC'. (Before Chavez)

Edited by Pinky Floyd

If this is not a definition of Bat-crap insane..Next year, my guess is that he takes the whole country back to year one and everything before then will be labeled 'BC'. (Before Chavez)

I wouldn't put it past him.

Blessed are the deaf, they did not have to listen to Arias' speeches

Popular saying in Spain at the demise of Francos' dictatorship (Arias Navarro was his first successor).

Adapt as needed.

sounds like he's enacting day light savings time?...oooh we gotta stop the dictator...

So he moved the time a hour & a half? Geez. I feel bad for the people.

So he moved the time a hour & a half? Geez. I feel bad for the people.

LOLZ did you just say you feel bad for the people of Venezuela because their clock has been changed? :no: You know we change our clocks too, and the usual time we change it has been recently changed as well.

--

So this thread isn't about the time change obviously becuase that is not an issue of any importance, so I imagine it is about Chavez speaking for seven hours - I find that funny since I have found in the past that people that can speak for hours have something to say, can express their ideas without the help of media editting and funny most of all because I know of a world leader who can't string two sentences together without stumbling and stuttering and he was even re-elected . For one I would be more worried about that person leading a country.

So this thread isn't about the time change obviously becuase that is not an issue of any importance, so I imagine it is about Chavez speaking for seven hours - I find that funny since I have found in the past that people that can speak for hours have something to say, can express their ideas without the help of media editting and funny most of all because I know of a world leader who can't string two sentences together without stumbling and stuttering and he was even re-elected . For one I would be more worried about that person leading a country.

:D :D :D :D

LOLZ did you just say you feel bad for the people of Venezuela because their clock has been changed? :no: You know we change our clocks too, and the usual time we change it has been recently changed as well.

--

Well if he talked for 7 hours.. what else did he say that was important? or was the whole 7 hours just about the time change.. o.O;;