Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where/What/Who is the oldest ghost in present

chrisfreak

Most of the ghost sightings in present era came from a dead person on present era.. or from World War era... or Victorian era.. something like that...

So... what/where is the oldest ghost that still haunting until today? Anybody knows?

I wonder if there's any haunted place where the ghosts has been around for like... 500 years? Or probably ghosts from the era of Jesus Christ ??

I guess those old ghosts aren't around anymore... what happened to them?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Nile_Shaman

• abmannetje

• Libranaster

Most of the ghost sightings in present era came from a dead person on present era.. or from World War era... or Victorian era.. something like that...

So... what/where is the oldest ghost that still haunting until today? Anybody knows?

I wonder if there's any haunted place where the ghosts has been around for like... 500 years? Or probably ghosts from the era of Jesus Christ ??

I guess those old ghosts aren't around anymore... what happened to them?

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD QUESTION. ME AND MY WIFE WERE JUST WONDERING, ARE THERE CAVEMAN GHOSTS? SINCE THEY ARE IN REALTITYTHE OLDEST HUMANS TO HAVE WALKED THE EARTH.

I know they say there are some sights here in Australia that are haunted by aboriginal ghosts I wonder how old they are?

THAT IS A DAMN GOOD QUESTION. ME AND MY WIFE WERE JUST WONDERING, ARE THERE CAVEMAN GHOSTS? SINCE THEY ARE IN REALTITYTHE OLDEST HUMANS TO HAVE WALKED THE EARTH.

hmmm maybe that is what Bigfoot sightings really are! lol It would explain why no evidence beyond footprints are ever found. ;)

I have thought about this too. What about spirits from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt? and I mean ancient 2500-3000 years ago from the times of Caesar and Cleopatra. Or what about early homo-sapians when we still lived in nomadic hunter gatherer societies some ten-thousand years ago. You never here about someone seeing the ghost of a early human wrapped in mammoth skin wearing a necklace of mammoth teeth and carrying a spear of wood with an flint point.

Well, if you believe in the theory that ghosts can be reflections or echoes in time that somehow are sealed in the environment this would make sense. We constantly renew our environment and therefore there would be a vast amount of 'new' ghosts and less and less 'old' ghosts. And perhaps over time the older echoes stop being as potent as they once were. Or perhaps because there's such a large amount of time between those echoes and us we're simply not capable of 'translating' them properly anymore.

I hope I made sense here. :blush:

Well, if you believe in the theory that ghosts can be reflections or echoes in time that somehow are sealed in the environment this would make sense. We constantly renew our environment and therefore there would be a vast amount of 'new' ghosts and less and less 'old' ghosts. And perhaps over time the older echoes stop being as potent as they once were. Or perhaps because there's such a large amount of time between those echoes and us we're simply not capable of 'translating' them properly anymore.

I hope I made sense here. :blush:

Yes that does make sense.

This is a very interesting question for sure. I look forward to seeing whateveryone has to say about this.

There are accounts of a legion of Roman soldiers following an old Roman road, so they would be at least 1600 years old. The road they follow is buried under ground now – So all you can see is from their waist up – This off cause is imprinted ghosts, I don’t think I have heard of any “conscious” ghosts from before the medieval period – There might be an expiring-date on hauntings???

Romans and some occurances in Egypt are the oldest ones I know of. If there wasn't so much fighting going on and people weren't being distracted, I wouldn't be suprised if Sumarian spirits were seen in Iraq.

Ghost stories and sightings have probably been around as long as humans have, but it really would be interesting to find out which is the earliest written about or passed down story!

• 1 month later...

i know the oldest reported ghost is thought to be that of the Drummer of Tedworth, but i'm pretty sure "he" is not still around....

Maybe hauntings only last a certain amount of time before they 'fade' from the environment? Or the house/structure they reside in gets destroyed so they move on

Or you know when you get told of a haunting and the story goes 'and 100 years ago young Janey was found murdered in the upstairs room so it must be her'. Maybe it is not her and something much older and we just attach it to something modern.

I have thought about this too. What about spirits from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt? and I mean ancient 2500-3000 years ago from the times of Caesar and Cleopatra. Or what about early homo-sapians when we still lived in nomadic hunter gatherer societies some ten-thousand years ago. You never here about someone seeing the ghost of a early human wrapped in mammoth skin wearing a necklace of mammoth teeth and carrying a spear of wood with an flint point.

That is a good question... But really, would we recognize them if we saw them? After all, I doubt that everybody in ancient greece wore a toga and wraps leaves around their heads as they walked arounf in sandals. It begs the question - when a ghost is sighted how do we know what era it comes from? After all, sightings of ghosts dressed in victorian garb may just be people who died while going to a costume ball.....

Wow, some awesome points here.

I guess, however and unfortunately, that it is all pure speculation.

Here's another speculating thought: What if, after X amount of years as an ethereal being, these things get to actually move on to the "great beyond"?

My thoughts are this...

Theory 1...

What are ghosts? Energy. In time energy usually disipates into the environment.

Theory 2...

What if you died 1000, 2000 or even 5000 years ago. When that much time passes would it be possible for someone to forget the fact that they ever lived and wind up falling into the category of earth spirits and energy pockets?

Theory 3...

Many ancient cultures believed that the stars were home to the ancestors and that is where all were destinned to live forever. It is possible that they just directed their energies skyward.

My thoughts are this...

Theory 1...

What are ghosts? Energy. In time energy usually disipates into the environment.

Theory 2...

What if you died 1000, 2000 or even 5000 years ago. When that much time passes would it be possible for someone to forget the fact that they ever lived and wind up falling into the category of earth spirits and energy pockets?

Theory 3...

Many ancient cultures believed that the stars were home to the ancestors and that is where all were destinned to live forever. It is possible that they just directed their energies skyward.

The first two theories are depressing - they sound like death for the dead...

Are we talking about apparitions that have been photographed or what? If you believe in mediums they claim to contact very old spirits from time to time, but most paranormal investigators will tell you that 90 percent or more of mediums are fake.

I have seen photos of native Americans, as well as Victorian era clothes but I have never seen anything beyond that personally. The problem is, there aren't many eras that have clothing that is easy to identify. Native Americans are easy, as are Victorian dresses, but I have no clue what people wore before that time.

Someone have any photos of ghosts before cameras got invented......................think about it peeps.

• 7 months later...

The other night I dreamed about me, moving in to a really big house. The house was haunted by a young woman, topless.

Now this can tell you anything about my abillity to dream the unexpected, but it got me thinking. Why has nobody ever had a sighting of a nude lady.

Why are all ghosts fully dressed. Surely not everyone have their clothes on, while dying.

Why is there no sighting of ghosts, older than 1000 years, while humans are slaughtering eachother for a lot longer period.

If the Flying Dutchman is an echo of a vessel in a storm, why is there not a sighting of a crashing airplane, etc.

Do ghosts die after about 1000 years?

Is the eternal life a half-station? Is there a next level?

Could reincarnation really be an option?

If Hollywood would present a movie with nude girly-ghosts, you know who brought the idea.

Kind regards,

OmeT

Well I think the lack of commnication with ghosts makes it hard to determine the oldest one, I think that many of the older spirits would have moved on by now because they have completed their unfinished buisness.

This is an excellent question...and I have never heard it posed in here before either. So accolades to the OP.

There are those that believe, (and I have seen documentation for the source of these beliefs) that demons are NOT the fallen angels cast down from heaven. They are the Princes of the air. Some believe demons to be the disembodied spirits (ghosts) of the Nephilum (offspring of the fallen ones and mortal women). That would make these ghosts/demons very very old indeed. They were canabalistic giants in the Old Testament, that were forced to wander the earth for their trespasses against men. ~Jackal

Edited by JackalnChainz

There was a sighting in the 90's of ghosts dancing nude off a road in the Middle East. I'll see if I can dig up the article.

There was a sighting in the 90's of ghosts dancing nude off a road in the Middle East. I'll see if I can dig up the article.

That sounds great.

Imagine yourself dancing nude within the Middle East.

That alone could be a good reason to become a ghost, according to some religions.

Now I need to think of someting else no one has ever heard of.

But than again, if a spirit is here for unfinished busines. What could it be if your caught dancing nude.

Oh, and another thing. We know now that ghost might excist, right? If anyone of us dies and finds himself haunting his appartment-building. Why do you not want to be caught on camera. Why are you not trying harder to expose yourself.