Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russians Hold Keyboard Throwing Contest

Saru

Certainly one of the stranger sports out there, I saw this article today about a keyboard throwing competition in Russia.  :s02

---------------------------------------------

Russians hold keyboard throwing contest

By Nick Farrell [20-08-2002]

Next Olympic sport?

Moscow held the world's first computer keyboard throwing tournament this week.

Stressed participants frustrated with their PCs had the chance to take their keyboard by the cord and see who could fling it the furthest. More than 100 competitors turned up to the event.

According to the rules, published by Russian newspaper Pravda, "a keyboard should be flung with a right or left hand, without any body turns".

Another event that proved popular was a contest to kick computer mice. "A mouse should fly along a straight line," the rules stated.

The competitors were aiming for the first prize of a keyboard and mouse which could, of course, become next year's competition fodder.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

• Tommy

• cerberus

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people who would love to give the Russians a challenge,  especially with the keyboard!    ;)

I would go for kicking the 'mouse'!!

(Tommy,  even if they DID make ironing a sport,  and I knew I could win the   GOLD   I still wouldn't try out!)   :s2

AAhhh,  Homer,  did I get mixed up again?  I thought you said starch your shorts!!  :P  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

While your all talking about strange sports and stuff can someone tell me if this is true?  ???

I heard on the radio that in America people can pay to be kidnapped as an extreme sport, it apprently costs about $1000 to have blokes come an kidnap you!!   :sj

The agencies that offer this "service" say that its been such a sucess that their thinking about setting it up in the UK as well!

Anyone know anything about this? Or is it just more rubbish on Radio 1?  I mean what nutter would pay to be kidnapped?

Bizarre, to say the least.

As long as they don't turn up to kidnap someone, and end up capturing the wrong person.   :-/

Very good point,  SaRuMaN.

I was thinking about the children who are being taken on a daily basis in this country,  and they don't know their outcome!

I vaguely remember a movie with Michael Douglas called 'The Game'.  It would be interesting to see these same people have their planned kidnapping happen that way!  

I think it's a hoax personally. I did read the article Tommy linked but I still don't believe it. There is no mention in any legitimate news source. As KC said, there are violent kidnappings daily in the U.S., and there is a real public outcry over this issue, and I doubt that a business for this 'service' is accurate. Just my opinion.

You'd be hard pressed to find a sport stranger than this one. It's called 'Baby Jumping'  

image  :s01 :s01

Notice the expression on some of the women's faces.  :s4

:s9