Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogman/Werewolf caught on tape!

Shadygeneral

I dont know if this has been posted already but apparently someone got a video of the Michigan Dogman. Here it is:

http://www.michigan-dogman.com/gablefilm.html

and here's the link to the story of how they got the video:

http://monsterusa.blogspot.com/2007/09/mys...ht-on-film.html

Edited by cartman1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• Shadygeneral

• gypsygrl

• deader5000

I dont know if this has been posted already but apparently someone got a video of the Michigan Dogman. Here it is:

http://www.michigan-dogman.com/gablefilm.html

and here's the link to the story of how they got the video:

http://monsterusa.blogspot.com/2007/09/mys...ht-on-film.html

Well first thing is the over dramatic scare the audience watching the scary movie I knew it was coming ending that makes me think this is a fake. Would you really get video of some critters gaping mouth complete with fangs? Just seems a bit fabricated to me.

Also when we see the things start its run towards the camera. Am I the only one the sees it morph or something? And no I don't mean "omg its a werewolf morphing into some form" type morphing. I mean to me it looks like a guy in a furry costume then morphs into a stampeding bull. Look at when the thing sits up right before it starts its run. Does it look to anyone else like a person squatting on all fours and then getting up to "bear crawl" towards the camera? Movement like this would not be that hard for a high school football player that has to move like this in training. Im not sure they were doing bear crawls back then as part of training but this is what it remind me of.

Again I think this is someone in a furry suit at the beginning and then it is editted to morph into a charging bull. That is what I am seeing and this could be the result of some modern day technology editing of some older video.

Just some thoughts.....

Kevin A.

Ya That is the same one that isn't working. on the video they mention a case number attached to the film It starts with #MP wouldn't that mean missing person?

runs like a gorilla.

I dont understand why it's featured as an independant film, with the presentation of both the producers and studios.. Why so much glamor?

Edited by Sc4v3ng3r

Well I think its fake personally because of the copyright and how strict they are about it; It gets taken off youtube very quickly once its added.

Well first thing is the over dramatic scare the audience watching the scary movie I knew it was coming ending that makes me think this is a fake. Would you really get video of some critters gaping mouth complete with fangs? Just seems a bit fabricated to me.

Also when we see the things start its run towards the camera. Am I the only one the sees it morph or something? And no I don't mean "omg its a werewolf morphing into some form" type morphing. I mean to me it looks like a guy in a furry costume then morphs into a stampeding bull. Look at when the thing sits up right before it starts its run. Does it look to anyone else like a person squatting on all fours and then getting up to "bear crawl" towards the camera? Movement like this would not be that hard for a high school football player that has to move like this in training. Im not sure they were doing bear crawls back then as part of training but this is what it remind me of.

Again I think this is someone in a furry suit at the beginning and then it is editted to morph into a charging bull. That is what I am seeing and this could be the result of some modern day technology editing of some older video.

Just some thoughts.....

Kevin A.

I saw what you meant about the morphing thing. Maybe the teeth are because the person was suppossed to throw the camera at it to try and defend themselves? I know if I was p*** scared by something like that I'd probably throw the car keys in desperation, XD! lol

The thing that kind of makes me think it's a fake though is instead of just showing the clip it's just way to dramatic about it.

Edited by AdorablyDead

Thanks for the link antigravity. At first when it moves a front paw only it has the look of a gorilla then the image moves too fast and blurry to know what it was. If it's fake they've done a good job setting it all up at least...not your usual blob squatch.

Dogman/werewolf/bear/gorilla/person_in_suit caught on tape. I find it odd that it would run away for 23 seconds and then suddenly stop, turn around and suddenly defend itself. Why not just keep running or stand it's ground?

Also it struck me as odd when we don't get any view of it supposedly covering so much ground in 10 seconds. It is just starts towards and then in the next view, it is upon them.

Dogman/werewolf/bear/gorilla/person_in_suit caught on tape. I find it odd that it would run away for 23 seconds and then suddenly stop, turn around and suddenly defend itself. Why not just keep running or stand it's ground?

Also it struck me as odd when we don't get any view of it supposedly covering so much ground in 10 seconds. It is just starts towards and then in the next view, it is upon them.

nice vid, Never seen that one before acutually.

and i think if something like that was starting to run at you, youre gonna run like hell. so we probably werent able to see any of that footage while they were running.

although im not sure if it attacked them, OR, if they just dropped the camera in their escape. either way, loved the vid. freaky

It's pretty clearly a production, they tell you that right away. There's a guy in a suit, he kind bear crawls toward the camera sideways, and then you see some teeth and somebody falls over. Real videos don't have credits at the end.

It's pretty clearly a production, they tell you that right away. There's a guy in a suit, he kind bear crawls toward the camera sideways, and then you see some teeth and somebody falls over. Real videos don't have credits at the end.

Somethin tells me that the dude in the suit doubled as both the wolf and the key grip....whatever the hell THAT is.

when i saw this film i thought of a gorilla even when you check out the teeth they look like a gorilla also

Has it been verified that the story of someone buying it at an estate sale is the truth? Surely whoever discovered it would back this up.

Really intresting. When its moving it does seem to have " Dog Ears ". But strange they make such i big thing about the camera being so old and handy they filmed the cameras reflection in the wing mirror to.

Its sort of a bear/dog hybrid with an oddly human look. Scary.

Any one else notice a tail flick or was that just me?

I think there was some special effects there, it does'nt look like a man in a suit to me, just by the way the things rump moves when it spurts forwards.

Edited by BellaTrixie

This has credits and stuff like that because this isnt the actual film.This is sort of a documentary where they just showed parts of the actual video.IN the beginning it even says how long the actual video lasts.

Really intresting. When its moving it does seem to have " Dog Ears ". But strange they make such i big thing about the camera being so old and handy they filmed the cameras reflection in the wing mirror to.

that confused me to, what was that suppossed to prove?

This has credits and stuff like that because this isnt the actual film.This is sort of a documentary where they just showed parts of the actual video.IN the beginning it even says how long the actual video lasts.

itd be nice if you others could take some notes from cartman1

Looks like a gorilla, then like a bear, then a bit like a dog... :unsure:

The production of it is simply done to spice it up. It doesn't nessacarily give the video away as a fake. I thought it was odd they made a point of showing you the camera in the reflection of the rearview mirror however before they even showed the footage that is suppossedly real.

If it's real, my guess is a bear, regardless of the claim made that a bear can't cover that much ground that fast. And also (again, if real) someone would have to know about it.

It seemed the video was shot from the passanger seat, meaning there would have been a driver. What did the driver do? Watch his friend get attacked by a bear and just leave? You'd think there'd be someone way of tracing this back to what actually happened if it actually happened.

Edited by Left Field