Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The spaceship moon theory

sonofkrypton

This theory is scoffed at by most but there is a certain degree of evidence:-

Aristotle wrote of a people called the Proselenes who lived in Arcadia a mountainous region in central greece long before the coming of the greeks. The name Selene-the greek goddess of the moon-has come to refer to the moon itself, and the term proselenes means ''before the moon'' According to ancient legend, the Proselenes held claim to Arcadia because they lived there ''before there was a moon in the heavens'' The greek writer Plutarch also referred to ''prelunar people'' in Arcadia and the Roman author Ovid stated that the Arcadian ''folk is older than the moon'' The roman Apollonius Rhodius wrote that the Arcadians ''dwelt on the mountains and fed on the acorns before there was a moon.'' In Tibetan texts, there are references to a people on a lost continent named Gondwana, said to be civilized before there was a moon shone in the night sky.

Iconoclast Immanuel Velikovsky also has written about an early time before there was a moon ''the traditionsof diverse people offer corroborative testimony to the effect that in a very early age, but still in the memory of mankind, no moon accompanied the Earth'' he said. Velikovsky quotes from the finnish epic Kalevala regarding a time '' when the moon was placed in orbit''

It would explain why the moon gives evidence of being much older than the earth and perhaps even our solar system

It explains why there are three distinct layers within the moon, with the most dense materials in the outside layer. This is exactly the type of ''hull'' one would expect to find on a spacecraft

It would also explain the magnetism found in moon rocks. These rocks were magnetized as the ''mooncraft'' passed by planets and suns on its journey through space.

An artificially hollowed-out would explain why the satellite rang like a bell for hours when struck by the apollo seperation section

it all is a bit strange no alien.gif

• Like 1

So...

...Once upon a time, the moon was a space craft full of aliens. Upon entering an orbit of the Earth they experienced problems and were not able to leave Earth's orbit. Once they entered Earth's orbit, the major gravitational shift caused the oceans to swell. Mass flooding and weather changes occured. Noah built an ark and the dinosaurs and the rest of man kind perished. The moon is still a spacecraft full of aliens. They come and go as they please taking from Earth whatever they need. We never see them because they

always come and go from 'the dark side' of the moon. That is why we have so many UFO sightings. It is the aliens who live inside the moon. God help us all, once they figure out how to start up their space craft and leave Earth's orbit. This will again cause massive flooding and mass extinction.

Hmmmmmmmmm...I think this might be the beginning of a sci-fi novel. Perhaps this post should be moved to the Writers and Artists Hangout.....just kidding wink2.gif

This theory is scoffed at by most but there is a certain degree of evidence:-

Aristotle wrote of a people called the Proselenes who lived in Arcadia a mountainous region in central greece long before the coming of the greeks. The name Selene-the greek goddess of the moon-has come to refer to the moon itself, and the term proselenes means ''before the moon'' According to ancient legend, the Proselenes held claim to Arcadia because they lived there ''before there was a moon in the heavens'' The greek writer Plutarch also referred to ''prelunar people'' in Arcadia and the Roman author Ovid stated that the Arcadian ''folk is older than the moon'' The roman Apollonius Rhodius wrote that the Arcadians ''dwelt on the mountains and fed on the acorns before there was a moon.'' In Tibetan texts, there are references to a people on a lost continent named Gondwana, said to be civilized before there was a moon shone in the night sky.

Iconoclast Immanuel Velikovsky also has written about an early time before there was a moon ''the traditionsof diverse people offer corroborative testimony to the effect that in a very early age, but still in the memory of mankind, no moon accompanied the Earth'' he said. Velikovsky quotes from the finnish epic Kalevala regarding a time '' when the moon was placed in orbit''

It would explain why the moon gives evidence of being much older than the earth and perhaps even our solar system

It explains why there are three distinct layers within the moon, with the most dense materials in the outside layer. This is exactly the type of ''hull'' one would expect to find on a spacecraft

It would also explain the magnetism found in moon rocks. These rocks were magnetized as the ''mooncraft'' passed by planets and suns on its journey through space.

An artificially hollowed-out would explain why the satellite rang like a bell for hours when struck by the apollo seperation section

it all is a bit strange no alien.gif

Can you give me your references from text books where you picked up this info? Thanks. Sounds intriguing.

Surely the fact that the moon is older than earth can be explained by the fact that the galaxy formed by all the various bits and bobs floating around until such time that two bodies happened to be at the correct distance and weight so that one ended up orbiting the other, with both on a merry circuit round the sun.

What are these aliens doing at the moment? Waiting for a tow truck to come and take them back to a space-garage and fill it up with unleaded?

And could you clarify the following

the satellite rang like a bell for hours when struck by the apollo seperation section

Where is the evidence of this, please? Surely the apollo seperation module hitting the moon would be like a speck of dust hitting Big Ben, given their relative sizes.

Sandy Band,

Why did you have to be so silly as to say this:

"What are these aliens doing at the moment? Waiting for a tow truck to come and take them back to a space-garage and fill it up with unleaded?"

Firstly, you know that the aliens don't use unleaded, it's a trick question designed to make the author of the original post look stupid. As you are aware, aliens use diesel fuel in their moon spaceship as it's more economical when coming to Earth and buying a few litres from the local station, unleaded costs more.

Secondly, who has ever heard of spaceship tow trucks? I think you're being a bit flippant. Everyone knows that rescue ships come along with a band of grey engineers to fix the moonships and tweak the engines to get a few more horsepower. Some are dodgy and even put a sports exhaust on to get a few more horses kicking.

My thoughts are that perhaps there was no moon a long time ago, as those texts may indicate. It may have got caught in Earth's gravitational field while passing and stayed in orbit since then.

Although, thinking about it, there was talk when I was a young'un about there being a man in the moon. No one said what colour he was, but perhaps he was grey...

Why did you have to be so silly as to say this:

"What are these aliens doing at the moment? Waiting for a tow truck to come and take them back to a space-garage and fill it up with unleaded?"

Firstly, you know that the aliens don't use unleaded, it's a trick question designed to make the author of the original post look stupid. As you are aware, aliens use diesel fuel in their moon spaceship as it's more economical when coming to Earth and buying a few litres from the local station, unleaded costs more.

Secondly, who has ever heard of spaceship tow trucks? I think you're being a bit flippant. Everyone knows that rescue ships come along with a band of grey engineers to fix the moonships and tweak the engines to get a few more horsepower. Some are dodgy and even put a sports exhaust on to get a few more horses kicking.

My thoughts are that perhaps there was no moon a long time ago, as those texts may indicate. It may have got caught in Earth's gravitational field while passing and stayed in orbit since then.

Although, thinking about it, there was talk when I was a young'un about there being a man in the moon. No one said what colour he was, but perhaps he was grey...

very good

• 6 months later...

Im sorry if this has been posted but if there was no moon how did the tides work and also another question I have is that what are the aliens doing now hiding in my basment playing scrabble and monopoly till they can come out and if the moon was really a space craft woudnt there have to be some sort of propolsion system alien.gif

P.S every one have a good day grin2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

wow i usually play the skeptic but this theory is not all that far out there-at least some of it isnt. the truth is that no one really knows where our moon came from. there are several different theories. previous to the moon landing (which did really happen) the most accepted theory was that the moon was originally a part of the earth, which was much larger at the time. some time ago, about 2.5 billion years ago, a very large object passing through space collided with the earth. the collision caused a small chunk of our planet to be dislodged. the small piece (moon) did not have the momentum to escape the gravity of the larger piece (earth). when rocks were brought back from the moon it was found that they didnt match any rocks on earth, therefore it was not a logical conclusion that the moon was originally a part of our planet. the better observation of the surrounding solar system has shown us that of the some 100 "moons" -most of which are actually incindentals, the majority of them are not by any means spherical. just take a look at the moons of mars, our closest neighbor. the fact that our moon is spherical leads to the conclusion that it formed independently in space, as did the planets of our system. the next problem is this: it did not form where it currently is, its proximity is such that any and all material that would have caused the moon to form would have been pulled in by the gravity of the earth as it formed. so the two most current theories are that A: the moon formed independently of the earth, in the place it is now, after the formation of the earth. or B: (and this is the most commonly accepted theory) the moon is a small planet, which was caught in the gravitational field of the earth as it was passing through our solar system. this later theory provides for the fact that it is entirely possible that VERY VERY early civilizations were around to see a sky without a moon.

but no, i dont believe it is hollow, nor do i believe it is a spaceship.

Im sorry if this has been posted but if there was no moon how did the tides work

not to be a cynical a*s but if there was no moon the tides wouldnt "work" its not like the tides are required in order for us to be alive, or for the earth to go on functioning.

My Father use to tell my the earth was the ship...... And all the life on the planet was it's cargo...... Two dogs male and female.... Two cats..... Rats, pigs, humans. The ship faild to make it's destination and fell into an orbit around a star that was well known...... After the crue was saved the ship and it's cargo was was found to be unworthy of salvage and was left behind...... As the lightyears went by the dust and debris collected onto the massive hull and the cargo some thrived...... That's why if you dig deep enough you'll Find 1 of 3 things....... Water, Oil , Metal.... Well it's just something my dad use to tell me.

thats funny though snakeman, a good story to carry on for your children

the satellite rang like a bell for hours when struck by the apollo seperation section

Where is the evidence of this, please? Surely the apollo seperation module hitting the moon would be like a speck of dust hitting Big Ben, given their relative sizes.

Anything that orbits a planet is considered a sattelite. The moon is the sattelite that rang like a bell. It's all over the internet. (At least thats what I believe he's saying.)

i dont know if it was just me, but i found that first post extremely hard to follow disgust.gif

by the way, emerald-nice avatar!

well that would be very amazing if it were true, i always thought there was something odd about the moon, i hope theres aliens in it, or atleast i hope there was aliens in it....i've heard about the moon ringing when a spacecraft landed on it before... wacko.gif

• 1 year later...

In regards to the moon being Artificial, isn't there a monolith that is 5 miles high on the lunar surface that was spotted during the apollo 12 mission or something? Who put it there? ALso, the same goes for IAPETUS. It has the oddest formation, looks like the death star...has the oddest orbit because one side always faces the sun, and one side is full of some kind of unknown dark matter while the other half is reflective. Not to mention the great wall running through its circumference.

SO maybe we are just the new kids on the block...and the old fogeys of the universe put those satellites into orbit millenias ago...

WW

not to be a cynical a*s but if there was no moon the tides wouldnt "work" its not like the tides are required in order for us to be alive, or for the earth to go on functioning.

Actually you're wrong.

There's a theory that life on Earth originated from Tide Pools; which are obviously affected by the Lunar Tides.

If we didn't have the moon there's a very good chance we wouldn't be here either.

Wow, this topic is almost 2 years old...

In regards to the moon being Artificial, isn't there a monolith that is 5 miles high on the lunar surface that was spotted during the apollo 12 mission or something? Who put it there?

Nope.

Also, the same goes for IAPETUS. It has the oddest formation, looks like the death star...has the oddest orbit because one side always faces the sun, and one side is full of some kind of unknown dark matter while the other half is reflective. Not to mention the great wall running through its circumference.

SO maybe we are just the new kids on the block...and the old fogeys of the universe put those satellites into orbit millenias ago...

Just a crater, it does look cool, but it's nothing more then a big crater. As for the ridge, no final answer on that yet.

Edited by Nethius

The moon is a spaceship ?... i don`t think so !... But still aliens living on/in the moon sounds realy belivebal.

The inclination of the Moon's orbit makes it implausible that the Moon formed along with the Earth or was captured later; its origin is the subject of some scientific debate.

Recently, the giant impact hypothesis has been considered a more viable scientific theory for the moon's origin than the coformation or condensation theory.

The Giant Impact theory holds that the Moon formed from the ejecta resulting from a collision between a very early, semi-molten Earth and a planet-like object the size of Mars, which has been referred to as Theia or Orpheus.

The material ejected from this impact would have gathered in orbit around earth and formed the moon.

This hypothesis is bolstered by two main observations: First, the composition of the moon resembles that of the earth crust, whereas it has relatively few heavy elements that would have been present if it formed by itself out of the same material from which earth formed.

Second, through radiometric dating, it has been determined that the moon's crust formed between 20 and 30 million years after that of the earth, despite its smallness and associated larger loss of internal heat.

Moon

The inclination of the Moon's orbit makes it implausible that the Moon formed along with the Earth or was captured later; its origin is the subject of some scientific debate.

Recently, the giant impact hypothesis has been considered a more viable scientific theory for the moon's origin than the coformation or condensation theory.

The Giant Impact theory holds that the Moon formed from the ejecta resulting from a collision between a very early, semi-molten Earth and a planet-like object the size of Mars, which has been referred to as Theia or Orpheus.

The material ejected from this impact would have gathered in orbit around earth and formed the moon.

This hypothesis is bolstered by two main observations: First, the composition of the moon resembles that of the earth crust, whereas it has relatively few heavy elements that would have been present if it formed by itself out of the same material from which earth formed.

Second, through radiometric dating, it has been determined that the moon's crust formed between 20 and 30 million years after that of the earth, despite its smallness and associated larger loss of internal heat.

Moon

I love facts. No idiotic guesswork which is 95% likely to be wrong. Keep it up.

I would like to answer the first post..

But I think I would need to use so much sarcasm my head would explode :blink:

Not to mention the ridiculing! I won't even dare to think about the ridiculing...

So what of all the other moons that circle other planets in our system! A fleet of vessels ready to take over the whole system?

• 3 years later...

This topic has only hit the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the mystery surrounding the moon. From what i have heard from insiders at NASA, the Moon did in fact ring like a bell after the Apollo space craft landed. However in preparation for the mission to the moon NASA had to send satellites to photograph the moon and find a suitable landing spot. in doing so they discovered what are now referred to as the Moon anomalies. The photos show what look like the ruins of a city, destroyed domed structures, a gigantic antenna, and other structures as well.

Neil Armstrong who was the first man to step foot on the moon, reportedly radioed back to NASA that what he saw on the moon's horizon were several silver saucer shaped craft. this message was even picked up by ham radio operators on earth. Neil Armstrong was even quoted as saying that the extraterrestrials that live on (in?) the moon do NOT want us there. Coincidently, there were only a few more missions to the moon and then strangely enough NASA abruptly stopped sending anymore astronauts to the moon. Up until that point there was talk of putting a base on the moon from which we could send missions to Mars, and yet out of nowhere for no clear reason those plans we scraped. Odd isn't it? Why stop going unless maybe someone or something doesn't want us going there perhaps?

The knowledge of these beings on the moon was spread althroughout NASA and kept hush hush to the general public, since most people just do not want to grasp the idea that we are NOT alone in the Universe. I guess these same people also think that the earth is still flat and that the earth is the center of the Universe.

As far as the moon being a spacecraft, i think people are missing the point entirely. The moon is not a spacecraft that just happen to be travelling along and found earth. The moon is a base of operations and an observatory. Think of it as the way we might observe ants or animals in the wild (i know this idea is going to scare close minded people but you need to open your mind). Some might be thinking "Why would they observe us"? well, the answer is so simple. The human race owes it's very existence to these beings. "they" have been manipulating our DNA for millions of years. who knows how old their race is. the human race has only been around for a relatively short time when you think of the age of the Universe (billions of years). i can never understand why people think that we are alone and that humans MUST be the supreme masters of the entire Universe. please give me a break.

Extraterrestrials view us as an experiment, and as one that has gone quite badly. For instance, our society is fragmented; we don't get alone with each other and even worse we have the power to completely destroy all life on earth by the use of nuclear weapons yet not the wisdom to prevent it. These beings have been watching us for a long time and what better place to watch us, then from a "platform" floating in orbit. They have been watching us grow over the eons and it has often been mentioned by people who claim to have been abducted by extraterrestrials that these beings think of us as their children. why would extraterrestrials feel think of us as their children? even i couldn't grasp this idea for a long time. i just couldn't get it.

then one day it all made sense to me. they have a close connection with us because they helped to create us. i don't mean that they are responsible for all life everywhere, i don't know. in regards to humans what i presume is that they found earth millions of years ago and discovered early primates (apes, monkeys). they then proceeded with their experiments mixing their DNA with the primates here, and also wanted to watch the experiment.

In fact scientists still ask and have yet to find the answer as to the question: "if humans evolved from apes, then why are there still apes today"? many know this as the search for the "missing link". yet the answer is simple, there is no missing link. extraterrestrials have manipulated our DNA over the course of millions of years to get the human race where it is right now. Scientists also fail to answer the question as to why there are different races of humans (blacks, whites, asians, etc). why would living in different parts of the world cause a human to have slight variations or even mjaor variations in appearance? i happen to be white and live here in the US, however what if i moved to Africa and brought my whole white family with me there. after say 200 years would my ancestors provided they never left africa, now be black because they have lived their hole life in Africa? No, not unless of course they had wives or husbands who were black. if my family living in africa was to marry and have children with other whites, they would stay white no matter how long they live there, even after 2000 years. in fact if we look at the blacks rought over from africa during the slavery days of the united states which was abolished over 200 years ago (and rightly so! all men (and women) are created equal), their ancestors have been living here in the US for over 200 years and they don't look any different. their facial features haven't changed at all, and why would they change?

there is no valid explanation for all the different races except one. extraterrestrials created all the different races as sort of a way of gauging our progress. one day when humans can except each other for all our little differences whether they be racial or religious or whatever, then we will be ready for official first contact with life from other worlds. "they" figure if we can't even accept each others' subtle differences, then how can we accpet someone from another world who looks really different? "they" figure that maybe we might want to go to war with them because we are still violent and because we are afraid (foolishly). let's face it, people are afraid of things they don't understand (i on the otherhand embrace those things i don't understand).

so getting back to the moon as a spaceship, that is essentially partially correct. however it was meant as an observatory not to travel through space looking like a moon. now i know skeptics will say "if beings from another world have ships that can travel at high speed even light speed, why the need for a base in orbit around earth"? well, even if their advance ships can make the trip from their world to ours in say a few months as opposed to hundreds of years, that's still months to get to our world when they can keep all their ships inside a hollow base right in orbit. there have even been reports of not just UFO's but also USO's (Unidentified Submerged Objects) in the area of the Bermuda triangle. It has been proposed that these beings have a base right here on our world as well as in or on the moon.

in case anyone asks where i get my info from, i read books in bookstores. these is a whole section on this phenomenon so i can't name just one source as there have been many i have read over the years. i have also watched documentaries on the subject. some of it is just common sense, at least that is my feeling.

many people do ask me how can i believe in this kind of stuff when i have never met an extraterrestrial or been on their ship? i ask skeptics if they believe in God and they usually respond by saying, "yes of course". i ask them, "how can you believe in God when you have never met him or been to heaven and that there is no substantial proof that God even exists"? they usually don't have a response.

i guess it is called faith (and yes i do believe in God but no i have never met Him or been to heaven)(although i do hope go to heaven when my time comes)

• Like 1