Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coded Music

keithisco

The stone appurtenances in Rossly Chapel have been decoded to produce a coherent Musical Score.... but do musical scores also contain coded messages?????

See below for one example, courtesy of BBC News

Does the Frank Spencer music have Morse code?

Opening of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, decoded by Jim at BBC 6 Music

The theme tune to Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em is recognised by millions, but is it true that it incorporates Morse code into its opening bars?

Mental images of the hapless Frank Spencer getting into another scrape are immediately conjured up when the piccolos open the theme tune to the classic BBC comedySome Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Some Mothers...

The series may have finished 30 years ago, but the music is strongly associated with Michael Crawford's walking disaster wearing a beret and a raincoat.

Its composer Ronnie Hazlehurst died this week and a story about a hidden meaning within that famous score, deciphered by Morse code, was mentioned in some obituaries.

To test the theory, the Magazine invited BBC 6 Music to produced a musical score of the first few bars and use the Morse code alphabet to link the notes to their corresponding letters of the alphabet.

THE ANSWER

Yes, the opening bars spell the title, minus the apostrophes

And indeed, the opening melody played out by the piccolos, spells the title (minus the apostrophes): Some Mothers Do Ave Em, as illustrated in the picture above.

It is a measure of the talents of Hazlehurst, also responsible for memorable theme tunes such as Last of the Summer Wine and Are You Being Served?, that he could compose a piece of music under this constraint.

'Shrill harmonies'

Alan JW Bell, a close friend of Hazlehurst and producer of Last of the Summer Wine, says the composer was a "musical genius and jester".

"He often played musical jokes. On one episode of the Last of the Summer Wine the storyline involved some oil being found so he composed the music in the style of Dallas.

"It was so good we got a letter from the programme's solicitors threatening to sue us for breach of copyright. I wrote back saying that it was just in the style of the Dallas theme tune and there was no copyright on style.

"We never heard anything else and used the tune Ronnie had composed. It worked beautifully."

Other pieces of famous music use the same Morse code trick. Barrington Pheloung hid such messages in his music for, rather aptly, ITV's Inspector Morse. He included names that either revealed the killer or threw people off the scent. There are also theories about music by artists such as Rush and Roger Waters.But setting aside Hazlehurst's code, what about the qualities of the Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em score itself?

Robert Hanks, writing in the Independent, says: "On the surface, the brief, staccato theme for the long-running comedy is both the strangest and the most apt of all Hazlehurst's tunes - barely a tune at all, in fact.

"A pair of piccolos pipe out foreshortened phrases with shrill harmonies: it is almost a picture in music of Michael Crawford's Frank Spencer, with his boyishness and inadequacy to every situation; though its brevity and austerity are at odds with the broadness of the gags."

For what Hanks describes as "a few seconds of genius", Hazlehurst was paid £30.

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

The stone appurtenances in Rossly Chapel have been decoded to produce a coherent Musical Score.... but do musical scores also contain coded messages?????

See below for one example, courtesy of BBC News

Thanks for that.....an interesting read....I've not heard about any of that before.

'Some Mothers Do Ave Em'.....with a secret code in the theme tune....what-ever next!

The programme still makes me laugh...

In general....hidden codes and messages in music is a facinating topic....

Imagine...if a 'soap' theme tune contained a subliminal message....

Or if constant listening of certain kinds of repetative drumming music...actually

gave young people a kind of brain damage??

Don't want to turn a light hearted topic heavy, though........so......I'll shut up, now. :)

I knew about the Inspector Morse show having morse code in the theme tune.

But even on a basic level of music you have the notes, A,B,C,D,E,F,G,, add minors u got M, europe uses H instead of B, there are more, but im not going to bore you, but i mean in a couple of seconds you have, A,B,,C,D,E,F,G,H,M, so you could spell certian words to people an like any good code you can open it up more add more things etc etc, so yeah music can be used as a code.

Now THIS is a topic that I am lovin'... Coding in music - Totally possible and I'm sure it happens.

With today's technology of MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) and sequencing programs you could basically take any kind of mathematics and plug them into a more advance music program and see what happens.

When I was an artist on mp3.com a few years back there was a musician on there who took crop circle measurements and input them into a music program and the 'mathematics' basically played the song. Some were really not very musical at all though. Unfortunately we lost him to cancer. I really wish I could remember his name.

Here is a link to another crop circle music site. Crop Circle

Try a google search for crop circle music and see what you get... there's quite a bit out there.

I always wondered what it would sound like if Pyramid measurements were used in this same technique... or better yet the breakdown of Bible Mathematics.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.....an interesting read....I've not heard about any of that before.

'Some Mothers Do Ave Em'.....with a secret code in the theme tune....what-ever next!

Or if constant listening of certain kinds of repetative drumming music...actually

Don't want to turn a light hearted topic heavy, though........so......I'll shut up, now. :)

They used to say that about Jazz in the 20s and 30s, you know.

If you play drums loud enough and long enough, at the right speeds, your heart will begin to beat at the same rhythm. When Eugene O'Neil was still young, he wrote a play called the Emperor Jones with drums like that, starting slow and then speeding up, to affect the audience.

--Jaylemurph

I am also very curious if contained within some of the very ancient Devotional Music there might be underlying messages. In fact why is some music considered sacred at all? I'm thinking now of the cadences and stops in Monastic chants... is it a way of preserving certain information, or certain knowledge. Some of the chants are 1500 or more years old, and some have never varied, it was almost considered heresy to change any of the tonal points.

i am no expert (I play keyboards for my own amusement and occasionally in public) but I'm willing to bet that a real expert could come up with some very interesting observations

No way Bee!!! All input is good because too little is known in this area. Turn it heavy if you like, it's all information

If you play drums loud enough and long enough, at the right speeds, your heart will begin to beat at the same rhythm. When Eugene O'Neil was still young, he wrote a play called the Emperor Jones with drums like that, starting slow and then speeding up, to affect the audience.

--Jaylemurph

Just try Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon with a speaker system that can provide enough bass sound pressure... you will notice both your breathing and heartbeat changing. Not recommended if you have a heart condition.

Strauss' "Also sprach Zaratrustra" can get a chill running up and down your spine in a concert hall or with a good set of speakers, especially if the organ part is played with a Silbermann.

There is more to music than just music, much of it is designed to transmit emotions. Just that it cannot be experienced with the average Ghetto Blaster.

• Like 1

I do agree with keithisco and BiffSplitkins on their quotes about this subject. Music dose have many meanings with in its flow and how its played by tones to frequencies, also its an universal language.

I read somewhere that coded music will open certain chambers in the pyramids....

:lol: ..now lets see if I can 'google' it up????

I'm sure I heard somewhere that a DJ had produced music based upon the Fibonacci sequence! Anyonw here no who it was?

http://www.labyrinthina.com/putucusi1a.htm

Machu Picchu

Harmonic Sound Chamber

Intoning specific ancient sounds will induce visible standing waves of light, above and within temples, and penetrate inaccessible chambers. Discoveries indicate the ancients employed a harmonic sound technology to activate their temple structures.

The extraordinary discoveries of the world’s key pyramid sites including Machu Picchu's intihuatana Pyramid and others reveal them to be sophisticated harmonic structures, not only mirroring positions of the planets and stellar systems but designed to mimic the chakras and harmonic cavities of the human body.

linked-image

Stone altars are harmonically tuned to a specific frequency or musical tone. The sarcophagus in the centre of the Great Pyramid of Egypt is tuned to the frequency of the human heartbeat. Astonishing experiments conducted at the Great Pyramid and other sites in the America's demonstrate the pyramids to be voice-activated geophysical computers.

>>>>

The lost Enochian knowledge reveals the mother tongue as a "Language of Light" known to the ancients as Hiburu, the primal seed language, introduced at the beginning of this time cycle. Modern research confirms the most ancient form of Hebrew to be a natural language, the alphabetic forms emerging from the phosphene flare patterns of the brain. The same shapes in fact, born of a spinning vortice. It is a true language of light coursing through our very nervous system. Encoding the natural wave form geometries of the physical world. Hiburu is a harmonic language mimicking the wave form properties of light.

The "keys" Enoch speaks of turn out to be sound keys, keys to the vibratory matrix of reality itself, the mythic Power of the World. The Enochian knowledge describes sonic equations encoded within the ancient mantras and god names, capable of directly affect the nervous system and producing profound effect of healing and higher consciousness states.

Many modern scientists regard DNA as a shimmering wave form configuration able to be modified by light, radiation, magnetic fields or sonic pulses. The legacy of Thoth/Enoch/Viracocha suggests this "Language of Light," the harmonic science of the ancients, could actually affect DNA.

^_^

some more DNA music.... I so love it!!!! :D

http://whozoo.org/mac/Music/

http://whozoo.org/mac/Music/CD.htm

http://whozoo.org/mac/Music/Sources.htm

Edited by crystal sage

Astonishing experiments conducted at the Great Pyramid and other sites in the America's demonstrate the pyramids to be voice-activated geophysical computers.

huh? Pyramid in America?

huh? Pyramid in America?

Great AMERICAN Pyramids

http://www.geocities.com/linksatlantis/gre...canpyramids.htm

linked-image

linked-image

North America is home to numerous pyramids in the form of mounds of earth in varios formations such as that at Mississipi Monk's Mound which covers 16 acres; it rests on a base 1,037 feet long and 790 feet wide, with a total volume of approximately 21,690,000 cubic feet, a base and total volume greater than that of the pyramid of Khufu, the largest in Egypt.

linked-image

Tiahuanaco, until recently considered the oldest city in the Americas has the largely un-excavated Akapana pyramid with internal water channels, sometimes said to be a site for refining tin.

;) .. etc... etc... etc..

Edited by crystal sage

Great AMERICAN Pyramids

http://www.geocities.com/linksatlantis/gre...canpyramids.htm

linked-image

linked-image

North America is home to numerous pyramids in the form of mounds of earth in varios formations such as that at Mississipi Monk's Mound which covers 16 acres; it rests on a base 1,037 feet long and 790 feet wide, with a total volume of approximately 21,690,000 cubic feet, a base and total volume greater than that of the pyramid of Khufu, the largest in Egypt.

linked-image

Tiahuanaco, until recently considered the oldest city in the Americas has the largely un-excavated Akapana pyramid with internal water channels, sometimes said to be a site for refining tin.

;) .. etc... etc... etc..

I should have said "the great Pyramid in America?"... sorry if I caused undue work...

I should have said "the great Pyramid in America?"... sorry if I caused undue work...

:lol: I think they are pretty great... don't you???

:lol: I think they are pretty great... don't you???

Ehm, yes... now to the tuned king's chamber, heartbeat has a frequency from 1-1.2 Hz, which means that considering the wave velocity of sound if the king's chamber would have been half the size it still would be "tuned" to heart frequency (if it really is, too lazy to do the math now).

:lol: Yes...I surpose they did...actually I don't like jazz music and the way it makes

me feel....

The older generation has always resisted the musical changes that the young get into

maybe.....but in saying that....all this deep thudding stuff...it can't be healthy.

If you have a thoughtless neighbour that plays their 'music' loud and all you get is the

thudding.....I had to go to one of my neighbours recently and ask them to turn their

music down because it was stressing me out, bigtime....and causing an unpleasant

vibration in the whole building.

I wonder if there are unintentional 'emotional' codes in music....that affect people deeply....like...

is some of the loud thumpy music depressing some members of the younger generation

and making them more prone to stress and violence??? Or is the 'music' just reflecting what

they are feeling anyway....chicken or egg situation ?

I watched 'the Shawshank Redemption' again the other day....and there was that brilliant

bit when one of the main characters locked himself in a room and played classical opera to

all the inmates.....as the woman sang they listened in total rapture....their souls free for those

minutes.

Whoa, never would have thought of that, i love Frank Spencer, tis funny!

but i have heard of coded music before, anyone heard of, umm i think the Beatles songs that when played backwards,

says stuff in a demonic voice, same with a few other songs. umm i think one says things from the bible in a demonic voice,

but i'm not saying this is true, and you don't have to believe me, but i have heard somewhere about it.

:D

http://whozoo.org/mac/Music/ADH.htm

Alcohol Dehydrogenase

Alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) is an enzyme that makes it possible for humans to drink beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages. However, its "real" function is thought to be the conversion of alcohol generated by bacteria in the intestine to other metabolic products. Individuals with some mutant forms of ADH may be especially sensitve to alcohol. The molecule is a dimer made either of two identical or two different chains. Three of the possible sequences, alpha, beta, and gamma, are represented in the music; their slightly different sequences are listed below.

This sequence, like the sequence for Calmodulin, produces a musical line with a natural dance rhythm -- this time a tune with triplet rhythm like an Irish jig.

Also if you put on pink Floyds dark side of the moon and put the movie The wizard of oz and start playing them at the same time, they sync up with some intresting results.