Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

:-/Fantasy Football (American) Draft Help

Pale_Horse

The draft for my league's fantasy football season is approaching and I am stuck on some of my picks.  Overall I have the 3rd & 4th picks in the first round and the 1st pick in the second.  I am gunning for some runningbacks and a QB.

I'm leaning towards Brett Favre at QB in the first round along with Ahman Green at RB.   Second round I was thinking of going with a WR possibly Randy Moss.

I'm not quite sure about these pick tho...Any Suggestions? :-/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pale_Horse

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

• Kira

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,  LB,  you stole my answer!!  :s2

Where's Homer?  I'm sure he thinks

FOOTBALL IS COOL!   ;)

Hmmmmmm.......being that I'm from Wisconsin, I wonder what my answer would be?  :)

Obviously, you couldn't go wrong with Brett Farve as a choice, but you may want to reconsider Ahman Green. Green Bay's offensive line is still questionable and may hinder Green's performance at running back. Still, not a bad choice according to the Sporting News. Here's a link to help you make your decisions;

http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/rankings/rb

Good luck, here's hoping Green Bay makes the Super Bowl this year.  :sk :sk :sk

Magikman  :)

Ahhh... A fellow Cheesehead!  Go Pack!  I grew up in Wisconsin, in a little town called Edgar.  

As for Green, I kind of feel the same way.  The only other picks that are decent are Shaun Alexander or Priest Holmes.  But that Wisconsin blood runs deep.  (Alas, the burden of loyalty! ;D)

Marshall Faulk is out for me 'cause him being a "premium player" in my league means that he would cost me $50 to draft!   :s01

Thanks for the link.  Gave me more stuff to consider!

(Man, I still have to pick defense, 2 kickers, 2 tight ends!)

Go Pack!

LOL @ KC ;D

The Packers had an outstanding season last year. I especially liked the last game they played last year. It was their last game because the World Famous, All Powerful, Saint Louis Rams sent them home. I really loved that because the Cheeseheads helped my favorite team break a few records.

Lets see...Bret Favre threw 6 interceptions that game. What a coincidence, the Rams caught 6 interceptions that game, breaking an NFC playoff record ;D

Lets see...The Packers had 8 turnovers that game. What a coincidence, the Rams took advantage of 8 turnovers that game, breaking an NFC playoff record ;D  

Lets see...The Packers had their worst playoff game in franchise history. What a coincidence, the Rams outscored the Packers 45-17, giving the Rams the record of having the biggest lopsided victory in NFC playoff history ;D  

That being said, I agree with Magik in that Bret is a good pick. Green on the other hand. You would be better off handing over the $50 for Faulk. Check out the link for information on power rankings.

GO RAMS!!

:sj And I'm now totally lost........myself I prefer rugby. :s01

:s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2 :s04

Thanks for the links and suggestions all!  The draft is tonight and looking at my picks I am guaranteed at least 2 of the following: Brett Favre, Jeff Garcia, Shaun Alexander, or Randy Moss.  Wish me luck!

By the way Homer, did you catch the preseason game between St. Louis and San Diego last night (thursday the 22nd)?  What an amazing game! ;)

Pale_Horse,

Yes I seen the game. It was typical of all Rams preseason games over the past few years(since they have been the premier team of the league). Nothing unusual there. Doug Flutie looked great though, didn't he?

By the way, if Randy Moss would play every down like it was the most important play in the game, he would be the most feared reciever to ever play the game. His lack of dedication does a disservice to his talent.