Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LisaMHD

Sin Eater

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sin Eater

After hearing of this topic in the movie, it made me curious as to wheather these people or what ever they are ever really existed. All I could find that was related to this topic was an on-line dictionary entry. (see above link)

I even checked religous and church sites to no avail. Does anyone know of any more information? If they really existed, why wouldnt the church have any info available on them?

( Im going to see if I can fix the link. Sorry for any inconvienence.)

I fixed the link!!! grin2.gif

Edited by LisaMHD

[Edit] Post removed

[Edit] Post removed

The idea of a sin eater is a good thing for ppl who dont have a lot of faith but still want to get into heaven it gives them a sense of hope

Though I have not done much research on the subject I have a hard time placing any weight on the topic. It seems entirely too off key to me!

hmm...must admit, I've never heard of that...very interesting thought tongue.gif It can actually be fascinating to see all the little branch beliefs that spring up in any given supersticious...when you think about it, it's no less realistic than being forgiven for all your sins because you "repent" on your death bed huh.gif

The idea of a sin eater is a good thing for people who dont have a lot of faith but still want to get into heaven; it gives them a sense of hope

yes, that may be true, however, they wont get to heaven with only a sense of hope.

but that's their problem, and unless i meet one, its not mine either. tongue.gif

oh, another thing ----what on earths a GROAT?