Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The142

Mediation

12 posts in this topic

Mediation is to focus the mind and calm your emotions.

When i mediate i will lie down and breathe deeply in and out until I feel that my thoughts are in the present or i don't think of other things other than my breathing. But this is only one type of mediation There are other types of mediation which i will list below.

Imagining the place.

In this method, you can sit anywhere you like and imagine you are at the local park, the north pole or the beach.

For example you choose the beach, imagine yourself there and moving towards the water. The more real it seems the better. when in the water, imagine the water feeding you with energy and you feel better as you sit in the water and feel the waves. Do this as long as you want. When you think you are ready, go back to the beach and go back to yourself. You can choose any setting you want as long as you feel it is benifits you.

This method is for people who cannot relax or concentrate enough to do any of the above techniques.

For this type, you can just go for a walk somewhere comfortable it can be in the dark, it can be in the light, but it is better if the places you go to has as little people as possible, it is best if the place is within walking distance from your home. So that you can go back as soon as you feel tired.

Mediation is good if you constantly feel stressed it can help you to go away from the stress placed on you from everyday life. And help you cope better.

wonderfully written 142 :)

was calming and soothing just in the reading

why do you call it mediation? it seems like it's just you involved. no other parties.

why do you call it mediation? it seems like it's just you involved. no other parties.

mediation is supposed to be done by yourself right? unless you prefer to be with others then you can create a mediation group?

mediation is supposed to be done by yourself right? unless you prefer to be with others then you can create a mediation group?

are you on about meditation? makes sense now.

yes i mediate everyday.

Posted (edited)

yes i mediate everyday.

I think you mean meditate. :)

MediTate

Edited by the_scorpion

yes meditate i spelt it quite wrongly

anyone else into meditation

anyone else into meditation

Guilty as charged.

I especially liked the simplicity of the two parts of your original post, and the variety of approach between them.

There is no single, one size fits all, "right way" to meditate. Your post elegantly conveys this truth.

Meditation has to be just about the simplest "excercise" there is. For most folks, finding the time to do it is more of a challenge than doing it when the time is found.

Nicely done.

i used to meditate all the time, but i no longer do it as much cause of my disrupted schedule

My Dad tells me techiniques.Hes been telling me to mediate ever since i can remeber if i couldnt sleep, mediatate.

One techinque is mediating in a graveyard to relaise that the spirit has left the body and that it has moved on. another one is using a candle and a mirror in a dark room though i cant remeber what its spose to do :lol: